anyone interested in horror game? if so, i will make one.

yolo

Apr 27, 2017
so i noticed that f95 fills with a lot of incest game , i just wondering if anyone interested in horror game. i have this idea about group of friends going on a hike but got trapped in mountains, the main objective to get out of the mountain of course. but something strange happening in mountain, one of them is death, nobody knows whats happening. was it demon?

here is the render i just made , this is their first base camp. it took an hour to render :

let me know your opinion in comment section :)

Camp.0001.png

Hagatagar

Oct 11, 2019
First of all, this looks pretty good so far.

And while I don't particularly care for horror, go ahead and do it. More variety is always a good thing. Might even start a new trend.

so i noticed that f95 fills with a lot of incest game
But don't forget to make the demon/ghost/monster the MC's sister. :devilish: :p

Reactions: yolo

Banality

Jun 16, 2021
Good idea. i would give such a game a try. And it is interesting to see what kind of mutants resulted by the inbreed orgies of all the other games :D Gives a vibe of Texas Chainsaw Massacre.... in the Mountains... haha

Jofur

May 22, 2018
I would defiantly give it a try. I'm not a huge horror person but I do enjoy the novelty of a unique settings.

S3vatari0n

May 9, 2020
That render looks great, and as others have said, the plot concept sounds interesting

As for your question of interest in horror, I love the horror genre, but it really depends on what kind of horror you're aiming for. As a player, if it's just going to be like Slender, or Amnesia, then I'd give it a hard pass, as I'm more of a classic Silent Hill 1 & 2, Fatal Frame type of horror fan. Basically, the game needs to let me do something other than "hide and wait" because for me, that translates to "time to get up and look for a snack/drink"

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
As long as it's not a VN. The lack of agency is not all too conducive to a horror atmosphere. A point and click is also a bit boring. MIST is more of a mystery game than an outright horror game. The developer of that game is, however, masterful at creating atmosphere (among many other things).

I'd love to see something like this:
https://f95zone.to/threads/horny-as-s-ylum-v0-09-horny-as-s-ylum.5252/

Where you get to have sex with monstrous chicks (but no dick girls/futas pls).

One might dislike the graphics, but he does know how to make an interesting story:
https://f95zone.to/threads/agony-of-the-healthy-sleep-day-1-4-dushniygames.78822/

Last edited:

Deleted member 3917737

Jul 12, 2021
Horror is my favorite genre. Your render looks lovely :3 I like the lighting, layout, everything. Demon? so, it's gonna be a creature/monster/supernatural horror game? I was thinking maybe a slasher with an MC who hears voices in his head, one for evil/good, nice/bad, psycho/killer, etc lol. Hmm. maybe an MC who sees an imaginary friend who looks innocent but is really a crazy imaginary friend behind that innocent mask or MC is talking to themselves, thinking they are talking to someone, but no one is really there and doing things without knowing, idk.

Female MC or Male MC? what sort of tags will this game have? anything else about the game you can tell us? I'll be sure to check your game out in the near future.

yolo

Apr 27, 2017
First of all, this looks pretty good so far.

And while I don't particularly care for horror, go ahead and do it. More variety is always a good thing. Might even start a new trend.

But don't forget to make the demon/ghost/monster the MC's sister. :devilish: :p
thanks for the compliment!

i will consider your suggestions :)

yolo

Apr 27, 2017
Good idea. i would give such a game a try. And it is interesting to see what kind of mutants resulted by the inbreed orgies of all the other games :D Gives a vibe of Texas Chainsaw Massacre.... in the Mountains... haha

haha! good idea! love Texas Chainsaw Massacre :)

yolo

Apr 27, 2017
That render looks great, and as others have said, the plot concept sounds interesting

As for your question of interest in horror, I love the horror genre, but it really depends on what kind of horror you're aiming for. As a player, if it's just going to be like Slender, or Amnesia, then I'd give it a hard pass, as I'm more of a classic Silent Hill 1 & 2, Fatal Frame type of horror fan. Basically, the game needs to let me do something other than "hide and wait" because for me, that translates to "time to get up and look for a snack/drink"
it will be VN that for sure, im a solo developer , it will take years to make something like silent hill by myself :)

Reactions: S3vatari0n

yolo

Apr 27, 2017
As long as it's not a VN. The lack of agency is not all too conducive to a horror atmosphere. A point and click is also a bit boring. MIST is more of a mystery game than an outright horror game. The developer of that game is, however, masterful at creating atmosphere (among many other things).

I'd love to see something like this:
https://f95zone.to/threads/horny-as-s-ylum-v0-09-horny-as-s-ylum.5252/

Where you get to have sex with monstrous chicks (but no dick girls/futas pls).

One might dislike the graphics, but he does know how to make an interesting story:
https://f95zone.to/threads/agony-of-the-healthy-sleep-day-1-4-dushniygames.78822/
too bad, it will be VN, im a solo developer, it will take forever to make MIST by mytself :)

yolo

Apr 27, 2017
Horror is my favorite genre. Your render looks lovely :3 I like the lighting, layout, everything. Demon? so, it's gonna be a creature/monster/supernatural horror game? I was thinking maybe a slasher with an MC who hears voices in his head, one for evil/good, nice/bad, psycho/killer, etc lol. Hmm. maybe an MC who sees an imaginary friend who looks innocent but is really a crazy imaginary friend behind that innocent mask or MC is talking to themselves, thinking they are talking to someone, but no one is really there and doing things without knowing, idk.

Female MC or Male MC? what sort of tags will this game have? anything else about the game you can tell us? I'll be sure to check your game out in the near future.
thanks! yeah i have a plan to add creatures in mountain/monsters/devils. it will be fills with mystery as well , the main characters is a smart person and he will solve the mystery behind that mountains! :)

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
As I think about this, I wonder if you wouldn't be better off doing a series of short stories/games rather than one large game. Horror requires tension, and once the action gets going it could be difficult to fit sex scenes without breaking the tension. That's why most horror movies have sex scenes at the beginning before the action gets going. If you were to make a series of short, independent, stories/games you could always have sex without breaking the tension or pacing of the game.

Reactions: Hagatagar and yolo

S3vatari0n

May 9, 2020
it will be VN that for sure, im a solo developer , it will take years to make something like silent hill by myself :)
I feel you on the solo developer bit. I'm working on a RPGM game and I'm trying to get the core systems ironed out (for example, I've just only finished, after 3 months, planning and putting together a fertility/pregnancy system capable of tracking multiple heroines, and now I have to do some bug testing to make sure the parts work) before I start revealing things like plot and characters to the people (I've still got to draw some polished pictures for them).

Is your VN going to be a kinetic novel or an ADV style novel?

yolo

Apr 27, 2017
here is the dialogue will look like

pls ignore the background, i took it from google. i can assure you the background will be render just like my first post.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
here is the dialogue will look like

pls ignore the background, i took it from google. i can assure you the background will be render just like my first post.
Those dialog bubbles seem like they'll get really clunky and block much of the screen. Also, I'd like to see the character's names attached to the bubble.

Dushniy

Game Developer
Apr 5, 2021
Horror games are always welcomed. Quite a niche genre. But death and sex are the only two things humanity truly cares about, so why not combine them.