Anybody else use other users' sig banners to find new games?

HalGLC

May 12, 2017
Sure a lot of them are already under Popular Games bur if a game like Timestamps or Depraved Awakenings is good enough to get someone to put a banner of it in your sig, that's usually a good sign for me to check it out.

Kind of wish people would hotlink the banners so they send you to the game page

kiteares

Nov 15, 2017
Sure a lot of them are already under Popular Games bur if a game like Timestamps or Depraved Awakenings is good enough to get someone to put a banner of it in your sig, that's usually a good sign for me to check it out.

I do.
I like the banners that are hotlinked too.
My biggest issue is the number of games I would recommend, so I've been toying with the idea of just starting a thread listing and hotlinking the games I('ve) enjoy(ed) and linking that in my sig.

Reactions: DarthSeduction

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017

When I first started Signatures were how I found most of the games I felt like playing. I also agree though, it would be nice if they'd hotlink them.

Reactions: Nottravis

W4RL0RD

Jul 7, 2017
yah i agree fully; some banners get me really interested in some of the games but then i have to search them just by the (sometimes written in a kinda hard to read font) title; hotlinked ones are way better in that regard

215303j

My biggest issue is the number of games I would recommend, so I've been toying with the idea of just starting a thread listing and hotlinking the games I('ve) enjoy(ed) and linking that in my sig.
Yeah, on the other hand, if you are limited to having a maximum of 2 or 3 games in your sig, it also makes you more critical.

I see it as a way of non-financial support.There are plenty games which I play, and also like in some way, but which won't support.

The only thing I am a bit afraid of is showing preference to one certain dev / game over another one.

Reactions: kiteares

depechedNode

Oct 10, 2017
I discovered some games thanks to the signatures too. When I added banners to my signature, the first thing I did was adding links to them. It's a very simple process, so I'm surprised that many users didn't add links to their signatures for better promotion of the games they like.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Totally use others signatures. Often the only way to find the gems. Especially with the "Popular" games being flagged by post number as opposed to say ratings.

Eoin

The Bug Hunter
Donor
Feb 21, 2017
Absolutely not. I have all signatures turned off. Speeds up the site considerably. I usually find games by the tabs at the bottom of the home page.

HalGLC

May 12, 2017
So, sig banners that have games I've never played and am now considering just in this thread

Life
Life with Pleasure
Our Fate
Adventures of Willy D
High Rise Climb

So...yay

Casper

Donor
Aug 5, 2016
If the proposed rule on signatures is implemented and enforced, I might, MIGHT turn signatures back on.

Engelstein

Feb 17, 2018
I know it helped me deciding on trying Good Girl Gone Bad. I'd seen the game posted on the chans but never cared to click... but since coming here I've seen 4 or 5 different sigs for it and I thought they were gorgeous so I finally clicked. Not disappointed. :)

Also, seeing the sigs inspired me to make my first signature since around '09-ish.