Daz Anyway to disable interpolation of keyframes?

Sakrilas

Just Another Member
Game Developer
Oct 26, 2017
One thing I like doing is using 1 scene file for multiple renders.

If the scene stays in the same place with the same characters, I usually put them all in the same file.

For example, these 3 renders here are all part of 1 scene saved as 5x138.duf
5x138a.png 5x138b.png 5x138c.png

For the most part, things work great. The problem is just when I forget to generate keys for steps where I didn't modify the pose, DAZ creates a "transitory pose" between the previews key frame I made and the next one.

I understand this is the expected behaviour, since interpolation of poses is crucial for animations. But I just want to put a series of static shots not directly connected to each other.

Does anyone know if there's a way to completely shutoff this pose interpolation in a scene file?

Any kind of assistance would be appreciated.

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
Are you trying to use the timeline as a way to make multiple static renders?

Reactions: Sakrilas

Sakrilas

Just Another Member
Game Developer
Oct 26, 2017
Hi there, mickydoo
I already use a render use a render queue to queue up renders. Sorry, I misunderstood your last comment.

My question isn't about doing batch renders though. It's about removing the interpolation of keyframes in the timeline for the sake of setting up multiple static scenes to be rendered without needing to make multiple files.

The reason why I want to use the timeline for static renders is because I think it makes my files more organized, and also because it saves a lot of space down the line.

Considering that some scenes can be 30+ mb.

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
Hi there, mickydoo
I already use a render use a render queue to queue up renders.
My question isn't about doing batch renders though. It's about removing the interpolation of keyframes in the timeline.

The reason why I want to use the timeline for static renders is because I think it makes my files more organised, and also because it saves a lot of space down the line.

Considering that some scenes can be 30+ mb.
You are asking the wrong person here if you want to talk about organisation lmao

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
You could set the interpolation to constant, problem is that you'd have to do that for every new keyframe, so it's easy to forget about it. There might be a script solution to set interpolation to constant by default, but I don't know if one exists, and 'Im not good enough in scripting myself to create one :/

function2020

May 20, 2020
Exactly, Constant at right bottom of the Timeline is the answer I thought, and I remember once you setup to constant, it will continue constant for future keyframes until you change it?

Another way is, since you only need static shots, forget timeline, in your pictures, only 2 figures 3 poses, you can try Puppeteer for each figure. The benefit to use puppeteer is, except memory the position and shape, you can also tiny adjust the object in it.
---
Ok, after wrote above comments, it generates a question: would you render the whole series of timeline? If so, how much frames between your 2 key frames? DAZ won't render those in between frames? How about you set up key frames one by one, no frame in between, let's see how DAZ can auto generate key frames! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reactions: Sakrilas

Sakrilas

Just Another Member
Game Developer
Oct 26, 2017
Ah! Right!

Yeah! Thanks!

We can set up interpolation to Constant by selecting all keys and going here:
1644424048429.png

Thank you for helping me with this, it's everything I was looking for!

Ok, after wrote above comments, it generates a question: would you render the whole series of timeline? If so, how much frames between your 2 key frames? DAZ won't render those in between frames? How about you set up key frames one by one, no frame in between, let's see how DAZ can auto generate key frames! :ROFLMAO:
Hi there function2020 ,

I usually make each "static render" right on the following frame. For example, in my example at the header post of this thread, the "scene file" had 3 frames (0, 1, 2).

To explain the problem I was having, here's an example.

Frame 0) We have a G8 figure in the initial A pose.
Frame 1) I move their left arm all the way up
Frame 2) I move their right arm all the way up too

Because of the default behavior of interpolation, DAZ would automatically put the right arm halfway through the up direction in frame 1, even though I wanted it to stay in the initial pose, like it was in Frame 0.

Using "Constant" for the interpolation solves that problem.

Reactions: recreation