Anyone else gets massive cyberpunk vibes surfing around the forums?

Capella

I write.
Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
Alright, let me explain...

I don't post much, but I like to surf around on the forums to see what's going on - when I do it, I feel like I'm walking down a street seeing all kinds of people do all kinds of shit. I look to my left, I see someone complaining about how NTR should be accepted/hated. I look to my right, I see someone trying to sell a new game idea. I look up, I see a bunch of people just trying to be helpful and kind in general. Deep into some threads, there is the occasional grandstanding, sure, but It's kinda interesting to see how people interact on the subject of adult gaming.

Anyone else feels like that? Or am I just rambling nonsense?

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
I'm sure everybody has felt that some point or another, but after 25 years online it just seems normal to me. I do remember getting the vibes though, and I am still conscious of how all the cyberpunk things I read about in the 80s are now either normal or on the verge of becoming real. brain interfaces coming up, synthetic eyes in human trials, legalization of drugs, global wifi being launched on orbit, off-planet colonies becoming true very near future etc... it won't be that long before you'll be able to jack in at moon and be virtually present on earth.

almost none of us here pay too much attention to where people are from, what color or culture, everything is just a virtual bazaar of people and infinite selection of weird shit. the outside world almost doesn't even exist to us anymore, borders mean nothing, almost everybody speaks in the same languages. and it's not gonna stop here, instead this is gonna spread outside. the people outside still stuck in the old world with countries, borders, religious politics, nationalism, they're all dying off like dinosaurs. and that's by they're desperately trying to push those ideas, they know it's their last moment and soon it's all gone. all the young people are born here, not there, and they don't have time nor interest for all that dated bullshit.

Reactions: zucite