Are there any 3D games with AI-generated assets?

fyrean

Jul 1, 2024
Ai-generated 3D models are getting pretty good

I tried and was able to make some cool monster models (no dicks tho probably will have to add that in yourself).
d41a9db25e7f_video_360_rgb1-ezgif.com-optimize.gif

papel

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2018
I don't think any is currently using AI generated models yet, at least not for characters/monsters or anything that actually needs to move organically, as that would require manually creating a skeleton and all the animations

One thing to keep in mind is that although the end result looks decent, if you remove the texture and look only at the 3D mesh, the vertices and faces, it looks like a very rough blob. I tried creating a "space soldier miniature" for 3D printing, and let me tell you, the mesh was useless.

fyrean

Jul 1, 2024
Well players dont remove the texture and only look at the 3D mesh, so I hope it doesn't end as disastrously if we put the model in a 3D game instead xD

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
I don't think any models are trained on vertex and polygonal data, so as long as that is not the case the topology is going to be shit.

You need access to high quality model data and the likely players who have that is probably Google, Microsoft or Unreal. I am betting they are already trying but no news so far, especially if they are negotiating deals behind the scenes with other game publishers. Don't want those uppity 3D artists to get any ideas.