Are you ever tried to create an adult game but failed

Room34

Dec 5, 2020
I tried to create an adult game, but I was bored.
The reason was dealing with adult stuffs from day to night just make me unhappy.

But then I tried writing stories and creating comics, it was way better for me.
Because I can create 10x more content with less time, and I was not dealing with code and sound.

Advent Games

Living Together! with Imouto
Game Developer
Jun 6, 2023
Yes. My first three attempts failed. Now I've got a good thing going on that other people also seem to like. Keep trying and changing your formula until you got something that works for you.

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
year 4 or 5? still going. wouldn't say 'strong' because it's exhausting and there's always other stuff like parents dying, health problems (real ones) and one year I spent mostly fighting a bankruptcy of an unrelated company (won it, miraculously). I've had several multi-month breaks, sometimes because of life stuff but also creative problems that got me stuck, but I never really stopped thinking about the scenes even when I wasn't actively advancing the project.

it's not that I wasn't interested in comics and stories as well, but the interactivity and creating mechanics, scenarios and hot renders just fit me even better. I just really like making all of it so there's no motivation problems even when I have no energy left. breaks come, breaks go, it's really more part of the expected cycle by now rather than exception.

I guess one thing is I never ever got bored. not even a second.

purplexel

Game Developer
Dec 1, 2023
Sure, several abandoned prototypes (both adult and non-adult) over the years. Once I got going on something though, it was pretty easy to stick with. I think I had the opposite problem - I eventually sort of lost interest in doing any non-adult projects. So, I'm much happier now doing what I really wanted to do all along.