Daz Any risk of using Daz Install Manager (logged in) Online with pirated files?

VirginPanties

Nov 18, 2021
Looking to get the latest beta of Daz to see if it's helping with some of the issues I'm having with 4.20.0.17, but can't seem to find any way to download it outside of Daz without going through their DIM installer, and to do that it needs to be online/logged in, if I'm understanding correctly. So, title, basically. Can I log in via DIM and get the newest Beta with pirated files, or does it connect with the mothership and eventually catch you?

Thanks.

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
Looking to get the latest beta of Daz to see if it's helping with some of the issues I'm having with 4.20.0.17, but can't seem to find any way to download it outside of Daz without going through their DIM installer, and to do that it needs to be online/logged in, if I'm understanding correctly. So, title, basically. Can I log in via DIM and get the newest Beta with pirated files, or does it connect with the mothership and eventually catch you?

Thanks.
You'll be fine.

moose_puck

Sep 6, 2021
I routinely go online to download/fix Daz when I fuck something up. The only thing I have noticed at times is that my "Installed" list will change when online to show only the files that Daz thinks I own. That scared the shit out of me one time when I crashed Daz with a bad asset and had to reinstall it. I had over 500 assets installed in "My Daz Content", but after I downloaded and re-installed it, the DIM Installed folder was showing only the 30 or so purchased assets I had.

All was well though when I ran DIM again, this time offline.... it then showed the files. I have since started making a mirror image of my asset folders on another drive.

I stay away from Daz Connect. I will not ever install that crapware, and I dread the day Daz sells out to some other company and they force us to be connected to even run Daz. So many other good software companies have done that over the years. But, if it happens, then a pirate community will keep the last offline version going for a long long time, I am sure.