Anyone ever get in any legal trouble?

StygianSerpent

Dec 23, 2022
I'm currently developing a Renpy game with mainly CG scenes and characters using Daz and alike and wondered what people knew about the legal risks of CG copies of characters from TV shows etc. Looking around it seems like people don't really bother to change the names of famous characters. Are adult games just something that don't draw enough attention for them to bother chasing us?

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I'm currently developing a Renpy game with mainly CG scenes and characters using Daz and alike and wondered what people knew about the legal risks of CG copies of characters from TV shows etc. Looking around it seems like people don't really bother to change the names of famous characters. Are adult games just something that don't draw enough attention for them to bother chasing us?
No one ever asks this question /s

Here's a few responses that I'll link to:
here - copyright in general, with a couple of real world examples
here - using the likeness of characters/actors adds more possible plaintiffs if legal actions are taken
here - this is a three year old thread that encompasses a lot of answers to many questions that might be out there (and it's not just me posting it)

Reactions: StygianSerpent

StygianSerpent

Dec 23, 2022
No one ever asks this question /s

Here's a few responses that I'll link to:
here - copyright in general, with a couple of real world examples
here - using the likeness of characters/actors adds more possible plaintiffs if legal actions are taken
here - this is a three year old thread that encompasses a lot of answers to many questions that might be out there (and it's not just me posting it)
Sorry bro, should have found that on my own, but nice one for taking the time to point me in the right direction

Reactions: Count Morado

Wankyudo

Jul 26, 2017
Also worth noting that anyone who has been sued for any copyright infringement isn't likely to outright say they are doing so because rule #1 of being involved a legal case is don't talk about your legal case. Everything they say about their lawsuit is free game for other lawyers to use as fuel to put them into debt hell for generations. If you have to ask the question of "Can my ass get pulled into court for what I'm doing?" Odds are, yes. Yes it can.