Any tool to manage manually installed Daz content?

xxx3me

Jun 19, 2020
I've been searching for hours and the answer seems to be no, but anyway...

The classic issue: I have an external drive with tons of content from many sources. Is there any content manager that can detect and uninstall/show manually installed assets? I tried this one https://f95zone.to/threads/daz-content-manager-0-5-rythamun.40429/ but it only works if we have the original packages – I don't have installation packages anymore, so no rar or zip, only a fat resources folder with all of them dropped there.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Don't think so, as it should require a file database of ~ assets, not counting assets downloadable outside of Daz shop. And I don't see Daz devs doing this as legit customers have DIM. Or you could create a tool that analyse any duf file in the library, save files dependancies and parse the results... But eww o_O.

Reactions: xxx3me

xxx3me

Jun 19, 2020
All you have to do is go to the tab Edit > Preferences > Content > Content Directory Manager

Once you open that Window, you have to click on the tab Daz Studio Formats. Now you can add Custom Directorys to your Studio and it will be displayed in the Content Library as a seperate folder for each directory you add.
I can do this, but if I got the point, that's herculean task... I would need to know where are all files related to a certain asset like a character or anything else. So bad there is no way to do an automatic detection. I guess I'll have to live with the "duplicate formula" errors :(

Thanks guys

• Sad
Reactions: AncestralGroove

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
I can do this, but if I got the point, that's herculean task... I would need to know where are all files related to a certain asset like a character or anything else. So bad there is no way to do an automatic detection. I guess I'll have to live with the "duplicate formula" errors :(

Thanks guys
Oh it's for duplicate formula errors? Should told that first.

Open Daz, go to Help>Troubleshooting>View log file.
Ctrl+A to select everything, delete & save.
Load your G8F/G3F
Help>Troubleshooting>View log file again.
Looking at it you should find the name of files causing the problem.

xxx3me

Jun 19, 2020
Thanks, (seems to be) solved following instructions from here.

Weirdly or not the problematic slider had a (2) before it , making me think it was duplicated some way, but I didn't find where slider files are installed.

It doesn't matter, errors are gone for now.