Others Arcweave (.json or .csv) to another game engine?

Raul777

Jun 6, 2017
Greetings.

I want to ask around if someone has an idea to which game engine I could import a .json or .csv project from arcweave? If so, can you show me a tutorial?
If no one doesn't know, I guess I have to pay for one month to have a GODOT-ready export ...

That's it.
Cheers.

Side Question: I guess, Arcweave is completely online and shouldn't therefore be posted as a game here. Any alternatives? Or any idea to make it offline?

Last edited:

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
I want to ask around if someone has an idea to which game engine I could import a .json or .csv project from arcweave?
What you want to do ? Both JSON and CSV formats are pure textual, so any software that can open a text file can open them and show you their content in a human reading form. Of course, it doesn't mean that you'll understand what you read if you don't know what the fields mean, but you can perfectly read them.

Raul777

Jun 6, 2017
Hm. Purely textual, that is not my intention. My intention is ... hm, how to express: playability(?). I click on a button, it compiles and players can play.
I want to publish a game, but that is completely online ( ). I read, I should also make it available offline.
Also, I reached the limit of a free use in arcweave. I cannot expand my game. Before I pay, I wanted to ask around if any of you have an idea how to import my game (only in .json or .csv format) into another game engine - Twine?, Articy?, Godot?, Renpy?, other engines unknown to me? If so, can you show me - or link me to a tutorial - how to?
The screenshot are to show the files, how it is structured. If it helps ...

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Hm. Purely textual, that is not my intention. My intention is ... hm, how to express: playability(?). I click on a button, it compiles and players can play.
Hmm... You know those toys for young kids, where you've to put forms in the corresponding hole ? Well, what you're asking is if you can put the star in any other hole that the one that is also a star. And in both case the answer is: no.

Even between engines that would rely on the same language, it wouldn't be possible without a conversion/portage phase, because each one of those engines will have their own way to interface with the code and their own specificity. And here it's not even an engine that rely on a coding language, but on description files, what make the portage even more complex.
Perhaps that one of the other engine have an arcweave emulator, what would partly solve the issue, but I really doubt.

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
You have game configuration and save files,
you want to use said game and configuration files in another game engine.
Basically, you are asking if another engine can run the files.
Simple answer no, Long answer yes.
How? you basically have to rebuild the entire game engine based on the save files, possible but not very practical, and would be a feat of engineering.