Are there any NSFW AI Story Generators that remembers everything you've written?

HHFan17

Jun 22, 2023
Hey everyone. So I've been enjoying NovelAI immensely, but the one thing I don't like about it is how it only remembers what you've written up to a certain point, and having to constantly update the memory boxes and Lore Book gets kind of exhausting. Also, the longer a story goes on for, the AI seems to break down and put out less and less coherent suggestions. So I'm on the search for a story generator that remembers everything you've written, if one even exists. Or at least has a less painful way of inputting info?

So far I've tried pirr.me, DreamPress and AI Dungeon. pirr.me is free so I can't really complain, but it definitely has a worse memory than NovelAI, and the suggested inputs aren't that great either. DreamPress, I don't actually know how much it remembers, but it's a bit of a pain to use IMO with how it suggests text for you to choose from, rather than generating it automatically. And when I've selected an option, more than 85% of the time I don't like the rest of what it generates anyway. There's just something more comforting about the way NovelAI generates the text automatically. AI Dungeon definitely has the comfort factor in the way it generates text, but also like NovelAI it has a limited memory, although I can't tell if it's better or worse. But when it comes to generating stories... it's decent, but nowhere near as good as NovelAI. Out of all these alternatives, NovelAI just seems to know what I'm getting at a lot more, and it's great at giving characters their own personalities. Which just makes it all the more depressing when they inevitably forget who they are and act completely differently. I guess what I'm trying to say is, despite it's shortcomings, NovelAI is still probably the best story generator I've tried.

With that all being said, does a story generator with infinite memory actually exist? Having a choose-your-own adventure mode like NovelAI and AI Dungeon will be a bonus.

Thanks for indulging me!

Last edited:

tuvrelm11

Jan 11, 2019
NovelAI is honestly the best on the market right now. Others pale in comparison, in terms of performance and privacy. So sadly, no. There are no other options currently. Kayra is top dog.

Dedicating a sum total of like ~1k-2k tokens in lore books, memory and author's notes to make certain things persist and keep the story rolling is your best option. There are models with bigger context sizes than Kayra. I've seen up to 32k. But they're censored to all hell, making them useless. Or can only be run locally on a personal server rack, making them impractical. It's "Wait™" as per usual.

Reactions: HHFan17

hakarlman

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2017
Having tested tons of AI NSFW Chatbots, what you want doesn't exist yet. The technology still needs at least another year or two of development to get the long term memory you want.

I will never waste my time with a AI NSFW chatbot for at least a few years, because for now they're all shit.

1. Kindroid = SHIT
2. Aisekai = SHIT
3. Yodayo = SHIT
4. Sakura = SHIT
5. SillyTavern + KoboldHorde = SHIT
6. JanitorAI = SHIT
7. Crushon = SHIT
8. NovelAI = SHIT

The AI never does what you want, and will always try to move or push events forward too fast, no matter how you try to program it.

If you tell the AI Chatbot to never speak to NPC, guess what? It will ALWAYS speak to NPC.
If you tell the AI Chatbot to always narrate in third person, guess what? It will always narrate in first person, hahah. Yea I get it, you're supposed to program their persona right, then reinforce that behavior in other fields, but it doesn't work reliably.

These AI nsfw chatbots have potential, but for now they're SHIT.

Every AI nsfw chatbot website has their own unique set of problems, there's not one AI nsfw chatbot where the devs actually know what they're doing, having all the needed features in place and working 100%.

The technology is just not there yet for nsfw AI chatbots. I don't think ChatGPT or other LLM's were ever designed to be used in such a way.

Reactions: kytee

HHFan17

Jun 22, 2023
NovelAI is honestly the best on the market right now. Others pale in comparison, in terms of performance and privacy. So sadly, no. There are no other options currently. Kayra is top dog.

Dedicating a sum total of like ~1k-2k tokens in lore books, memory and author's notes to make certain things persist and keep the story rolling is your best option. There are models with bigger context sizes than Kayra. I've seen up to 32k. But they're censored to all hell, making them useless. Or can only be run locally on a personal server rack, making them impractical. It's "Wait™" as per usual.
Ah that sucks. Thanks for the advice and info, though. I guess it's time to go crawling back to NovelAI.

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
if you mean "is there an AI with 'episodic memory' that can remember the context of your choices?" then no, large language models are fundamentally not capable of that.

the way they generate text is that they essentially hallucinate based on your prompts, and the format they hallucinate things in is whatever material they've been trained with. this is why they'll happily make up facts on the fly, because they generate their response, in contrast to a knowledge base which would pull its fact from a pre-stored repository. a knowledge base can check whether or not it has a piece of information (like what exactly previously happened in your story), an LLM can not.

Jungletrek

Dec 4, 2023
Well I guess that's the point of the lore books and stuff, but I do find the back-end of Novel to be confusing as heck, with all kinds of sliders and knobs, but no clear explanation of why or what they're for.

Right now they seem to be pivoting towards imagery, so I've cancelled my sub for now.

tuvrelm11

Jan 11, 2019
so I've cancelled my sub for now.
Bruh? Why would you do that? Just because they are working on their imagegen stuff doesn't mean the text stuff stops working. I'd suggest squeezing every bit of value out of your sub while you have it. Unless you're already bored witless or don't want to renew.

Jungletrek

Dec 4, 2023
What I've been doing is using NAI to help write scripts, then using 11 labs to create NSFW audiobooks, with the idea that I could go back to the audiobook months later, when not so fresh, and be entertained n you know, horny?

So a fun side project when I have spare time, but paying for both NAI and 11Labs is a chunk of change. So I have to ask if I'm getting real value? Truth be told, I realized I was having fun with the whole thing but I was spending far too much of my time tweaking and fiddling with Novel AI, reading the discord and Reddit, playing around with lorebooks and generally playing with the technology rather than really using it.

So much of the writing was just me writing, and writing carefully so the AI could copy and learn, then being disappointed when it didn't, so rewriting and more fucking around, until finally it would spit out a few paragraphs of joy...

Which, you know, I could have just written myself really?

And for now it's too short; about 2 paragraphs is its limit.