Daz Anyway to convert poses from Genesis 8.1 to Genesis 8?

Sakrilas

Just Another Member
Game Developer
Oct 26, 2017
I was under the impression that Genesis 8.1 was just Genesis 8 with more bones on the face and better UV.

I have found some pose/prop packs a couple of times that were sadly made just for Genesis 8.1. Since most of my assets (in this case, mainly expressions) are for Genesis 8, I don't have interest in converting my characters to Genesis 8.1 just yet.

The error that I get, if I try to brute force a Genesis 8.1 pose into a Genesis 8 character is this:
"Invalid hierarchy for selected node(s) and "preset_hierarchical_pose" type; no root(s) found."

Does anyone know if there's a way for me to downgrade poses from Genesis 8.1 to Genesis 8?

Sincere best regards!

Edit: -----------------------------

I've noticed that if I load said pose in a Genesis 8.1 character, then save this pose preset without including the Head poses. I can load the pose preset I just saved into a Genesis 8 character without any problems.

I wonder if someone has written a script to do this in a batch.

Last edited:

Zargon_games

Creating Games
Game Developer
Jan 22, 2020
I think it's simpler if you directly load the pose in your figure 8.0 deselecting the head , ctrl + click on the pose icon and select the option "selected nodes" , that would load the body pose leaving aside the head.

Reactions: Sakrilas

Sakrilas

Just Another Member
Game Developer
Oct 26, 2017
I think it's simpler if you directly load the pose in your figure 8.0 deselecting the head , ctrl + click on the pose icon and select the option "selected nodes" , that would load the body pose leaving aside the head.
Thanks for sharing this `Ctrl + click` trick! I didn't know about that.

Sadly, it seems like Ctrl + click only works for regular poses. The pose I'm having issues with is a Hierarchical Pose (Ctrl + Click doesn't show the options modal for it).

Or am I missing something here?

Thanks again, that was a very helpful tip!