Are these specs good for rendering?

datazzguy

Sep 27, 2017
Been wanting to do my own renders for a while now, and all I need is a decent PC to do it with.

I found a pre-built one for about $1570 with the following specs:

Are the specs for rendering? Or can I find a better pre-built PC for less money? Preferably in Europe.

Thank you in advance :)

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
What kind of performance are you looking for? What is your max budget? Do you already have peripherals (which can get expensive in their own right)? Does your budget account for shipping and tax?

That seems terribly expensive for what you're getting. You're also somewhat lacking in the GPU department which, if you're using Daz, is going to slow you down some. Though, it's a reasonable GPU to render with. It all really depends on what you're willing to spend and the speeds you're willing to put up with. That being said, I'm almost certain you can find a better deal somewhere else. Not sure about tax/shipping costs in the UK/Europe, though.

The at VRLA Tech (who, full disclosure, I have both bought from and know/knew people who work there). Has a bit better CPU, a much better GPU (a 3060, ti if you're willing to upgrade), and likely faster ram. But you'd be getting a smaller NVMe, and you have to pay for extra fans (you only get two with prebuilt) and a bit extra if you want RGB fans. $60~ for six standard black fans is reasonable enough, though. The standard build with 6 black/non-rgb fans will run you about $1,470 or so, and likely another $100 or so for tax. One other thing to consider is that most prebuilt/boutique builder companies (where you're usually going to get the best deal) is that they're under similar shortages that the consumers are currently going through, but they do get priority from AIBs. But you're likely going to have to wait regardless. This is just another option, of course. I recommend looking around and doing your own research on the best prebuilt companies or whatever the best avenue may be for you. Good luck (you're gonna need it. :)).

E_O_N

Creator of Winter Warmth & Karma
Game Developer
Jan 31, 2021
It all depends on what quality you want, need.
I second a complete pc. First time I bought one was this year. Because the prices are « reasonable » in comparison.

xeratios

May 13, 2020
ehh, this feels like more of a everyday gaming setup.
And imho, anything between 1000 - 1200 bucks would be more appropriate for this kind of setup.

Considering the whole situation we've got going on with GPUs... especially Nvidia.. at least get yourself an i7 for that price range of 1500+ i'd say.