Anyone else get blocked on Patreon for sharing games?

• Thread starter Deleted member 3352948
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3352948

I guess I shouldn't be shocked, it just sucks. It's probably a common occurrence, but it just happened to me and I feel like shit for it, especially when I was a huge fan. A lot of creators probably see it as money being taken away from them, but when they used to update the game here themselves and the game hadn't even been posted here since 2019, seems a bit hypocritical to me. My thoughts were that I not only would be giving the game way more exposure, but it also increases the likelihood that someone else would share the game in the future, which would increase the odds of even more people becoming Patrons. Idk, I guess this thread is my way of coping. Thoughts?

D

Deleted member 3352948

Just because I am member on here, does not mean that I spend all my time downloading every single game.;)
No one does. The fact that you download games period makes you a hypocrite, if people weren't Patrons the vast majority of content would not be here, yet you took the time to come into this thread and be an asshole towards me.

Reactions: Domiek and Lussuria

おい!

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2018
No one does. The fact that you download games period makes you a hypocrite, if people weren't Patrons the vast majority of content would not be here, yet you took the time to come into this thread and be an asshole towards me.
I do not care whether the content is here or not, this is not the only site where someone can download games. ;)

Reactions: Lerd0

Lerd0

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
Am I in the Twilight Zone? There's two games in in your sig I'm assuming you like. Someone paid for access to them, all it takes is one game. That is my point.
Have u tried clicking those signatures........

Staimh

Dec 12, 2020
You broke the rules - you got caught - you paid the price - fair dos - just how it is

Feel free to check my list of favourites in my signature
The developer or development team actively interact on all the associated threads and provide regular updates to the games.
In most cases they have directly responded to my questions and comments. So there are many games to download with the developers blessing.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Lerd0
D

Deleted member 3352948

You broke the rules - you got caught - you paid the price - fair dos - just how it is

Feel free to check my list of favourites in my signature
The developer or development team actively interact on all the associated threads and provide regular updates to the games.
In most cases they have directly responded to my questions and comments. So there are many games to download with the developers blessing.
I got "caught" because I wasn't hiding. The only reason I even went to these lengths was because it was a superhero game, and those are my favorites. Anyway, I'm over it, not like I would want to give money to someone who clearly doesn't want me playing their game anymore. My main intention for making this thread was to hear from others that had a similar thing happen to them, not for the obvious to be stated over and over, lol

DearLegend37

Compressor
Dec 20, 2019
always post the links on a secondary account if you use the same nickname on both websites.
but the best way is to simply report the thread with the download link, thats much simple, also the dev won't nuke the link this way.

dont be surprise about that happening, it happened many times already, it's part of it.

Reactions: fitgirlbestgirl
D

Deleted member 3352948

always post the links on a secondary account if you use the same nickname on both websites.
but the best way is to simply report the thread with the download link, thats much simple, also the dev won't nuke the link this way.

dont be surprise about that happening, it happened many times already, it's part of it.
Yeah, I learned my lesson. If I ever want to share another game in the future I will be more anonymous about it. I appreciate the advice.

DearLegend37

Compressor
Dec 20, 2019
Well, the system is kinda rigged, you can create a account on f95 with the name of a patreon user and post the link, and the user will most likely be banned.

but I did not tell you that. :giggle: