Anyone interested in updating mods by a modder who has gone silent?

jI11jaCksjAkk

Jun 26, 2023
LaikDink has not posted on the site in 3 weeks and has not updated a bunch of his mods that have recent game updates. :cry:

No idea what modder etiquette is when it comes to how long a mod goes un-updated (after a game update) before it is considered "abandoned," and I certainly don't have any innformation that he has abandoned F95 permanently.

But despite seeing update request after update request on many threads, I also haven't seen anyone posting;"oh, he's just on vacation" or "he's on his honeymoon" or any similar post that would explain his absence either, and 3 weeks seems like a long time to go communication-free if you intend to return....

I won't selfishly list the games I'm interested in, but if any modders out there are interested in updating any of his seemingly-aboandoned mods, I'm sure there are a LOT of players with blue balls out there who would be very appreciative. (y)

Reactions: Mihawk_80

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
I guess the best advice i could offer is, to contact "the usual suspects" (Joker, Sancho, Koga, etc) and ask them directly, if they want to make a mod for the VN's you're asking for.

jI11jaCksjAkk

Jun 26, 2023
I guess the best advice i could offer is, to contact "the usual suspects" (Joker, Sancho, Koga, etc) and ask them directly, if they want to make a mod for the VN's you're asking for.
I'll let others do that - those guys do so much work I don't feel right as a useless leech asking them to take on more games.

By posting here I was just hoping there might be one or two people who are just getting into modding or thinking about it who might be willing to pick up the slack. Since there are already mods for earlier versions of these games and it might be easier/interesting to continue existing work rather than start from scratch :unsure:.