Unity - Completed - Archmage Ricka [Final] [AleCubicSoft]

1. 2.00 star(s)

KodokuAi

Reviewing info: In a nutshell personal feelings/opinion >> “objective/critical” value. How I rate/review and other info is HERE
    Review layout: Lazy/minimal format (others)
    Review type: Game
    Review format: Lewds
    PROs
    ✅ Okay art
    ✅ Okay kinks
    ✅ Pretty hot slutty voice acted character in scenes
    CONs
    ❌ Garbage gameplay
    ❌ Very little amount of scenes
    ❌ Garbage story
    ❌ Dumb character
    Comments
    Episode 1 is oldschool dungeon crawler. Room based WASD movement with random encounters creature battler…. Which wouldn’t be issue, but it has random periodic encounters, there is no actual sense of adventure aside few key items. Events trigger over time in random (maybe related to general area you are in). And final battle sucks balls if you aren’t stocked with pots or levelled enough. I got enough all key items but due spending pots on random encounters (as some fights are tougher) I couldn’t get good RNG to reach boss fight on full HP…. And I seriously had no patience to grind level on this dumb game.

Also, whilst the scenes themselves were okay in quality and art, with really slutty dialogues that character presented in scenes with voice acting it was fairly nice touch. But otherwise character herself is absolute dumb shit… the premise & story is pretty much also nonexistent. It’s a short “fap” game that honestly…. Isn’t simply worth the time.

Episode 2 takes some weird RPGm approach… gameplay changes from dungeon crawler into RPGmaker looking gameplay…. Where you derp around with mouse controls, running against npcs to interact with them. Offering some pseudo sense of adventure, with scenes to unlock in bot town and dungeon… scenes themselves were somewhat worse than in episode 1 but character voice dialogues and personality had still nice slutty to them. But she remained dumb AF..

I don’t know… took like 1.5 hours to finish both episodes… but honestly…. As whole it was damn bad. They might as well should have released this as ultra mini visual novel instead…
    Total Score: 4/10
    Game status:
    ✅ Finished
  2. 5.00 star(s)

LordCorwin

Writing: 7/10
    Imagery: 9/10
    Gameplay: 8/10
    Kinks: 9/10
    Overall: 9/10

Pride cometh before the easily corruptible sexy archmage.

A double feature game, each one with oh so many of my kinks! Sleep sex, stuck in wall, hypnosis, corruption, drunk, and all of them done tastefully and with brilliant artwork. And with that open ending to episode 2, why it certainly feels like another episode could easily find a place on my PC.

Ricka herself is plenty sexy, the idea template for having her outfits torn open, womb tattoos being imprinted upon her, and cum splattered all across her face. She thinks herself invincible and because of her "I'm better than you" attitude she's taken advantage of every other step she takes.

As for the gameplay itself, I'm reminded of those screensavers from Windows 95' that would explore a 3D maze. Very similar here. Explore these 3D dungeons, battle monsters in turn based combat, and find the glowing spots where you can activate an event or flip a switch for a door. It's very simple stuff.

I will say I liked the ending to the first episode more, with Ricka falling prey to a pervy and dirty corrupt lord, but then the lord being like "Oh crap, this girl is gonna fuck me to death, uh oh." Gotta be more careful about who you slap lewd seals on.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

fyreant

A very well-illustrated hentai game with a sexy heroine. The actual RPG part is very basic and the story is workmanlike. It's a short experience... but it doesn't waste your time, all the "dungeon crawling" elements are extremely streamlined.

The positives? Ricka is extremely sexy, of course! If you like scenes where the heroine stays partly clothed during sex, you're in luck! Also there is minimal monster sex, aside from a token tentacle scene all of the other scenes are with human males.

If you enjoy impregnation/pregnancy risk content this is a decent title, as that theme is a big part of the dialogue in pretty much all of Ricka's scenes. Although she only canonically gets pregnant in the depressing bad ending, she probably is in the good ending too and just doesn't know it yet.

Personality wise Ricka is a very typical hentai heroine. She's basically a silly, careless, overconfident air-headed bimbo who loves sex. Although she resists being taken advantage of by men, her resistance is always very half-hearted even when she isn't hypnotized (which she is half the time).

Aside from the dark implications in the bad ending this one is light on violence and abuse. Ricka does get raped but nothing rougher than a few swats on the butt while she's getting railed doggy style happens to her. Unlike most hentai games, the guys preying on her actually realize she's a powerful magician who could easily kill them, and so they avoid pissing her off and only take advantage when she's stuck in a wall, asleep, or exhausted from masturbating.

4 stars.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

russianbot

First game funnels you down a predetermined path in a dungeons with stations at which very by-the-numbers h-scenes will play. The combat sucks and serves no real purpose except to be tedious.

Second verse, same as the first except all the h-scenes are skippable and the combat is automatic. Technically an improvement in the sense that -1 is better than -2, but I'd still recommend going for 0.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

Zorkman

There isn't much to say, becuase there isn't much here. The gameplay is barebones, and isn't sexy. You just kind of play until the next scene triggers. The scenes are pretty good - voice-acted, if vanilla. This doesn't waste your time, but it doesn't do anything interesting either.

Those who are curious will miss nothing by unlocking the gallery and watching the scenes.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Star_glider

Neither game (it's called "chapters" but it's 2 games rolled into 1 package) was very long, but it was still a nice diversion. It had decent audio and video quality, the mechanics were simple enough, and it was actually fun. 5 stars.