VN - Ren'Py - Artemis [v0.5.1] [digi.B]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Kaintfm

I've read quite a few of the reviews below and found myself nodding my head in agreement. This is an excellent game with a strong update cycle that, while long (6 months or more), results in MASSIVE updates with several hours of fresh content that has been thoroughly bug-fixed and playtested by his higher tier patrons.

The cameo from a now-completed game with similar models is well-done and both hilarious and epic in equal amounts. LOVE Lexi, and the in-joke about the similarities between the MCs.

If I had one criticism it would be that the adult scenes, while they contain lengthy animations often longer than 10 seconds each, are a bit sparse compared to other popular titles. Thankfully, the story is so good that I honestly don't mind.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Yericho

Well, there just few VNs out there with a similar overall quality level (though those have their specific strengths partially in other areas). Starting with the strengths of this one, it's very sure to say, that the renderers are among the best of all VNs. There are VNs with a similar level of rendering quality, but we are talking here really about the absolute top class. The point, where this VN is on a completely own (higher) level is, when it comes to music integration (-> and therefore atmosphere in the important scenes). This is definitely outstanding. Furthermore the menu is pretty impressive designed.

Criticising on a really high level, some (not all) of the animations are more 'mid-class' (some of them are also high class). The 'free roam' or 'point&click' is well done (above average), but not on a level like desert stalker. Sometimes I felt that those scenes could have also just be shown in a linear way, but it's fine, the way it is. Additionally while I praised the creation of atmosphere above, this is not completely consistent through the whole game. Which leads me to the storyline/telling. While the 'main' or 'primary' plotline (Artemis, Cassie, Kindra, the companies etc.) is pretty well done, it loses a lot of speed and therefore tension through the excessive implementation of the 'secondary' plotline (INK & side characters you meet). I often ended up pressing Ctrl in those phases of long dialogues from the secondary line, because after the seventh or tenth side girl telling you about her entire past lifetime, current situation and all future dreams, you lose track at some point (especially since the end result is in nearly all cases the same: they are not that much relevant for the primary plot and are more or less just there for some more spicy scenes). While I generally don't reject the idea/existence of 'side chicks', there must be (imho) one of the conditions met for those:
    1. There are many, but character depth is kept a bit shorter and you might see some of them only at very few /rare occaisons
    2. There are just few (maybe three - give or take) of them with a bit more storytime/depth (the level you get here)
    Here I feel a bit overloaded with too much information about too much side characters - in a way that the primary plot feels a bit slowed down/stretched.

This is - still - criticising on a high level. There is definitely a fair share of 'primary plotline' (it's none(!) of the game where the author tries to stretch the story as far as possible with unrelevant dialogue, just to delay the end of the story), but that would be something that could get a bit improvement in my opinion (regarding the level of quality of this VN in other areas).

Compared to other VNs here, Artemis recieves from me all in all well deserved 5/5 points.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

LizaS

Review as of [Chapter 4 v0.4.1]

SPOILERS!

My Synopsis:

_Artemis is an erotic, sci-fi set in the near future.

The story revolves around Aiden (MC) whom is an experienced, well-liked, and charismatic software-engineer.

As a talented software engineer working for the most prominent IT company, the MC were on his way to enjoying the good life until the last person he expected to betray him takes it all away. The MC is prepared to stand back up and rejoin the world in search of a useful existence after three years of healing from the emotional trauma. Several unpleasant incidents occur, putting his newly acquired fortitude to the test. However, not everything is bad when he reestablishes an old acquaintance with someone whose proposal makes him uneasy.

Will Aiden be able to overcome these obstacles while still trying to get his life back on track?

Read _Artemis to find out.

- - - - -

Renders - Early on in the game, let's say in chapter 1, the graphics are really rough. However, as time went on, it got better and can now compete with other AVNs.

Models are well done; they don't resemble one another in a way that they frequently do in other VNs.

The majority of environments and settings are custom-made. The fact that it establishes the current tone of the scene is why the developer emphasizes it.

In addition, I think the expressions are really well-made in this game and is one of its strong suits.

Story – Despite being chapter 4, it is rather lengthy (4980 renders in CH4 alone). It is one of those AVNs that puts a lot of emphasis on the story. Currently, it concentrates on developing characters and the world.

The plot beats are well-made, the pacing is excellent, and the humorous moments are nicely placed.

All I can say is that the developer can write.

Animations – This could be the greatest I've ever seen. It's... perfect. If you take a look at the animations and how they were made, you could see it happening in real life. I can't profoundly explain it, but it's amazing.

In a certain scene, I anticipated that the garments would clip, but I was taken aback when they didn't. It never clipped and followed the animation's progression. It must have been challenging to accomplish.

Sounds – Everything is wonderful. It fits really well with the setting. And is often utilized in comedic segments.

However, several have been removed from the current version due to legal concerns. In the scene where Kindra "shakes" her behind, for instance, the music has been removed. I find it sad that the newcomers won't be able to enjoy that with the song in mind.

Grammar – It's excellent and completely unbroken. The most recent chapter contains a few errors, but the creator patches them right away.

Dev - Feedback has been well accepted by the developer, and modifications are frequently implemented as a result.

Conclusion:
    Giving _Artemis a rating of 5 stars and looking forward to how the developer builds upon the strong and solid foundation he has built for the plot.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

DantesX

Very nice game wth a very good and well written story and chars. Visuals are also very nicely made ..... some complain that it doesnt have so much sexual stuff which I dont think, the sexual encounters are well placed. I really like the game and for me its one of the best here.....so if you are in on a game with a nice story, visuals and chars then try it out and support the dev.
    PS: The costume of the MC on the Haloween oarty really made my day :) In addition I also like the music. So I hope for updates soon.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

jughead004

I have been playing upwards of 500+ coom games, here is my TLDR list of items

Pros:
    Good Story ++++
    Unique 3d Models ++++
    Actual Good Dialogue ++++
    Sex Scenes++++

Cons:
    3D Models +

Literally this is good stuff. Highly recommend 10/10
  6. 5.00 star(s)

ArthurSora

man the story, Aiden's character and its development, the animations, the musics, the little details of blowing hair out of face, this project is made with love and hard work and it deserves love.
    Thank you for this experience, keep up the awesome work.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

gatts69

Had my doubts at the start but have to say it's turning into a real nice game.
    Decent story, good renders, some nice music on the last chapter especially.

Can't wait to see what happens in the next chapter.
    Keep up the good work!!!
  8. 4.00 star(s)

kartolas

Another Tribe of the Valkyries VN. It breaks the immersion for me as it doesn't feel real, I've to shut my brain off to keep going. Some people are into fiction, I'm into reality based VNs. Personal taste.

Besides that and some renders, mostly from K, where it feels like it was a 4:3 format and it was stretched to 16:9, everything is excellent. Great production.

Thank you and the best of luck.

Version 0.4.1
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Kaasje404

When I started playing, I was actually not that excited about the game. The sex scenes alone were fine, but the graphics in general were blurry and not really high quality. I also didn't find the characters in the game particularly pretty but rather decent, at a level still worth playing the game for.

But in episode 2, the graphics suddenly get a lot better and a few of the characters really improved. overall, the graphics improved. DK without the glasses, one of the hottest ladies in AVN I've ever seen. Specifically, the BJ animations are really the best I have seen in an AVN as well, the animations are very smooth and of course hot.

Lastly, the story is evolving wonderfully as well. In the first episode, I didn't find everything completely clear but even that greatly improved and in the end I think it really is a great story. Five stars well deserved.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

midnightotaku

I would honestly put this up against any other game on this site. The characters are all unique and memorable, the MC has his own sense of humor, strong motivation and backstory. The world building is phenomenal, it's clear a lot of thought and love went into this conception.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Legislat

What a fucking gem!

Captivating story, beautiful renders and very pleasant and smooth casual and talking animations (no frigging close/open mouth bopping heads, thank god). Likable characters. Sexy sceenes.

I must say I value games where I dont feel like skipping any text.

Give it go. Very good game.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Parzeeval

Artemis [v0.3.2] is one of my all time favorites, there is a way about the characters that is so close to reality, they are adorable I sense and feel familiar with them .
    Almost every aspect of the game designed perfectly, beautiful story, moving dialogues, spectacular artwork and visual effects are on another level, futuristic aspects of the story shows the ingenious minds of the creators, it designed with such certainty that I feel like already exists , also story of forlorn MC to rise and reach to success through all obstacles is very pleasant .
  13. 5.00 star(s)

shaq9

I was recommended this game by another reviewer. Its story is very rich, but the one thing that this game has in spades is comedic timing. Like man... some of the setup and payoffs are stuff you expect to find in high-budget comedy movies.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

code991

This is a very, very good VN/game.

Not a masterpiece as some would say but compared to the rest of the games here, its a fucking masterpiece.

The good in no particular order:

- Story is awesome. Its the best thing about this game imo. I cant wait to see whats next, i got hooked from the beginning and now im dying to continue.
    I dont even care about the lewd scenes, i just want to know what happens next

- Writing is awesome. It feels natural. Its serious when it has to be, its funny when it has to be and cringy when it has to be.

- Humor is very well done. When i started the game i assumed it would be more ... dark, akin to Leap of Faith or something. But nope, its both dark and funny. Well ... "dark". Not like Leap of Faith.

- Characters. Every character is properly developed, each with his/her own personality. Everyone acts the age and the way they are supposed to (an exception would be Kindra, she's like a kid haha, i love her). You dont see anyone acting like a horny 12yo when they are 30yo like in other games.

- MC is awesome. He looks great, acts properly. He's not a horny teen in adult shoes if you know what i mean. He went through some heavy shit and is a mess at the beginning and the journey to heal himself is great. You feel his struggle ...
    He is a badass when he wants to be but also a very funny and goofy guy.
    Kudos to the dev for making a proper MC unlike most other games.

- Renders are awesome.

- Character models are awesome

- Animations are top notch. By far the best of any game ive played (and ive played a lot so far). Lewd scenes are animated and they are awesome.

- Loads of content. You will be playing for a bunch of hours.

Neutral stuff :

- Slow burn. For me its a good thing but i know not everyone wants this.

- Not many lewd scenes (considering how long the game is in terms of story/renders) and normally this would be placed in the bad category but the story makes up for it. The "few" lewd scenes there are, are fucking important to the MC. I dont even care about lewd scenes anymore, the dev could stop making any and just tell a story and ill be happy.

The bad (or rather the not so good, i dont think there are truly bad things with this game):

- Character smiling. I find them a bit weird. Idk how to explain it. They dont look right imo. They are not terrible but most of the characters that smile look off when they do it ...

Yeah. Thats about it. Other than the smiling thing, i couldnt find anything bad for me.

An amazing game. This game screams quality. Everything from the main menu to the game itself and everything in between is QUALITY.

Very well done dev/devs. You got yourself a patreon supporter. Cant wait to see more of it. Cant wait to finally take some revenge on Cassandra. That bitch has it coming.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Lazerpunk123

I really dont know how i didnt way earlier came across this game, no idea. With that said...
    This game is MASTERPIECE!
    One if not my new favourite one! Such a great story, renders, protagonist character, others characters, etc etc, i could just keep going cuz game is literally top 3 best i ever played in last 3 years!
    TYVM DB for making this.
    My favourite characters are Paige and Reina, and ofcrourse Zelda :D ^^
    Cutest one Kindra ^^ But ofcrs every girl is perfect in her on way.
    Just wish that game revolve more around Reina or Paige, but i am sure it will in future updates!
    Best regards! <3
  16. 5.00 star(s)

OleJackRipper

So I'mma be as real as I can.

(Vaginal) Sex scenes, there aren't many. Especially for a game this size. And if a die hard fan of this game reads this, if they are anything like their peers in other games, they have taken offense and hope to attack the reviewer/me under the belt.
    However, don't back out just yet, there's more to come!

First thing you showed notice is the visuals. The graphics quality is MASSIVE! Eye candy will rule! Models are pretty unless one desires overinflated tits and hips. We don't have that here and I personally appreciate the more realistic dimensions on the ladies. Some are well endowed all the same so the girls are juicy enough for what you should be looking for.

After you notice the visuals, you'll start to notice the story as you proceed. The story here is pretty DAMN GOOD!! I enjoy it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I am not that well versed with the full creed of the no-ntr sect. But this is a spoiler if you would. I haven't seen any ntr here. Just a well intentioned warning from me.
    Plus, I have had moments when I just want to unwind, in those moments, I'd rather not play the part where my mc goes through emotional shit. But na, this story didn't take me down either. I appreciated it just about completely. I wouldn't complain for more sex scenes as long as they continue following the current flow.

Personal recommendation, enable the minigames. They can get annoying, but when you play through and fully interact, I think you will appreciate the minor differences you find as a result of the differences.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

alalvarez1990

One of the best VNs I've played so far, I'm really greatful I found this, I'm feeling a bit identified. And the quality of renders is amazing, great job showing expressions, it made the story a lot more immersive.
  18. 3.00 star(s)

Anders255

I feel that the further the game progresses the more it loses immersion and the more it becomes like a Kinetic novel, I constantly find myself hostage of the protagonist's choices with no power to influence the major events in the game, the newly presented choices don't really have any real value being just to learn more about the background of a certain character and these informations doesn't need to appears as ""choices"" to be offered to the player.

For example, the protagonist chose for himself to reject Reina's proposal, and I thought it would be in our power to accept or not her apology and proposal to join her company to open greats and differents paths in the story. The same can be said about working with Kindra or not. And i was disappointed when, once again, i had no power to influence these events and was forced to just watch. I don't know if my expectations were too high, but...I was disappointed.

I also feel that the game has too much filler and pointless stuff that gets in the way of a good story rhythm, I find myself constantly with the skip button active just stopping to read certain scenes, the rest...Is irrelevant.

I think this is a good game, great graphics, interesting story...but without any immersion, power to influence the world around us and that focuses more on side characters that in my opinion are extremely uninteresting than actually making the plot move. The progression of the story is slow, very slow, to the point that i sometimes get tired and close the game to come back another time.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Wafflewaffuru

Honestly, story driven VNs where the author actually has a vision, and can write are a rarity. Artemis has a beautiful blend of story, atmosphere and all the right gears to make everything blend beautifully. There's comedy, drama, romance, intimacy, and closeness that makes it... Well, more than a story. All of this? It's in the realm of reality and possibility, and the diverse cast of characters represent people as a whole. Vulnerability, defense mechanisms, coping mechanisms, these characters are more authentic and human than most of us, and that makes the whole package absolutely endearing to those that have human capacity to actually read the story, rather than just pressing control to get to the next lewd scene. Not to mention flawless animations, literally the best I've seen on the site so far. The make out scene with Kindra? Probably the hottest thing I've seen on the site.

Really can't wait for more.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

SaveyDudey

Wow. This VN has totally spell-bound me. I've even begun thinking about it in my daily life, just thinking random thoughts about it, its characters and their 'lessons' on life.

This title along with a few others have totally opened my eyes to what this VN medium actually can do, with proper graphics and writing acumen. This is a 5/5 star title.