VN - Ren'Py - Artemis [v0.5.1] [digi.B]

1. 5.00 star(s)

saadniazi

A brilliant storytelling drama full of great characters you grow to love!

Pros
    • Excellent renders
    • Brilliant writing
    • Brilliant storytelling
    • Excellent cast of characters with unique personalities
    • Excellent character development
    • Character models have realistic body proportions (rare)
    • Good animations
    • Good sex scenes (overall)
    • Good humor
    • Branching story where most choices matter
    • Lots of content
    Cons:
    • Cant find any.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

justaklimts

Boy oh boy where to start... From the beginning to the end of the latest chapter, every step of the way was emotionally charged and engaging as can be. What a story, what an execution of storytelling.

So many moments this game tugged at my heart. So many wholesome moments. I was not expect to be melted by the character interactions but let's just say tears have fallen at certain times!

My first playthrough did not unlock most of the H scenes but I could say I did not mind at all since it captivated my interest through the relationships that were built along the way and Kindra straight melting me. The expressiveness of the renders alone spoke so much louder than a lot of dialogues.

The only nitpicking I can do is point out that some butts were shaped very strangely during the animated scenes haha but that's barely important compared to the storytelling.

5/5 Well deserving of being one of the highest if not the highest rated games on this platform.

EDIT: The soundtrack is unbelievably good too wtf man

EDIT 2: Just replayed for Ch4 and hooooly Zelda grew on me so much she's contending with Kindra fairly evenly. Zelda with dark hair hits me where I'm weak bro
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Sasanid

Never really expected to be able to relate to emotionally broken characters like those written in that game.

And I'm sure I'm not the only broken person here, otherwise we wouldn't be here. Cause yeah, models are pretty good and scenes are very well done, but there's only a handful of them. But I didn't play the game for the scenes, probably like most people here.

That scene with Paige, about that metaphorical wall... yup, I felt that, hard. In my case it's not an ex lover who nearly destroyed me, but my mother, who was a monster, and fucked me emotionally for 20 years before my father (who could also relate to Aiden, because he was scarred for a long time after that) finally kicked her out of our lives. But damn it takes a toll on everything else, doesn't it ? Managed to unlearn and unroot most of those scars, but whenever I sense a woman trying to get more than acquainted, that fucking wall still gets up.

There's a reason we more easily relate to the virtual world than the real one, eh ?

Aaaaaanyway, don't want to spill it out any more than that, and like I said, pretty sure I'm not the only one who can relate to Aiden, or Kindra, June, Naomi (cause you know her rough demeanor is a defense mechanism, she's broken too)...

And Cassandra ? Yup, very well written, I hate her.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

Amte

At times, the dialog seems unnatural, random, too long or doesn't make sense but it stays lively. You sense there's a developer who's talking to himself using exchanges he always dreamt of having, so sometimes a joke, flirt or even a plot point can be cheap, cringy or you won't get it. There's a lot of talking, however, it's well accompanied by pictures, few choices, nice, short animations, it plays enough with curves, enough diverse situations – you sometimes care for it. Characters got personalities, although many have a similar tone.
    The environment is kind of ugly but turns beautiful when it matters, reminds me of the characters.
    Sex isn't a big deal; well paced with blue ball elements.
    A little play through a seperate gallery. I wish the phone would matter more.

Don't let a cool main menu fool you: It's just an above average VN. You may skip some predictable or unnecessary parts but there're also wonderful moments that will slow you down.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

lslewis901

Love this game. I purchased on itch io. Character development is good and story line is also good. Great renders and graphics. Love the android and I can't wait to see what happens next! Characters are messed up similar to real life.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Unexpected Error

Easy one of my top favorites.

Very good engaging and interesting story.
    Renders (except maybe 3-4 pictures near the start where it was realy grainy) are above average and animations and artstyle are a pleasure to look at.
    Interesting characters and funny twists in story.

Some girls need more love - but thats to be expected at this state of developement, cant't wait for the next updates.

Kindra, Reina and Dk are my favorites so far. keep up the amazing work!

Ps: Hopefully Vulvamord will choke on the shit she makes. I've never seen such an unpleasent character, and that means she's very well thought out and written as a villain.

5/5
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Dajose

Story, Atmosphere, Renders, Dialouges, Setting.
    All in all i gotta say that is one of the easyiest to emerge yourself in. Everything mentioned above has is place at the Top of what there is to achieve.
    My personal kink of having more than one Sex sesseion in the same act is sadly not present even if there is dialouge of going on all night, the MC finishes ones and its over. BUT thats just my personal priority.
    Overall every dialogue i didnt skip, which means alot of it is written good to enjoy the slow rolling process. The lovve of detail of expression and faces on all the diferent characters is stunning.
    There are enough funny scenes, jokes, serious parts for it to not become dull one second second. Also the setting is intruiging ex machina vibes all over the place .
    Congrats to you, i hope it keeps evolving and it gets the love it deserves.
    I want to see stuff like this keep going and eventually finish, its already in my very good category which not many games are placed in.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

ionhide

The story in this VN was amazing and animations even more!
    Loved the characters June and Kira and the suspense on how Artemis will be is mind blowing.
    Dialogues and the humor is also great!
    One of the greatest VNs I ever played.
    Looking forward for the next update!
  9. 5.00 star(s)

AleksaZec1

9/10 Overall
    6/10 Animations
    10/10 Story
    8/10 Character design
    10/10 Character development
    7/10 Quality

The game is addicting, it has nice/balanced story, The game has a lot of potential and developer seems nice
  10. 5.00 star(s)

wonderingsoul

Absolutely amazing game. The renders and art are beautiful, the characters are interesting, the game has a great sense of humor and the storyline so far has been interesting and engaging. Very eagerly looking forward to the next update.

This game is definitely one of the best I've played so far.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Demonic Presence

Never thought I'd play a game where I fancy the female android more than the ladies but Artemis has my heart. This game lives up to the acclaim, the hype, whatever you wanna call it it delivers. The music is good, storylines is even better. There's beautiful love interest, the main character isn't some loser peeking midget but a pretty cool an relatable guy. I love what I've experienced thus far, this in my top games category for sure.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Goldyflox

Awesome story, great characters/models, and relationships are top-notch. I do wish the Protag's demons were a little less present in some situations, as I can't understand the reactions to the myriad stimuli.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Ash1111

Mind Blown. The story is addicting as of v0.3.2. The characters are great with good backstory. Liking the cyberpunk vibe while playing the game. The lewd scenes are rendered like nothing i have seen before. The amount of detail went into each scene is amazing. Usually i would skip scenes faster in other adult vns but in this case just waited and enjoyed every bit. Can see a lot of effort and passion put into this game. Looking forward to future updates.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Openstop

Just hands down a fun experience, tbh I would probably play this game without any of the sexual content. It contains an interesting and immersive story, well written and unique characters, and well rendered graphic; but for me the best part is the moments of intense humor that are well placed within the story. Good job dev keep it up!
  15. 5.00 star(s)

MarcoClint90

Definitely a cut above average from most other adult games and shockingly underappreciated. I'm surprised not a lot of people are talking about this game. If you like an adult visual novel that has an actual good story and well written character I would strongly suggest you give this a try.

What i like:
    • A fresh new setting and idea compared to most other AVN games. The story is very well written and obviously has a lot of thoughts behind it.
    • The characters are portrayed very realistically. The decision that the character makes and the struggles that they had to go through make sense, which is a rarity. Most games always skip the minor details and only focus on the plot progression.
    • The music is fantastic and definitely enhances the scene.
    • The interface is very well designed and it makes the game stand out more then other renpy games.

What can be improved (In My Opinion) :
    • Even though the story is the best part of the game, the pacing of the overall plot can be a bit slow. So far the story has been focusing more on the character. Which is good for a character driven story but, personally i feel like the plot should make more of an impact in the overall story. These three episodes still feel like it’s just a buildup for something more and it is very unclear what the story is actually about. For example Artemis the Character that the game is named after, is still yet to be introduced.
    • There’s also a lot of characters that were introduced but don’t really serve any purpose other than being another option for the MC to romance. That might change in later chapters though.
    • The Sex Scene is a little bit lacking for an adult game. I’m sure there’s a lot of people that play this game just for the story but, personally to me sex scene in adult game is like fighting scene in shounen anime. Sure the story is nice but, the sex scene is where the satisfaction is. Not saying that you only need a lot of sex scene to make a good game, but it’s definitely makes the game more engaging.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

memegamerfun

This game is brilliant. Really well done story and renders.

Some of the actions characters take isn't overly realistic, but then it's an adult VN so that's to be expected. Let alone the fact that the technology and all the other stuff exists.

Overall, this is one of my top games, and I wish I discovered it when it was closer to being finished lol. There's a good amount of content so far, but really hoping it keeps progressing at a decent rate so I can see what happens with the story.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 3363005

I really enjoyed this story. All the characters seem like they have their own personalities. The art was outstanding, and the animations were just....WOW!
    I really liked the facial expressions on the characters. Someone really put a lot of work into this VN.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

bootygoon45

Fantastic game so far. I have found myself laughing multiple times from the humor, already emotionally attached to Kindra, and craving more. Good animations and writing. Anxiously awaiting the next release. Kindra is everything. Kindra is everything. Kindra is everything. Protect her at all costs.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Power_Guido

This game is one of the best AVN game I’ve ever played!!

I mean, IMO, for now, IT IS THE BEST AVN game!!

The story is amazing!! I felt like I was watching a great movie, feeling the impact and meaning to the life characters.

The best animations I've seen in an adult visual novel (AVN). They are smooth and very high quality.

And all of this only in the 3rd release (v0.3.2)!!

I will wait anxiously to new releases!!

Thanks @digi.B for create such a absolutely great game!!
  20. 5.00 star(s)

jorpy

Supposedly this developer's first VN, you would never know it from how polished and thought-out things feel. I struggle to think of other games with comparable production quality.

The art is good (occasional character texture issues/uncanny valley look to me) in some places and great in others, the animations are consistently great (both lewd and non-lewd contexts) and used to amazing effect to set the mood in scenes, the sound design and music is great, the story is interesting, the writing is rock solid.

One thing that really sticks out to me: the humor. Characters can be goofy, but in a natural-feeling way. Other games might be silly/over-the-top or cartoony and pull off humor that way, other games sometimes try humor and fall flat or feel cringy. This game feels like fun, real people hanging out and trying to have a good time. Even in some places where the humor feels forced, it feels like the characters are forcing it (like trying to cover up negative feelings), not the developer.

Couldn't recommend more. Looking forward to where this goes.