Seeking Any Resource Management, Empire/City Building, Trainer-Style Games?

Zeknichov

Feb 19, 2018
I like the idea of trainer games where you train slaves and improve your gold+buildings+character etc... The only problem is that I find most trainer games are overly complicated, tedious and with very limited content (just like 1 photo here or there). Jack-o-nine-tails for example gets recommended a lot and I do like its depth but I could never get into it because I found training girls to be too tedious, not intuitive and the content with the girls just far too limited.

Now, I want to say there's a well-known city-builder/trainer/resource management game but it's entirely text-based and that doesn't do it for me. I can't remember its name though. I prefer something like Harem Hotel (for those who've played it), where there's a storyline with "slave trainers" and each girl is something you "train" more-or-less but there's a lot of content and story behind it. You even earn gold and buy upgrades/girls if I recall correctly (haven't played it in a while).

I still do like the idea of open-ended content and amassing unlimited wealth/girls/etc... that some trainers allow for but I'd prefer there to be some decent content.

I also like resource management style games where you attempt to earn resources so you can buy better things to unlock more stuff to do in order to amass more resources etc... Things with low complexity though and not much tedious aspects to it. I tend to play a lot of "idle" games when I'm bored simply because there's not a lot of thinking involved in them.

If there's a game that combined elements of city-building, trainer, idle resource gathering, but with good pictures/videos/animations and a story, that would be pretty cool. Anyone have any ideas of stuff I might like?

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
Zombie's Retreat - open-world (small one though), survival, resource gathering, crafting, multiple girls with separate gameplay-based progressions (plus threesomes), not tedious or grindy imo. Wouldn't call it a trainer though. Apparently the sequel has some level of construction too, but I haven't played it far enough.

Lust and Power is much more of a trainer (MC is more proactive / sleazy), and is also a survival game with combat and crafting.

I guess Lab Rats 2 fits the bill better, but it's an acquired taste at best.

Reactions: minotaur1442