VN - Ren'Py - Artemis [v0.5.1] [digi.B]

1. 5.00 star(s)

BillieBossaNova

An interesting story about a guy who was in rock bottom trying to climb his way back up. Renders are inconsistent sometimes but other than that, they're pretty good. Some of the girls are interesting altough I find some of them boring and suffer from inconsistent characterization. 9/10.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Nirobi

One word for this game... Spectacular. I think it's clearly evident the amount of passion the dev put into this game. Top-notch writing, engaging gameplay, and choices, and the right amount of pacing. All the characters are so attractive and amazing. Keep up the amazing work dev.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

TMBABY

Holy shit, this is one of the greatest VN's I've ever played through, the artwork is frankly superb, and the storyline is Fucking Amazing!!! The characters have depth and show growth, and the main character is relatable, and has gone through troubles that all men end up facing with two faced women in his life. Only thing I would like added personally, is an option for trans/futa content, but that's a personal fetish and not necessary. Also, wish the childhood friend remained a virgin, but again that's personal preference.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

ScroxDieded

I'm surprised this isn't getting more attention. It's a really great game with an original story, interesting characters and awesome renders. It's also clear the dev's attention to detail as the menus are really well done, something quite rare for newcomers.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

ShadowNivla

Surprisingly, it has a really good story and some form of character development than most games with flat out sex hungry characters. The story is enough to keep me interested and the sex is the bonus. A very simple trope but a good one if written well, so far its going to a good direction.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

RedPandaExpress

Artemis is a story which has yet to find it's game genre, but that isn't a bad thing.

As a visual novel, it is well served by the story. While there is some polishing on the writing which could be done, the story itself is surprisingly rich. Obviously putting aside the necessary tropes of your adult game setting, there is rich material and background to most of the characters with some benefitting from more content than others.

The developer is still working and exploring how to present that and has elements of combat, point and click, and more complex decision trees which serve the story well but run against the more streamlined nature of a typical VN approach. Right now, as of release 0.2.1, that balance is mostly working although there are far too many zero impact choices that can be made.

Given the wide selection of richly defined characters I think that continuing in a strictly linear progression as opposed to a more open sandbox style approach may prove to be a less than ideal solution, but I'll refrain from a final verdict until there is more content to consider.

As for the renders, those are of varying quality. At times they are extremely well done, but at others there are enough issues it can be almost cringeworthy. The "wet skin" effect, in particular, is one which comes up frequently right now and it frequently comes across as a sloppy texture instead of the actual desired effect.

When they are on point, though, they are quite fantastic. On the non-human objects which have high detailed renders, of which there are more than a few, the developer has shown just what they are capable of. So I have faith that this is a learning curve and something they will be able to get dialed in nicely with future updates.

The biggest issue I can cite is one which I can't entirely fault the developer for and that is having clear systems in place that currently have minimal to zero impact on the game. These systems, such as the relationship scores and LiDAR, are telegraphed to be something that is intended to be made more important as content develops further but right now it just teases about possibility without really delivering anything.

At the moment I am hoping there will be new interesting content before this game has joined the ranks of so many others as a promising title that now collects dust.
  7. 3.00 star(s)

DracoXXX

The writing is done really well most of the time especially the beginning which was the best part of the game, u really feel for the MC. It does have an interesting plot but as the story progresses it kinda seems more surreal. For eg:the small town is filled with prodigies:-

1.Bartender/college student-June a Pharmacology prodigy

2.DJ/Robotics prodigy- Kindra who is also child of unnamed scientists who has a secret underground lab that can rival Tony stark

3.MC-Software prodigy who created AI in high school

I mean I liked overall story it's just that the story began in a grounded & realistic manner but later on starts spiraling out 1 after another thus breaking the immersion.
    I honestly did not like how the whole sorority part was involved in a well fleshed out story. I know its the easiest way to introduce a large number of potential LI but seemed bit lazy on the writers part. Speaking of girls I was only interested in June & kendra(vulvamort too:)) personally all the rest felt like the obvious stereotypes u usually see
    Speaking of sex animations the best sex was the beginning 1 rest all weren't that polished.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

raptr

It's just so good. This is the closest experience I've had to what I think a AAA VN would be.
    The renders and animations with various physics are mind blowing. The story is very interesting with nice touches of humour. All in it's just quantity, and not gringy or overdone.
    Shocked by the lenght of the story for it being just two chapters, and by the fact that I believe his first project. You know when someone makes these games to meet Patreon deadlines and when someone puts in a ton of effort and love.
    Mind blowing to see CH2 is the work of a person with a different main job.
    Definitely going to support it on Patreon, all the best to this dev, hope you reach soon your goal to work on this full time. You are killing it dude!
  9. 5.00 star(s)

sergesan

i was sceptical about this VN but i have to say it is promising and ,the storyflow feels good ,graphics also...it lacks fire between mc and his childhoodfriend ,so i hope this goes further and i hope there comes not too much drama with his ex but i think there will be plenty to my disapointment(no fan of max drama)....but hey good luck and hope many more to plays this vn!!
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Cpt_Crunch

Review for the version : v0.2.1

Full disclaimer : I usually stick to games with a few specific tags / fetishes, and this game didn't have any of those. I tried it because somebody on reddit said it was similar to another game I love, and I'm very happy I gave it a go.

Graphics : 9/10
    The graphics in this game are very good, especially since the latest update. Some girls look a bit like each other in some situations, but it's not a big problem or anything. The girls are cute and sexy, and the animations are quite impressive. The amount of facial expressions is also very enjoyable, they are well made and really sell the emotions of every character, it makes them feel alive and real. There's also a lot of idle animations, like even the static renders aren't that static, which is very welcome and shows just how much work was put into the game to make it stand out. Even the menus are superb. The only reason I rated the graphics 9 instead of 10 is that at some point the render's aren't as sharp as they could be, like if the resolution of the pictures were lowered to make the game less heavy, and I can understand, since even in it's current state, it weights 4gb.

Sound & Music : 9/10
    This game has the best use of sounds I've seen in any VN game for sure. Most of these games tend to use very little sounds, but this game doesn't shy from it. The sounds are on point, of quality, and numerous. The music is very good as well throughout the whole game. It's one of those games where the music is good enough to make you pause at a scene to just appreciate it's music. Most of the titles included convey very well the ambiance and emotion of it's scene. I deduced a point because the game did re-use some titles from very well known and overly used artists, so it can sometimes reduce the immersion for a brief moment where you go "oh, it's that song from that other game".

Story : 9.5/10
    Artemis is very story focused. Like, very very much, and it's one of it's strong suit. The background story is well though out, and much more detailed than in most VN, the characters all have very different personalities, and are very likeable as well. Your character has social flaws that are very well exploited, and are refreshing from the all too perfect protagonist of most games. The pace of the game is good, even if it takes some time to get into it, but that might be because I'm a slow reader. There are a lot of characters, and you end up wanting to know them all, which is a testament to their uniqueness and their realism. The story also brings a vast range of emotions in the scenes, from hilarity to sadness, it's overall very enjoyable.

Gameplay : 8/10
    What probably surprised me the most about this game is the sheer amount of content it has for a game that's only a few months old and on it's v.0.2.1. You can binge through all of it in one sitting of course, but there's still a whole lot, and the updates seem to be huge, compared to a lot of other games out there. Regarding the menus and the interactions from the player, everything is well made, and pretty intuitive. The phone is a very nice touch, and well made with it's minimap system, but could use some more options, to feel like a real phone. The choices in the game feel like they matter even if they're little, and that's something important that not every game has. You can't tell for sure that they will matter in the next scene, but it always feels like in the end it will indeed matter. There's also some "free roam" events where you get to wander a bit around, check for things in rooms and speak to people, which is good, but for having seen these kind of event on other games, I feel like the ones in Artemis, even if they are very polished, could use a bit more content, like a bit more things to do in them so they are their own little chapter and not just an in-between scenes thing.

Overall, Artemis is already great as it is, but it is hellah promising for the future, given how new this game still is. Once I was done with my playthrough, I spent quite a few minutes just looking at the "Quit" button in the menu, not wanting to let go, so that speaks volume for me. This is an amazing game, definitely in my top 5 VNs ever played. Try it, chances are you won't regret it.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

PunkHooligan

v0.2.1

Char-s, story, mood...it's fckn INCREDIBLE. I'm in love with the game.

First of all, stop reading this shit and go try it.

Decent amount of content as of now. Couldn't stop, when started reading. Usually I'm not a fan, when there's a little sex content or when it's far from the beginning, but I didn't give a fck this time. Again, very fascinating story and loveable characters(not you Cassandra, fuck you). F95, I hate you. I started reading more and wanking less :D

Tatted, pierced girls are sooo hot.

Animations done well.

Good music.

The cons.

Idk why, but some images are so good and stunning and the other may be very very blurred, to have noise and being grainy. Maybe dev slowly replacing some of them, idk.

It's, once again, one of those games, when you may become really sad, because you have to choose between 2 lovely and interesting ladies. But thanks to mod we can fix this one. Srsly, how can you choose between Katy and Zelda ? I fear that some day it may be Kindra or June choice. Imma just close the game and say in my head "and they lived happily ever after together".

Perhaps a little more dialogue lines during sex scenes would be nice. Feels like scene started, couple click and it ended. Maybe just my perception, idk. Additional angle would've been great as well.

Please, Steam release when finished. And thank you for such a mastepiece.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

moimoi520

v0.2.1 My first review ever, yet I have been playing quite a few of the games here.

This one is special. This story is just great, paced just right, not really forcing the classic scenes with each character from mild to explicit, etc.

The faces can be a bit caricatural but the animations are really good.
    I basically can't wait for what happens next!
  13. 5.00 star(s)

PJWhoopie

"one of the best games at F95" , gets thrown around a lot, and while it is cliche', it is certainly apropos in the case of Artemis.

Story, Writing, Pace, Art/Renders are on point with this one. If you haven't started on your Artemis journey yet, try to pass yourself and not Binge it in one go...

It is truly meant to be savored... so sit back and give yourselvelf a few days to really enjoy the ride!
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Eric_Draven

Gameplay/Story:

One of the best and relatable stories out right now. No for real this story touched my soul. We all saw the main character at has low point so seeing him rise to the top will be something special. It's like 5-10% Sandbox elements which didn't bother me.

Characters:

A game full of some of the most beautiful models I've seen, with great and lovely personalities. June is my favorite followed by Kindra and Cassandra.

Music:

Great soundtrack to Artemis, it all seems to fit perfectly with the story..

Animations:

Good God they’re incredible.

Special shout out to Koko. Peace.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

ggregger33

So after one full play through I enjoy the story very much. The beginning art is good but it got better. I think there was a rework on the art because damb did it bet way better. Good game and good luck.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

I_Only_Support_Real_Onez

I went in with low expectations and came out a believer that this could be the one of the top tier vn's. The story is great. The animations and sex scene animations are fluid and amazing and the renders are gorgeous.This just shot up into my top 5. The Katy sex scene in chapter 2 alone is worth the 5 stars
  17. 4.00 star(s)

sjakie

Looks promising, hope that it will be updated regularly in the future...
    To me games really become interesting when there is a good indepth storie line with high quality visuals, this really gets met hooked...
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Anron

Overall very good graphics in my opinion, specially the mc to be honest. It's refreshing to see something different.
    The game has a very good plot, good build up, you will be longing for more and more as you go through the story. Very engaging characters. Overall this was easy 5/5.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

2382dudubes

Overall deserves easy 5 stars, negatives listed could be considered nitpicks but it's things I noticed.
    Good models with the exception of noses which some have super thin curved nose bridges (looks like overdone plastic surgery and really stuck out for me), short but superb animations, good writing (albeit a bit over the top with the individual talents & genius level exaggerations), engaging and interesting plot, unique characters. Main character is too good-looking (literal best looking model; +no nose issues)<harder to identify as than non-perfect mc.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

SamualHand

This is my first rate and it's 5/5.
    Try this game, maybe it's not yours, but it has a lot of rumor and I like the mood of the game a lot.
    The background and detail is good, e.g. the label for a clinical trial is close to reality. That single humans do such stuff is ... unrealistic, like develop an AI, but who cares?
    I don't like the implementation of the sex scenes, but have no suggestion how to improve.
    Currently one of my favorite games.