VN - Ren'Py - Artemis [v0.5.1] [digi.B]

1. 5.00 star(s)

StevenD90

This is a fantastic visual novel. The visuals are stunning, the comedy is among the greatest I've seen, and the tale has amazing emotional depth and a likeable protagonist who goes through a realistic arc. The ladies are all fleshed out and wonderfully delightful, each in their own way, and, of course, beautifully depicted, and the author understands exactly how to pace the plot. One of the best available.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

gerardthooft

This is a great game all around. Because of its name I initially thought it would be space-themed, but it is actually quite down to earth. The dialogues are good, funny, and the raised topics are interesting. The characters are memorable and different and the main protagonist is very pleasant. Eagerly awaiting the next chapter.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

ThaDude1977

If you come for a quick fap move on because this is a mostly a story driven game. And thats fine if you into this type of story but if not you will feel like you wasted your time. I feel like 10gig should have way more sex scenes than it has also the sex scenes it does have are way to short don't get me wrong the scenes are good but to short and not enough angles. Also not enough romance. The girls are pretty hot but to me the best girl is a let down because it seems she's more into women than she is into men. You can tell she may be into MC but rarely shows it which is a turn off for me. All in All it's not worth the 10Gig of space on your pc to download just for a decent story and not enough sex scenes and short ones at that.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

mbs123a

great game. cant once agian wait for future updates love replaying it every time theres a major update. art seems to keep getting better with time. love the small but corny funny moments with the slice of normal-seriousness and not too much depresion so we all Feelsbadman 2 much haha. much support form here <3 been here for a good while and will keep being here. gl in future.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

skater555

I rarely take any time writing reviews, but this time i will in hope more people will give it a chance, and not judge the game from the very start, like i did 3 times.

Like i said i dropped this game 3 times after playing about 20-30 min, cuz it didn't really catch my attention that much, well this time i just made and effort and kept going for like 8 hours straight.
    Man the writing is so good, i really care about the characters, i didn't really like our MC in the start, now he is one of my favorites, i have laughed so much, i have felt emotional, shed tears, been excited for the plot and more..

So please give it a chance, the renders get better after CH1, this one is in my top 5 on this site ; )
  6. 3.00 star(s)

Deleted member 4058859

This is a well written VN however my problem with it is that I feel like there is a LOT of content that feels irrelevant to the story.

The premise itself is interesting and unique - it is about establishing a robotics/AI based startup and I find everything related to that goal extremely interesting. Everything else however feels a bit unnecessary.

You have a whole bunch of side girls from a college and while the scenes/renders involving them are great, I simply cannot understand what was the point of adding them. It feels like filler.

The MC's backstory with his ex girlfriend is great and the resolution to that drama is also well done. However the game seems to try and drag on the drama instead of just closing that chapter of the MC's life.

Filler content and prolonged drama are what drag this game down from a 4 or even 5 stars for a 3 star game for me. I dont mind filler content in slice of life games. I dont mind drama in games that are written like a soap opera however when a game has a unique/interesting premise and when the game has a clear end goal (setting up the startup), everything else thats in there feels pointless. I just want to skip and get to the interesting bits.

I understand that character development is important and I am happy with the character development scenes we have with the MC, Kindra, Cassandra and June. It is the rest of the game's content that I have an issue with. What is the point of the INK girls? What is the point of prolonging the drama with Cassandra at the end of update 0.4 when they could have just focused on building the startup? Why move away from a unique and interesting premise to introduce more unnecessary drama? These are the questions I find myself asking when I play this game.

Setting up a startup is a massive undertaking and I feel like there is a ton of content/stories that can be told here. However this game tries its hardest not to tell those stories instead focusing on generic drama and other fluff content.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

LazyPanda

Original story, Well developed characters, everything is *muwah* Brilliant!

For the Wank-O-Meter: this game is not for a quickie, but you are in for a helluva story! (don't get me wrong, there is SEX in here, OK?, but it isn't the main focus.)

This going to be a new standard for the Top tier, Heavy hitting projects!
    I would love to introduce you all to similar projects, but since it's forbidden to do this in reviews to keep reviews fair. I'm not going to, although! If you have a KEEN-EYE, there are a few shout-outs throughout the Visual Novel! (Hell! Even crossovers!)

:PogChamp:KEEP ON GOING, digi.B THIS IS FANTASTIC!
  8. 5.00 star(s)

hashcheckin

I just got caught up on this one after 0.2.

It's one of the few VNs on this site where the main character's depicted as realistically down on his luck and traumatized without going full doormat or descending into angsty hell. He's been through some shit, which has been established, and in a big way he's still going through it. I really like that his first instinct is always to call his shrink; it's a very humanizing reaction.

The actual main plot of this thing feels like gilding the lily. This could've gone ahead and been a whole story about the MC getting his life back together, while simultaneously getting to know all these new people who've popped into his life, and it would've been a perfectly decent VN with some realistic, interesting conflict.

The ridiculously human android at the heart of the story, the title character, is barely a factor at all so far, and feels like an unnecessary complication in a VN that's already got a ton of moving parts. That could change later, of course, but I went for a long time while actively forgetting Artemis was a thing.

Anyway: it's a good time. Good character work, jokes that land, an antagonist you're really going to love to hate, and 90% of the models are great. (The exception's Paige, who needs to fire her tattoo guy.) You won't regret checking this one out.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Shine202

Review of 0.4.1

It's a really great game with an original story, interesting characters and awesome renders. There is a cat you can pet so bonus point there.
    The characters have depth and show growth, and the main character is relatable.

Good luck dev and keep at it.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Obanama

Artemis is without a doubt one of the best games on F95.

Even though EP 1 has some rough renders, the story, characters, writing and overall grip on the player is just great. No one character is unbearable and even the "villains" are still more than just evil people, they have "depth" to an extent. There are also some pretty funny scenes mixed in and is definitely a must play for anyone that enjoys story driven VNs.

5/5 wish i had a time machine for next release
  11. 5.00 star(s)

ghüs

this game is - by far - the best i've played in a long time. each character is unique and their stories & arcs seem true to their personalities. the writing is funny and poignant and while i do have the tendency to skip the dialogue in other games, i wanted to see what June & Kindra & Reina & Paige & DK & the rest all had to say. the animations are absolutely incredible; the subtle movements give it that extra something that so many other VNs don't have. bravo
  12. 5.00 star(s)

MidnightKing

Review for v0.4.1a

Over the years, I've gone through hundreds of games on this site. I have fun exploring the sort of random hodge-podge of lewd games that pop up and checking out ones that catch my interest. I'd like to think I've developed a decent eye for lewd games because of this, and it's turned me into a pretty avid reviewer. Though I tend to give out higher ratings easier than others, I can still recognize when something stands out as a true 5 star game.

Artemis truly is an excellent AVN. As far as lewd games go, I'm pretty blown away.

Perhaps one of the most common issues I run into among other games is the lack of a strong MC, and no, I'm not talking about physical strength. I'm talking strength as a real character. Artemis doesn't just deliver on that for me, but takes it to the next level. I want to see this guy succeed. I'm invested in him. I'm rooting for him. He's a loveable character through and through, and that makes him a real joy to play as.

To me, the writing and story are top notch when they can make me feel real emotion. With Artemis I'm cracking wide smiles, laughing, and even feeling sadness when struck with heavy scenes. I love when games can have that effect on you. This also comes into play with the love interests and even a lot of the minor characters as well. There's a lot I could go into detail about with them, but I'll sum it up by saying it's simply impressive how well put together they are.

Artemis is also telling a story, which I always appreciate. There's a great mix of drama and intrigue to keep me very easily compelled to keep going. But what I appreciate even more is that it leaves time for the small stuff as well. Some of my favorite moments are the smaller scenes in-between the plot moving forward. Touching base with the therapist, the interludes with our new roommate, having a date with a love interest. It's just nice to see. It gives you time to breathe between some of the bigger moments if that makes any sense.

This just hits so many of the right stops for me. The renders and character designs are certainly great and easily stand out as unique. But the animations especially are a real treat. Not only during the sex scenes, but the animations outside of that are what really make the game shine. It's the little things really, but Artemis is one of the most impressive AVNs I have played regarding its animations. That's some high praise from me too, considering how many of them I've played.

I may be jumping the gun a bit as I haven't played through all available content, but I think I've put in enough hours to say that Artemis already ranks among the very best of the lewd games I've played. If you are a fan of adult visual novels, this is one of the easiest recommendations I could make. Very much looking forward to playing more.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Bagration

great characters, great story telling, great graphics, great plot, great mechanics, great design, great game. i cant remember i had such much emotions from an adult game, maybe never. i hope new updates will come soon :love:(y)
  14. 5.00 star(s)

dragon2482

The game is definitely top-tier the story is really interesting the humor is definitely there also the detail in the models in the animations are extremely well done I definitely write this a five-star well produced and well written
  15. 5.00 star(s)

privateparts08

digi_B knows how to write a good story i tell ya.

The backdrop of this VN is set in our time with the MC as a software developer (which i can relate because i'm studying computer science). And he has to go up against all odds to fight his way to the top while making friends, lovers, enemies and sexual partners along the way.

Game strongly focuses on the storyline instead of the NSFW stuff. Although I can say the NSFW stuff is also very gud.

In chapter 1 was already immersed into the storyline and characters in way before any of the ecchi scenes happened. - which actually took quite a long while to appear. But the point is that i find myself in the eyes of not just the MC but the different characters in the story. I can feel their pain, sorrow (mostly sad feelings at first) and some happy moments too.

With so much immersion, when it comes to the sexy parts you can visualize yourself in the scene itself, which is surreal. The story telling is a masterpiece as what a top notch VN should be.

My only complain? Just like almost everyone else - when are we going to see the next chapter :)
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Mad_Andy

I can't say enough good things about this story. Yes, it is a story, not just a FAP-o-rama. Yes, there is a few instances of awkward language usage, but you guys know how I feel about people who beat up the Devs because of their language or culture issues, I'm not indulging that in the least.

What I like about this, besides the story is this: Expressions. The characters are lifelike and actually have different expressions and lifelike eyes. DigiB has put a lot of work into this project. June is very hot and I like how when she was sad and worried about the MC, her character didn't have much makeup and looked like she'd been crying. Katy likes quick sex but appreciates that the MC wants to date her, not just come over for a quick fuck. Paige respects the MC cause when she was drunk and passed out, he put her to bed without fucking the shit out of her first. Kindra is probably the best character IMO because she struggles (like we all do) with knowing when to say the right thing, and irritated when she doesn't. (I'm hoping the MC get some MFF action withe her and June, or any of the other girls for that matter!) Cass is a cunt, nothing else to say. Zelda struggles to overcome her shyness and lack of self confidence. DK...well now that one is going to be a freak, I bet, when she finally gives it up (kinda like Dr. Emma in Shut up and Dance).

The other thing I really like is that all the girls are different: Naomi is buff, June is curvy, Kindra is petite (and so fucking hot). This is not your below average FapStory where all the girls look exactly the same with huge asses and tits. And where the MC is obsessed with fucking his mom and sisters (oops, I mean LANDLADY and ROOM MATES...lol). Not a big fan of the ghetto talk but that is the world we live in. DigiB is very creative with nicknames and slang words used by the characters.

I can't wait for the next chapter. I only hope that Vulvamort or Cuntsandra, (your choice) gets hers in the end...

Keep up the good work, and if you or any other Dev want help with language usage, I'd be happy to take time from my college homework to help edit text. We are all in this together, after all.

p.s. with all the money Kindra has, could she please buy the MC a hat that fits him...LOL
  17. 5.00 star(s)

C00m3rZ00m3r

One of THE BEST (if not the best) storytelling/romance game.

Every chapter has it's own dynamic feel to it and guarantees that you won't get bored throughout the game.

The characters aren't mild and generic, they have their own quirks, interesting if not heart-warming backgrounds and feel like they are genuinely alive.

And lastly, the humour. I can't even begin to count how many times I cracked up at the jokes in this game. They don't feel forced nor corny and are perfectly executed.

A genuine masterpiece, I can't wait to see what else digi.B has in store for us and to see how the story unravels :)
  18. 3.00 star(s)

Deleted member 5259050

I have mixed feelings about this game. There are parts of the game that I like and other parts I feel are completely unnecessary or do not work in favor of the game.

When it comes to the girls, there are some girls I really like and the others who I feel are completely unnecessary. I really like how girls like Kindra, June, the MC's psychiatrist and Cassandra are written. Kindra is probably my favorite - her writing and antics makes me smile. June and the psychiatrist are also great characters and I feel like they add value to the story by helping the MC when he was down. I like Cassandra because of how much the dev's writing managed to make me hate her. Unfortunately every other girl to me feels completely unnecessary and is basically filler content. Yes they are pretty but I feel like except Reina, none of them bring any value whatsoever to the story and this drags it down for me - instead of plot progression I feel like I am stuck doing a bunch of filler content that serves no purpose. Normally that wouldnt be an issue but when the rest of the game is good, filler content sticks out a bit more.

As for the art style - it is average. The renders in the first couple of chapters fall in the uncanny valley but even so they grow on you. The quality improves in future chapters. Overall I am indifferent to the quality of renders and the animations.

I have mixed feelings about the main character and the villain - on one hand I like the MC's past and how much the writing makes me hate the MC's ex Cassandra. On the other hand I find angsty main characters a bit annoying to play. I understand trauma makes you react in strange ways but I wish the game offered more choices on how the player chooses to react. For example when Kindra proposed a partnership with the MC for starting her company the MC over-reacted. It is understandable given the MC's past but I also found it frustrating and I wish I had a choice on how to react. An example of what I am looking for is at the beginning of the latest update, Cassandra calls the MC and you have several choices on how you want to deal with her - I think giving the player choices on how they wanted to deal with her was a good thing - at the beginning when she attempts to contact you, you can simply hang up on her. When you meet her you can approach the situation in different ways. I wish we had another option to simply avoid meeting her in the first place but I can overlook that. I want more choices like this when dealing with other characters as well - when you have an angsty MC who makes angsty choices, forcing the MC in a specific choice is a frustrating player experience for me. I get that we cannot have branching paths as that would be too much work but I am not asking for branching paths I am simply asking for alternate dialogue choices and the ability to cut out some content we do not want to see which I would imagine is not as much work as branching paths.

The writing surrounding Cassandra is another mixed bag for me. I think the MC and Cassandra's history is incredibly well written. However Cassandra herself is a bit boring and one dimensional. I would have liked her a lot more if she was either competent, a bit more of a psychopath (right now she just comes off as a stereotypical mean girl and is not interesting enough) or if she had a bit more nuance to her character. When it comes to the Cassandra plotline, the past is great but I dont like the plotline involving her in the present.

As for the main plot, again there are things I like and things I dislike. I like the basic idea of the main story which is trying to build a startup. I dislike all the drama surrounding it and the filler content. I want to see more about how the MC and Kindra (and now Jun) develop a product, how they pitch ideas to VCs to get funding, how they grow their company and handle challenges of scaling up production, how they deal with public relations and generate public interest in androids etc. However what we get is different - we get (in my opinion) completely unnecessary filler content with the INK college girls - again they are pretty but I dont feel like they serve any purpose as far as the plot is concerned. And we get a bunch of unnecessary drama which impacts the game negatively in my opinion. The premise of the story is interesting enough that the game does not need to be some soap opera. The game can have drama with MC and Cassandra but it does not need to be the focus of the game - I think it can be toned down a bit and can be a background side story arc as opposed to being so central to the plot.

Overall this game is decent but does not stand out to me and I have mixed feelings about nearly every aspect of it. It is a 5/10 for me which translates to 2.5 stars that I am rounding up to 3.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

NRD250

Such an amazing experience so far. I really would like more romance options for Kindra soon. This game is delivering a decent cast, good writing, amazing graphics, and a very unique experience for the genre.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

dajahal754

The game is really good and interesting, not without flaws (like the characters' smiling), but the story is very enjoyable to read, all the dialogues are good.
    The quality of the models can be seen to be improving over time.
    The animations are done very well.
    A lot of content, but would have liked more lewd scenes.

Looking forward to the next update!