Anyone Interested in creating Open Source Clone of Whore Master?

dullman

Jun 4, 2017
Hello I look for people who want like me to see more games like WM. Myself I tried to create few times but each time I failed on lore/writing.

What engine I would propose for it ?
- It would be unity with NoesisGUI which both are free to use for non commercial usage. Why unity? because newest version support Net 4.6. Why NoesisGUI? because it's Xaml like designing for UI, and has many elements ready (like datagrids :))

What difference I would love to see from WM ?
- First characters would be male and females not like in WM where we have only females, second we have own characters which can do some jobs, third we move to Json files instead of XML, fourth basically we rewrite entire engine but we keep traits/stats/skills at least most of them, five assigning girls to gangs.

What else I would love to see in it:
- I would at beginning want to use mainly image packs like WM, but slowly also introduce second method to display characters which are sprite character which would reflect different equipment on them etc. Of course it would be an option to standard image packs.

If you want too see an example of sprite template that I would want to use in game I have it here qdhKTva.gif

Of course the sprite would have three different breast size, different hairstyles, equipment which would be great for random characters. Also must mention I would also work on sex sprites for different jobs, but to be truthful making sprites takes me a long time, so first I would work on supporting image packs.

So anyone is willing to join and create Open Source game together?

Reactions: dussalant

docclox

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2016
Speaking as someone with a fair amount of code in the original Whoremaster, it already is open source. Or should be. GPL V2 if memory serves.

Which isn't a reason for not making a similarly themed game from scratch, of course. Just if open source is the motivation, the jobs done already :)

Reactions: Cirro84

gue5t

Sep 11, 2016
Why unity? because newest version support Net 4.6.
Already on 2 strikes and then we have the use of a heavy 3D non OS engine for the creation of an "Open Source game" ...

P.S. No offense but this sounds to me like let's use what I'm comfortable with and not care what's good for the game or the users and let's not forget to use the "OS" word as much as possible to sucker them users policy ...

Marzepain

May 4, 2019
This seems the only post that mentions NoesisGUI. Does anybody use that tool here? It's example integrations with Unity3d and Unreal engine look amazing. I'm thinking about creating an interpreter for a single page document format that displays choises and jumps to folow up questions and is able to modify the data. Markdown with same page linking or html links referencing id's # and data tags come to mind. So a virtual novel would be readable as a text in a browser as well as played in a game.

OpenSorceresss

Jul 11, 2019
We can do it with Open Source game engines like Godot. We can only use open source software for creating any games. We can use Inkscape and Blender for the design and animation. For the code we can use IDEs like Code Blocks or VSCodium. Everything is under the GPL(GnuPublicLicense) or MIT LIcense. So we have no probs by publishing this game. This game will be open source and it ever will be.