Anyone feel like converting Warlock and Boobs game into a Ren'py version?

hakarlman

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2017
There's this game called Warlock & Boobs. It has amazing art and once you get to the actual NPC dialogues, they're pretty decent and quite erotic. However, getting to the actual scenes is a COMPLETE NIGHTMARE. The game is so complicated and so complex that by the time you actually do figure out how to get to erotic scenes, you're completely turned off from the massive frustration of constantly alt tabbing out of the fucking game 3489348 times to check it's insane complicated walkthrough. The massive length in-between erotic content is so long, that it completely destroys and ruins the erotic experience. A lot of game suffer from this problem of horrible pacing.

The art is so damn good, that the game deserves a better gameplay experience.

Would anyone be inspired to convert it to Ren'py?

- Cut out all the stupid puzzles.
- Cut out all the vague parts of the quest and make it so the quests are actually fun yet easy to do.
- Cut out any pointless tasks.
- Make a simpler day & night system.
- Let you switch day & night whenever you want.
- Ditch the crafting.
- Ditch the potion crafting.
- Ditch the food making.
- Ditch the gardening and plant picking shit.
- Make sure the quests tell you exactly what to do so you never have to alt tab out of the game.

The art is very good, it's like TRIPLE-A quality, but the gameplay is fucking terrible. What a waste.

Last edited:

Drsweets

Just some dude
Game Developer
Nov 26, 2020
I'm pretty new at Renpy but I would try to convert games, it would probably improve my skills. The big issue is copyright since you want to copy someone's game and artwork.

hakarlman

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2017
I'm pretty new at Renpy but I would try to convert games, it would probably improve my skills. The big issue is copyright since you want to copy someone's game and artwork.
People could support his patreon and yours.

I really like his art & kinky erotic sex scenes, but his gameplay mechanics and quest log system are complete and utter shit.

If I could enjoy his game with a Ren'py version, I'd sub to his patreon. I'd even sub to someone's patreon who converts it to Ren'py.

hakarlman

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2017
Bump. THere's a new update for this game. Check out this art:

Here's the problem. The game is too fucking hard to play. It's nearly impossible to figure out. The quest log doesn't tell you shit either. It's inaccessible to the mainstream. You got to be one of those brilliant gamers from the 1990's to figure this game out. It's fucking impossible.

Can someone convert this game to Ren'py? The art is amazing.

Game is full of wicked content too. Really depraved, but fuck, it's just too hard though. This game needs a Ren'py port so bad. I'd love to play it. I've been wanting to play this game for years, but it's beyond difficult. Even with a guide, it's nearly impossible to figure out.

I mean, I could figure it out if I treated the game like a job, but fuck that man. If I treated it seriously, and gave it all my mental attention, it would kill all eroticism.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
The funny thing about this thread is that it takes little to no effort finding cheats within the game thread itself, which fixes all the "issues" you have with the game. :LUL:

hakarlman

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2017
The funny thing about this thread is that it takes little to no effort finding cheats within the game thread itself, which fixes all the "issues" you have with the game. :LUL:
Even with the cheat room, the game is too difficult. I tried. If you check the warlock and boobs thread, I tried soooo f'ing hard to get into that game. I made a post criticizing the games difficulty and a bunch of people agreed and liked my post, so I know I'm not alone.

The game has a quest log, right? But, when you FIRST play the game and start out in front o the house, the QUEST LOG IS EMPTY. WTF?! The whole point of a quest log is to have a QUEST in there that guides you on what to do. That's how broken and flawed that game is.

That developer would put a fucking flower petal UNDER a ROCK and expect you to search under every rock IN THE ENTIRE WORLD AREA, lol. That's not literally what he does, but if you check his changelog, he literally makes events like that and THINKS IT'S FUN, lol.

So because everything about the game is trash, you're going to convert it into a VN so there's less trash to skip through? Why don't you just do a CG rip like a normal person?
It's not trash bro. I love dickgirl and normal women content! That art style is amazing. One second you could be fucking a hot babe, the next a hot dickgirl babe, but it's impossible to figure any of it out without an overwhelming effort, that's so demanding, it kills the erotic mood.

Reactions: mrttao
Aug 29, 2020
Converting to renpy will be rather difficult + there are fun pixel sex scenes with dialogs that will be lost.
But I can try to improve cheat system, for example, add scills for change money/time everywhere. If you have any request for cheat-mode, you can write here.