Anyone know exactly what happened to Gmeen?

Feb 14, 2019
He's not dead, just "quitting" being a hentai artist i guess. Kinda sucks, was really looking forward to his newest Amazoness animation, seeing as he said all current projects are not getting finished. Maybe if were lucky he will release what little he has, but idk it seems so sudden just to shut everything down. Also, all his accounts say "THIS PROJECT IS RETIRED" and it really reminds me of when Your Favorite Martian was renamed "THIS PROJECT IS RETIRED" cause Ray William Johnson had a falling out with the people who managed his youtube channel or whatever and they changed his channel name, so maybe its an elaborate prank? I doubt it, but eitherway kind of a shock, shame that amazon video will never drop but hope the dude comes back someday to finish it...

Nerro

Sep 9, 2017
He took supporters money for months while developing the next flash, even when delays arrived he never stopped billing people for their pledge. Then he end up throwing everything in his hands and fucking off with peoples money without explanation.

Prime example why I will never pay subscription for artists again.

Leeduva

Mar 3, 2020
He took supporters money for months while developing the next flash, even when delays arrived he never stopped billing people for their pledge. Then he end up throwing everything in his hands and fucking off with peoples money without explanation.

Can't blame you.

Cuumur

Mar 20, 2022
Does anyone have his collection? Since he deleted his twitter there are a few videos that cannot be downloaded now.

Apr 29, 2022

Most artists can produce something on a monthly basis. I don't see why you're taking it out on them when the reason you got screwed over was because you were paying a monthly subscription for something that takes much longer than a month to make.

Nerro

Sep 9, 2017
Most artists can produce something on a monthly basis. I don't see why you're taking it out on them when the reason you got screwed over was because you were paying a monthly subscription for something that takes much longer than a month to make.
Of course you loose the most when supporting artist that work on larger projects but even with monthly based rewards there are issues.

Artists take hiatuses or ghost their patrons randomly ALL the time while still taking supporters money. VERY few announce it in good time or disable billing while they do so. In other words, you never really know what you get when you support them in this manner.
This is why i am much more a proponent of buying finished products instead, like Gumroad or Pixiv som artists use.

Reactions: rsk2000

Kwhite16

Jul 15, 2021
Im an inspiring animator can someone please the art style/studio in which gmeen used for his projects and illustrations

Reconverged

Dec 2, 2021
Of course you loose the most when supporting artist that work on larger projects but even with monthly based rewards there are issues.

Artists take hiatuses or ghost their patrons randomly ALL the time while still taking supporters money. VERY few announce it in good time or disable billing while they do so. In other words, you never really know what you get when you support them in this manner.
This is why i am much more a proponent of buying finished products instead, like Gumroad or Pixiv som artists use.
oh shut the hell up lmao. You so badly want to cope with a "good reason" to not support artists knowing damn well that you'll try to get disciplined, consistent artists work for free anyways. Just simply stop subbing to the artists WHO DO THIS if they're not consistent or if they don't give you updates. :KEK:

Nerro

Sep 9, 2017
oh shut the hell up lmao. You so badly want to cope with a "good reason" to not support artists knowing damn well that you'll try to get disciplined, consistent artists work for free anyways. Just simply stop subbing to the artists WHO DO THIS if they're not consistent or if they don't give you updates. :KEK:
Of course you can support creators who do weekly/monthly work with low risk. Im just saying you never have any guarantee you will get what you paid for.

We were mainly talking about supporting creators who do big projects, like Gmeen. How would you feel if you paid a creator for months/years only for them to throw the project in the sink and fucking off with you money and never get what you were promised and paid for?

Try searching for the “abandoned” tag on here and see how many creators just took supporters money and ran from their promises. Gmeen is proof that this shit can happen out of the blue. Nobody saw his retirement coming and he kept us updated only to suddenly give us the finger and disappearing. If you cant see why that is an issue with subscription payment model, idk what to tell you.

Reconverged

Dec 2, 2021
Of course you can support creators who do weekly/monthly work with low risk. Im just saying you never have any guarantee you will get what you paid for.

We were mainly talking about supporting creators who do big projects, like Gmeen. How would you feel if you paid a creator for months/years only for them to throw the project in the sink and fucking off with you money and never get what you were promised and paid for?

Try searching for the “abandoned” tag on here and see how many creators just took supporters money and ran from their promises. Gmeen is proof that this shit can happen out of the blue. Nobody saw his retirement coming and he kept us updated only to suddenly give us the finger and disappearing. If you cant see why that is an issue with subscription payment model, idk what to tell you.
Ok you're right. I'm sorry for being so rude.

Reactions: Nerro
Jul 21, 2018
He also had multiple private, multiple hundreds of dollars commissions out that he'd been delaying. Someone just recently came out on Twitter about how he basically took their money and then disabled all his accounts and disappeared. They had to argue with PayPal to get it back and it took months. He supposedly did this to multiple people.

My guess is that he had a bunch of work privately piled up that he didn't want to do, wanted to keep the money, and decided he also wanted to quit. Because yes, like it or not, he spent months taking subscription money and promising shit he didn't deliver.