anyone know of a cute panty assets for daz?

Oct 8, 2020
I need something like the first one "Lady Briefs". Only I need it for gen 8. the other ones are not really appropriate for teens. I guess what I really meant was panties for teens.

watdapakisdis

Aug 24, 2016
If you want basic panties, the one included with the Genesis 3/8 Starter Essential should be fine. Other recommendations are:

Alphakini for G3F (works with G8F)
Genesis 8 Female MEGA wardrobe (has a modest underwear)
dForce Yoshino Outfit for G8F (has a modest underwear)

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
I need something like the first one "Lady Briefs". Only I need it for gen 8. the other ones are not really appropriate for teens. I guess what I really meant was panties for teens.
There is no problem using a v4 item on genesis 8. Daz autofit allows you to use items independently of the generation.
You just have to do as you would on a g8 item.
Daz studio may take some time to do the required adaptation but once it is done, you can select the panty, and use the menu entry
File > Save As > Support Asset > Figure/Prop Asset
to save the converted version somewhere. Then you will not have to wait for autofit and you can use it as a g8 item.

Oct 8, 2020
There is no problem using a v4 item on genesis 8. Daz autofit allows you to use items independently of the generation.
You just have to do as you would on a g8 item.
Daz studio may take some time to do the required adaptation but once it is done, you can select the panty, and use the menu entry
File > Save As > Support Asset > Figure/Prop Asset
to save the converted version somewhere. Then you will not have to wait for autofit and you can use it as a g8 item.
I really have no clue how to fit it to gen8. I double clicked i, it asks something about auto-fit, i click accept. and it just hovers around my gen8 character's body. i cant change its parameters whatsoever.

Last edited:

79flavors

Respected User
Jun 14, 2018
The Mega wardrobes do seem to be a great resource. I was working purely from the thumbnails, so I undoubtedly missed things in the larger packs.

As for auto-fit, part of me wants it to be as easy as it is shown here:

Another method can be seen here:

Alternatively:

I cower in a corner when someone suggests I should try DAZ, so take my advice with a pinch of salt.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
I really have no clue how to fit it to gen8. I double clicked i, it asks something about auto-fit, i click accept. and it just hovers around my gen8 character's body. i cant change its parameters whatsoever.

I tried and it worked perfectly
1/ install lady briefs in your preferred poser directory and with the content library go to this directory > figures > LF Lady Briefs
2/ load g8F
3/ select G8F
4/ double click on the panty
5/ Do you want to autofit? YES
6/ What kind of char was it designed for? Victoria4
7/ What kind of item is it? Full body
(go to prepare a coffee, a tea or a tomato soup depending on your taste and on the time and come back 10mn later)
8/ done! you panty is g8 now. You can select it and save it as a support asset.

Notes:
1/ autofit works best if used on the base g8F (and not a custom char) and if the char is in zero pose
2/ for these poser v4 items, the material is always in another directory. For this item it is located in material>LF Lady Brief MAT

To my experience, autofit works 95% of the time, except for shoes, where re the probability of success below g2 is rather 5%...
At least 50% of my clothing is v4. They generally have more morphs, are more crazy and much cheaper.

Oct 8, 2020
I tried and it worked perfectly
1/ install lady briefs in your preferred poser directory and with the content library go to this directory > figures > LF Lady Briefs
2/ load g8F
3/ select G8F
4/ double click on the panty
5/ Do you want to autofit? YES
7/ What kind of item is it? Full body
(go to prepare a coffee, a tea or a tomato soup depending on your taste and on the time and come back 10mn later)
8/ done! you panty is g8 now. You can select it and save it as a support asset.

Notes:
1/ autofit works best if used on the base g8F (and not a custom char) and if the char is in zero pose
2/ for these poser v4 items, the material is always in another directory. For this item it is located in material>LF Lady Brief MAT

To my experience, autofit works 95% of the time, except for shoes, where re the probability of success below g2 is rather 5%...
At least 50% of my clothing is v4. They generally have more morphs, are more crazy and much cheaper.

I don't have Victoria4 in the dropdown choices? I only have Genesis. Do I have to install Victoria?

ShaylieX

Jan 20, 2020
Victoria 4 is not a standard free Daz character, but Victoria 4 is a derivate of Genesis 3, so if you take a set of V4 clothing and autofit it to a Genesis 8 character, and then select Genesis 3 female, when it asks you what type of model it was designed for, it should work! :)

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Victoria 4 is not a standard free Daz character, but Victoria 4 is a derivate of Genesis 3, so if you take a set of V4 clothing and autofit it to a Genesis 8 character, and then select Genesis 3 female, when it asks you what type of model it was designed for, it should work! :)
No Victoria 7 is genesis 3. Victoria 4 is pre-genesis.
And victoria 4.2 is in the base daz studio bundle.

Dilly_

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
I think the key to getting nice panties for your characters is to first find an underwear model that's just the basic shape of what you want them to be. Then use shaders to get the color/texture. This works better with panties that don't have a lot of "extra" stuff, like finely detailed lace trim. But for instance, I personally find the shape to be pretty nice, but the included textures can look a bit too dark sometimes. So I use something like which has brighter colors and more variety.

Feb 3, 2020
I have yet found a panty product that does not deform weirdly in most poses relavent to this site using undress morphs. Maybe just me doing it wrong.