K.T.L.

Keeping Families Together
Donor
Mar 5, 2019
Just played through Nea's story. Great writing and solid renders. Very heartwarming and cute story, its a shame its abandoned but at least it ended on a positive note.
Bought a bit of a tear to my eye as well. Nea's too cute for her(?) own good. I had to give that one a chance in the story. Glad I did. It's sort of heartwarming how a picked on sad individual suddenly blossoms when a bit of love is thrown their way. Bit like real life, I guess.

As for future updates, we can but hope...

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
Wow, It's been so long since the last update, I wonder how dev's doing. Let's check the tracker!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Well, it used to be around 9 months between updates for this, but the last one was 12 and was very short, probably due to all the BS harassment/hate the dev was getting over a game character :FacePalm:.
The development cycle for this is kinda meh anyway, so these days I don't even keep an eye on the progress tracker or anything since it's unreliable, so I just wait and when an update comes out it comes out, and if one doesn't come, well... then it doesn't come.
When game updates are too far apart it's kinda hard to be excited waiting for one to come, of course I wish the update cycle was faster to keep me excited/anxiously waiting for an update, but it isn't, so it is what it is.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Man I was really hoping for a new year's surprise update... It seems like luxee lost all the motivation to work on this game. The progress tracker hasn't been updated since july and the updates for this game tend to be very small. It is starting to feel like the game will eventually get abandoned for real.

Motoko Kusanagi

Major
Donor
Aug 19, 2018
Man I was really hoping for a new year's surprise update... It seems like luxee lost all the motivation to work on this game. The progress tracker hasn't been updated since july and the updates for this game tend to be very small. It is starting to feel like the game will eventually get abandoned for real.
I too expected some sort of end of year progress report of some kind. In the past it was common to hear nothing from Luxee but at least around those times they kept the tracker updated. Now as you said it seems they truly don't have the motivation or interest anymore. The lack of motivation isn't even a new thing it was self evident but the short sentences they'd leave on the tracker every couple of months. We would at least have some idea of what was going on but now we have nothing to go on.

Reactions: pgm_01

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
It's such a shame. I really enjoyed parental love and I really like the characters in this game. Don't know if this is the reason for the apparent lack of motivation, but it seems like it was the constant bitching about Nea that really affected luxee. Even the way luxee decided to just kill her off if you don't want to pursue a romantic relationship with her seems to be because of all the complaints, since luxee at first said that you would have the choice to be just friends with her.

Abbys_Cat

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2019
It's such a shame. I really enjoyed parental love and I really like the characters in this game. Don't know if this is the reason for the apparent lack of motivation, but it seems like it was the constant bitching about Nea that really affected luxee. Even the way luxee decided to just kill her off if you don't want to pursue a romantic relationship with her seems to be because of all the complaints, since luxee at first said that you would have the choice to be just friends with her.
Man, Nea is my favorite character in this game. Most of the reason I play is because of her. But it seemed like there were people who didn't like the character and constantly bashed the author, forcing him into things he didn't want. It feels like he couldn't handle that small but very annoying group and just gave up on the game... I hope he comes back in the future. :(

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Man, Nea is my favorite character in this game. Most of the reason I play is because of her. But it seemed like there were people who didn't like the character and constantly bashed the author, forcing him into things he didn't want. It feels like he couldn't handle that small but very annoying group and just gave up on the game... I hope he comes back in the future. :(
Yeah as you can see by my signature she is my favorite character in the game as well. Not trying to defend the people that went overboard with the toxicity towards the dev because of Nea, but I can see how it can be a little frustrating to play the game if you're not into trans characters, since a lot of the early content focuses very heavily on her. But at the end of the day you always have the option of not playing the game and trying to find something that suits your tastes better. Now the game is in this limbo where no one wins because there are no updates.

Abbys_Cat

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2019
Yeah as you can see by my signature she is my favorite character in the game as well. Not trying to defend the people that went overboard with the toxicity towards the dev because of Nea, but I can see how it can be a little frustrating to play the game if you're not into trans characters, since a lot of the early content focuses very heavily on her. But at the end of the day you always have the option of not playing the game and trying to find something that suits your tastes better. Now the game is in this limbo where no one wins because there are no updates.
Exactly, the game gave you the option to get involved with her or not; it was as simple as choosing not to. But people weren't satisfied with that. They went and criticized the author, demanding that she be removed and a bunch of other modifications. In the end, the author just gave up. I genuinely hope he comes back with this game; it's still one of my favorite adult games to this day.

Spider-Venom

Mar 26, 2023
then, don't.

Spider-Venom

Mar 26, 2023
I'll elaborate. if you don't like a game that has an obvious trans girl as the main star -- then, don't. say your piece and move on.

Last edited:

Dogorti

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2021
Most devs simply burn out even when they are praised. maybe luxee just got tired of doing the game and that's it's.

tyrannicpuppy

Nov 9, 2021
I wouldn't say Nea is my favourite, but she's definitely great. I love most of the main cast and LIs in this.

Shame Luxee had to deal with dickheads. I'm weirdly wired so if a bunch of fuckwits harangued me to remove a character from my work, I'd either ignore them entirely or focus more specifically on that character just to spite them. Negative comments actually fuel my creative process more than positive ones. Lol.

For a group of supposed adults, this lot do love to behave like children a lot of the time. In the fanfic space, the most commonly repeated mantra is Don't Like, Don't Read. This game is tagged as containing trans content, I have heard that Luxee always said their next game was going to be about trans content, and yet people who hate trans content keep playing it and complaining.

Grow up ffs. Learn to read and accept the consequences of your decisions. If I seek out content I dislike and then find that I don't like it, I don't rag on the author for making it. I just go 'yep, that's why I don't like that' in my head and move on with my life. Unless a thing is improperly tagged to bait folks into playing it for the sake of shocking them with stuff they hate, the decision to play a thing is entirely on the player. Not the creator.

People should try taking responsibility for their own actions for a change. Even if Luxee was just milking folks like some occasionally claim, the answer to that is simple too. Just don't give them your money if you don't think it's worth it. You're supposed to be grown adults. If you can't be trusted to make sensible decisions with your money, that's your problem. The amount of fucking stupid in some of these game threads is just off the charts.

Read the tags, be a grown up and walk away from things you don't like. Don't 'slog' through coz they made something you liked before. Or because it contains something you do like and then bitch coz there wasn't enough of the good thing and too much of the bad. If it's tagged, it's your own fault. End of story.

4.00 star(s) 70 Votes