Anyone know how much hardware affects Honey Select 2?

LionelGold

Nov 14, 2020
Anyone know how well optimised Honey Select 2 is?

I'm making a VN with it, and making good progress, but I'm finding that when trying to record animated scenes I'm sometimes getting fps lag on the recording, and my GPU is grinding at near 100% while the studio is running. (This is usually only when I have multiple characters, graphics mod with all kinds of shit activated, and non-idle animations running,)

32gb DDR4 but other than that, kinda old hardware. GTX 980TI with an I7-6700k running at 1080p in the studio, recording native with obs (With optimised recording settings as far as I know).

Luckily it's not so bad that I can't make do, but I wanna know if it's a hardware thing because if it is, then I can upgrade in future then go back and re-record some of the animations to get the smooth 60fps.

Can anyone with better hardware than me confirm if this is down to hardware, or does it turn out it's just one of those laggy kinda games when you have more than a few particles floating about?

Veileos

Feb 7, 2022
Are you using the base game or a repack? Are you using the standard animations, timeline or using node constraints+gimmicks? HS2 shouldnt be hard to run with your setup.

I know the base game can be buggy and stutter but a patch or repack can help with that.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Illusion games are huge memory sinks.
If you want to create scenes with multiple objects and characters especially if you are using using modded content you can easily reach 32gb memory cap. Check your system memory when you open the scene, if it is reaching 32 then you could get away with adding more memory.

But other than that the game is unoptimized in general, so the best thing is to avoid creating huge scenes with content you can't see in the camera or don't really need, those objects are still loaded in memory and will consume resources.
Make scenes smart, remove hidden/unused characters/objects and so on. In general try and avoid cluttering scenes, just add enough to create the animation you need.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr. Mayhem