Any tips on making a big scene like class room in daz

Deleted member 1420677

Game Developer
May 20, 2019
Hey guys any tips on making a big scene like a Class room with many characters (but only 2-3 are main characters rest are the other students ) so as I can't keep the class empty what should I do to save memory as it would take a lot of it and will take ages to render. So do I have any alternative like duplicates used in "milfycity " (blue and red substitutes) or you guys got anything better?
Thank you.

Mimir's Lab

Game Developer
Sep 30, 2019
I don't use Daz studio but I have the same issues as you in my chosen 3D environment. For me, I just use different camera angles so that you can only see a couple of students at a time. Mine is kinda wonky but you might have better results depending on how you set up the class rooms and where your main characters sit. For example, most of my main characters sit towards the back of the room if the classroom has many students, or towards a corner so I can position the camera in a way to not capture too many students in one scene. You should probably throw in a picture or window in the background so it doesn't feel so claustrophobic because walls will usually be your backdrop of you're trying to angle away from other students.

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
Hey guys any tips on making a big scene like a Class room with many characters (but only 2-3 are main characters rest are the other students ) so as I can't keep the class empty what should I do to save memory as it would take a lot of it and will take ages to render. So do I have any alternative like duplicates used in "milfycity " (blue and red substitutes) or you guys got anything better?
Thank you.
https://f95zone.to/threads/now-crowd-billboards-school-life.40074/

...and DOF.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
If your students wear the same clothes (e.g. uniforms) you could use one or two figures and then duplicate them by instancing them. An instance isn't a real copy, but basically a "mirror" (without being mirrored if that makes sense), so it uses only a fraction of the recources of the original.

Shadow Fiend

May 21, 2018
Thank you.