Anybody check the new Paypal policy?4.99$ fee,wtf?patreon related,help!

lilithcp

Jun 10, 2017
does this affect patreon? If I patron 1 guy for about 5$ a month, does that mean I have to pay 5$+4.99$ fee?

cause patreon.com is in USA,and I am not,so is it an international transfer or payment?

ps: the paypal new policy link

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
The only $4.95 fee I've ever known PayPal to have is if you get a PayPal MasterCard and 'bank' with them. Even then it's only $4.95 a month, not per transaction, whereas some banks charge £10 a month so it's not that bad. Or can you link the new policy if it's not this, because I cannot find anything about it?

lilithcp

Jun 10, 2017
The only $4.95 fee I've ever known PayPal to have is if you get a PayPal MasterCard and 'bank' with them. Even then it's only $4.95 a month, not per transaction, whereas some banks charge £10 a month so it's not that bad. Or can you link the new policy if it's not this, because I cannot find anything about it?
it's 4.99$,it says if you are sending or receiving international payment,the fee is 4.99$+3.4%+fixed fee.
does this effect the patreon.com? will I charge 4.99 per month.
I upload the policy link,please check out,I am not native English speaker,and deals little with the international bank or payment company.

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
it's 4.99$,it says if you are sending or receiving international payment,the fee is 4.99$+3.4%+fixed fee.
does this effect the patreon.com? will I charge 4.99 per month.
I upload the policy link,please check out,I am not native English speaker,and deals little with the international bank or payment company.
You're referring to the personal payment fee? Then no. That is specifically intended to be you sending money directly to someone else's paypal. I'm not even sure if that would affect non patreon donations through paypal. That said, with patreon, you're paying patreon who is using paypal as a payment provider. This is different.

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
So reading that it's for Personal Payments, like if you're a guy paying his mum rent each month through PayPal. If you transfer from a non-US bank account to a US one you'll know get that fee.

Everything through Patreon is done as a business payment though not a personal payment, so you will not see any changes :)