VN - Ren'Py - Artemis [v0.5.1] [digi.B]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Magin Label

Review for v0.2.1: This is an easy 10/10. I'm a sucker for rags-to-riches and betrayal stories especially when the writing is clever, engaging, and realistic. The animations are also phenomenal with so much attention to detail.

Can't wait to see what happens next in the story!
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Varador

I'm a bit late to the party but here is goes:
    When I first started the game, I was worried about the main characters look. He looked as though he had too much cosmetic surgery done... this made me approach the game with a prejudice. But the feeling passed as either I got used to it, or the model improved - not sure. But my worries were unfounded as this turned out to be a great game. The story, world building, characters and animations are all done very well. I'm someone who normally doesn't care for animations in VNs as they are usually sub par, lazy or jarringly different looking due to quality change that I consider them a waste of time but in this one they are done very well. Even the subtle effects here and there add to the atmosphere.
    Visuals are very well done. It has a consistent and pleasant style. There are some models I have never seen which enrich the visual style of the game. You may like them or not, that I can't say but I appreciated it. It is a near future setting and designs they've come up with really fits the world they've created.
    Writing is great. Story wise it has more depth then most games in this site. I literally laughed out loud in two scenes because they were genuinely funny. The story has a very goofy side to it at times but other than that it touches some deep subjects such as the human psyche and emotional states. It doesn't go too dark but does make you empathize. I felt it had good balance between funny and sad.
    And for my "cultured" brethren, if the quality story is not your jam, there is also good amount of sexy time, don't worry.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

SexyFeetLover

Just played this VN for the first time after the latest update. Makes me wish i would of played it when it was first released.

It is a real VN. With that i mean, the story seems thought through. This VN could stand on its own without sex scenes, the story is that good, even if its not very original. So yeah, it captivates you. You want to continue and see whats around the corner, see what lays ahead.

Graphics/rendering/animations are all premium. Nothing more for me to add here.

I dont want to write a fucking book sized review. So all in all, the Dev-team has really put a major effort into this VN. The only thing that bugged me is the good damn tattoos! I really hate looking at inked girls, makes my wiener shrink and run for cover.

Really hope we will get a completed VN with a strong story til the end.
    :)(y)
  4. 5.00 star(s)

dogeatsdog

Great job so far on this game. The graphics are some of the best. The videos are realistic, and the characters are all interesting (and beautiful). Dialogue is funny but a bit long winded. I don't know if there is a way to cut to the chase in some of the scenes. Otherwise, keep up the good work and I look forward to future releases.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

scalvi

A truly beautiful sci-fi story about the technowarrior (IT and martial arts) guy.
    Lots of content with transitions and animations which are technically unusual for a visual novel.
    Very thoughtful and well polished update.
    The second chapter stepped up the game to the next level. The renders became less grainy than they were in the initial release.
    Also a lot of music and humor.
    I think it's more than 4 hours of gameplay right now.
    10/10, recommended.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Shakril

One of the best VNs i every played. The story so far is interesting and the sex scenes are well implemented.I can only hope this Vn will be finished and in a good way (not rushed or suddenly out of ideas)
  7. 5.00 star(s)

LordUmbra

An excellent concept and an excellent game.
    Exceptional art, mesmerizing story and very apt music. The uncanny ability of the writer to insert humour into a very serious story is commendable. Also, there is a ton of content for only the second release. I would recommend everyone to try this.

One odd thing that I would like to mention which was appealing to me was how the game asked for the user name input. You type your name into a contract and that becomes one of the focal points of the plot, just fantastic.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Specter2470

Simply one of the BEST games I have ever played.

I honestly was not expecting a lot out of a V0.2 game, but man was I surprised at the amount of content there was!

The story is great! The writing is simply amazing and hilarious; I never laughed so much playing a VN as I did with this one.

And the girls.....just WOW! Absolutely beautiful, stunning and delicious girls. I love their unique personalities and how they interact with each other and the MC. Paige's ass should have a monument devoted to it alone! Just...DAMN!!

This is going to be one to keep an eye on as I see tremendous things for it, and I can tell the Dev has a great future in game making ahead of him.

DO NOT PASS THIS ONE UP!
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 3250193

Easily one of the best-written games out there, with some of the most-improved art between a first and second release. I enjoyed the initial release thoroughly, though I agreed that the art needed improvement. But the renders were so dramatically improved in the second release that I was stunned. The dev is clearly putting in the work here.

I cannot express enough how much I enjoy the dialogue. You can tell when a writer has an ear for how speech truly sounds, and how people actually talk to each other, and that is apparent here. I'm also really pleased with the emotional interactions. These are real people, responding to real problems, and it's refreshing.

Honestly, one of the best games out there, new or otherwise. It's absolutely worth your time, so give it a shot.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

OrangeArmy

Really enjoyable game. The story is great, the characters are likeable and fun, and the models and animation are top notch. Special mention to the MC, who is hilarious, very likeable and relatable. My only complaint is that it's not done and I already finished the current build.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

juleswindu

Excellent storytelling. Funy, sad, exciting, sexy... this game it's all of that. And does it at the right pace.. Not to slow not to fast. Great characters, great renders and superb visual design! One of my favourite games!
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Nicolas Martini

Awesome Game. Lots of funny stuff, but also heartbreaking moments and magical heartwarming passages. All in all the story is excellent.
    On top of that you get very beatiful renders (seems like handmade characters or a new library), which are expertly connected to the storytelling, to create a few of the most hilarious moments I have ever experienced in an VN.
    Also the music fits allmost always like a glove und really helps to suck you into the world.

I would give a 10/5 if I could ;)

Thanks devs, I´m going to support you on patreon.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Quadclops

Exceptional game. Probably in my top 3 on the site, renders are a bit grainy sometimes but doesn't really affect the game any. If there was a con, with so many women to potentially be sexually active with, we don't see to much sex content so far, mostly story but I'm just a horny bastard so what do I know.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

bluedrakken

probably on of the best game in development atm. a lot of good looking unique characters with a lot of depth to them. it has a pretty good story pacing with lots of sexual tension and teasing.

the only downside is sex content is lacking in build up/progression its just sex animation you can cycle through. despite the option of many of 2 choices the pathing is kind of linear for my taste with too few real branches.

overall this is a high quality game.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

matschbirne

it's been a while since i wrote my last review on an game, but i think it deserves one.

when the first version came out I was very impressed, but to my shame I have to confess i deleted it from my hd.:oops:
    but anyway a new playthrough is required...and I had this cozy feeling again.

wonderful story, good writing style, well crafted characters, drama & humor well placed, good animations.
    top renders (with unique facial expressions);) with no static images when emotions are shown...you can see there is a lot of love for detail in there.:love:

its a shame NO harem, but it's ok it just makes you play it over and over again.
    some girls have emerged to be my favorites but I haven't made up my mind yet.

cassie is a great antagonist, in the further course of the game U see her struggle and a glimps of her weak spot.
    I'm really excited where that leads, a darth vader turn or worst(?!?), who knows...ok digi.B knows.

all in all a very good game and i cant wait to play the next chapters.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

pippo2

Review based on version 0.2.1.

Crazy good game. Best renders I've seen so far built on a compelling story. It really makes me want to see how the main plot will go.
    Keep up with the amazing job digi.B !
  17. 5.00 star(s)

marconenni

Sorry for my english!

Version 0.2.1
    Perfect! Yes, too many girls to follow and it's hard to know everything about all of them, but it's not an harem game (and maybe it's better), so it's still perfect, for the story, the sound, not too many dialogues (yes!!), girls. At least try to add more content on "secondary" girls between the important parts of the story to better understand the path (girl) to follow.

Very good job! In my top 5 at least.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Anomander Cake

Needs way more attention and exposure. Fantastic game all around, extremely well made and high quality too.

The plot balances good emotions with sci-fi elements really well and also has some great humor. The character designs/visuals/animations all look extremely high quality. The girls look great and the setup is there for something truly special.

This dev deserves all the patrons and support he can get for a game like this. 5/5.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Ivrhym

Definitely one of the best game I've ever played so far.
    "Artemis" has has everything you could hope for: an excellent and interesting story, well-written characters, high-quality renders and animations, lots of sexy girls, good music and a nice pet...or something like that...
    This game is capable of switching between some serious and deep arguments with humoristic and funny jokes.
    If you are looking for something more than a quick fap, this game is what you're looking for.

A really good job digi.B , I can't wait to see more of it.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

cryptoninja

Outstanding! This is a must have game! Fantastic graphics, story, music etc... Can't say enough good things about this VN. Please support digi.B the dev if you can. This work deserves it. Doubt me? Check it out!