Anyone here have any experience making Daz geografts?

PlayfulUK

Apr 20, 2019
I need some assistance... Or maybe this topic is too technical... Well, anyway I'll crack on:

I wanted to do some detailed morphs for the genital area of my character, and decided to make my own female genital graft as almost all commerical are reasonably low poly cages (and Daz doesn't give us HD morph ability). I followed a tutorial to do transfer and so on, fit the figure, etc. to base Genesis 8. It all seems to work OK except I have two problems remaining.

(1) I copied the torso texture from the G8 figure onto the graft and the map looks fine in Texture Shaded, but as you can see from the screenshot, in iRay the graft is a somewhat different colour, i.e. it looks like it has a different translucency. I checked the UVs and there are as they were when I exported. I can't work out why, when it has exactly the same shader, it looks different.

high detail.png

(2) When I add a smoothing mod to the graft and set its type to Base Shape Matching, it matches the base shape to Genesis 8. But for another character that perhaps has many morphs, this is the wrong shape to smooth against. Set Smoothing Modifier Base doesn't seem to do anything (do I need to be in some "mode" for it to work?).

Do either of these issues sound familiar to anyone?

PlayfulUK

Apr 20, 2019
FYI, I fixed the shader issue: Thin Walled was ON in my graft shader and OFF on the torso, even though I'd copied the surface over (must be a Daz bug when copying surfaces).