Daz Anyone know how to get Daz Nvidia Iray to use CUDA on PopOS! (Linux)

WildKayoti045

Jun 17, 2021
Hi
I've successfully switched my workflow to Linux (PopOS 20 LTS), only thing thats not working is Nvidia Iray rendering inside Daz3D. (Its using CPU instead of GPU CUDA)

Technical Info-
- Daz studio is running on linux using latest WINE.
- PopOS detects and use my GTX1660 for DXVK gaming but Nvidia Iray inside Daz doesn't detect the GPU

System Specs-
AMD 3rd gen 6 core
16GB DDR4 @3200Mhz
GTX 1660 6GB
B450 Motherboard

Anyone know how to fix this issue? I'm fed-up of bug called windows, please help.

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

❤️ Keep comfy. ❤️
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
WildKayoti045 , until a few days ago, it was not possible, or if it was, not without extreme hassle, to get your gpu to render under Wine.

However, this has been fixed with recent wine versions and with a few manual changes needed.

Firstly, I am going to assume you have a basic understanding of wine and how to use it. You need to know the location of your wine prefix, how to use winecfg to add dll overrides, and how to set environment variables.

I also suggest you have or create a Github account. If you do not have one and do not want to make one, you may manually compile everything you need. I can not help you with that. However, as long as you get the compiled versions of what you need, there shouldn't be problems.

1. Ensure you're running the Wine Staging 7.0rc6 or later. Earlier versions will not work. If the latest version of wine-staging on PopOS is out of date, just wait until it is updated.
  2. Download the latest version of dxvk-nvapi or compile it yourself. (You must be logged in to download the artifact).
  3. From dxvk-nvapi, open the x64 folder and copy nvapi64.dll to [prefix]/drive_c/windows/syswow64
  4. From dxvk-nvapi, open the x32 folder and copy nvapi.dll to [prefix]/drive_c/windows/system32
  5. In winecfg, add overrides for dxgi, nvapi, and nvapi64. Set all to native.
  6. Create a copy of somewhere.
  7. Open your dxvk.conf and replace the line containing # dxgi.nvapiHack = True with dxgi.nvapiHack = False (note the removal of the # symbol)
  8. Whenever you run DAZ, ensure the environment variable DXVK_CONFIG_FILE is set to the path of your dxvk.conf file.

ChummyChonka

Aug 17, 2017
Just in case anyone else stumbles on this in the future as well. The easiest solution is to use
You set that up in addition to the regular wine shenanigans and both dforce and iray will work on your GPU.

• Love
Reactions: osanaiko