Anyone know which program Psychodelusional use for rendering

Mar 4, 2022
Yes, probably he use Daz 3D for creating characters but anyone know which program psychodelusional use for rendering?
Cinema 4D, Maya or...
Seems like render engine is Octane but I don't know which Octane plugin Psychodelusional use.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
You sure cause seems like he is doing it entire in daz, octane plugin often reduce the quality a lot!
It does if you struggle with it, but otherwise no.
Tricky part is to reproduce how SSS is done with Iray.
But main problem imho is how wonky it is, after losing not once but twice major part of my materials... Yeah thanks but no thanks. Not sure if the plugin got any solid update since.

Domiek

In a Scent
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2018
You sure cause seems like he is doing it entire in daz, octane plugin often reduce the quality a lot!
Absolutely 100% he uses Octane. Not sure why you think it reduces quality. City of Broken dreamers for example is also rendered in Octane.

Reactions: LoveMonkey

xer.0

Feb 7, 2018
Bringing this topic back up. Has anyone seen Philly or Psychodelusional do any sort of posts or anything on the switch to Octane?

Or anyone for that matter. Trying to see about switching since I'm a Mac user. M2 performance is great, but CPU rendering in Iray is killing me.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Sorry.
It's not about Iray, Octane, Cycles or whatever.
You need to understand what your are rendering. Start with that o/
And yes you need a machine. And no your crappy laptop won't make it.

Last edited:

xer.0

Feb 7, 2018
Sorry.
It's not about Iray, Octane, Cycles or whatever.
You need to understand what your are rendering. Start with that o/
And yes you need a machine. And no your crappy laptop won't make it.
I get that, I've been using this "crappy laptop" for years with an upgrade to M2 this year. This is a hobby of mine, but if there's a way to render faster and actually use Apple's new GPU inside of Daz instead of having to render for 1-3+ hours for a single character pinup to only realize that something was slightly off... Seems like a good reason to look into it while I have the free time.