lucratif

Oct 24, 2018
Is this game worth the 15GB ? Their are already the "best" mods in those 15GB or we have to hunt for them ^.^ ?

lucratif

Oct 24, 2018
No, you download AA2Mini instead of what's in the OP:
And go to for mods and more info.

We really need a moderator to edit the OP because it's outright cruel to have new players only read that and suffer through the old and obsolete install method.

To my knowledge both modify completely different things and shouldn't conflict. Maybe you have 3D rooms and didn't grab the patch to make it work with MCP?
"you download AA2Mini instead of what's in the OP ", so the 6 files (.rar) are useless, we have to download the game from and putting mod by ourselves ? (sorry my english is bad)

Duke Greene

Feb 6, 2018
"you download AA2Mini instead of what's in the OP ", so the 6 files (.rar) are useless, we have to download the game from and putting mod by ourselves ? (sorry my english is bad)
Yes. Also, use the guide linked just above.

D

Deleted member 112288

when I (on both versions) click on play I get the message:

does somoene by any change know how to fix this (I have tried japanse local administrator)

Duke Greene

Feb 6, 2018
does somoene by any change know how to fix this (I have tried japanse local administrator)
If you have AA2 Mini, make sure "fixlocale" is checked in the Scripts tab of the AAU launcher. If not you need to set your whole system locale to Japanese.

What's your Windows version?

Reactions: bobthebebop
D

Deleted member 112288

If you have AA2 Mini, make sure "fixlocale" is checked in the Scripts tab of the AAU launcher. If not you need to set your whole system locale to Japanese.

What's your Windows version?
windows 10 home version 1803

OrangeGoat

May 23, 2018
if you're also following the guide i've been posting constantly i should also mention you dont need any additional tools except maybe a d3d9 something to install it onto your computer.

7Wondersll

Dec 20, 2017
Out of curiosity, has anyone had this issue, I try running AA2 with Locale Emulator, launches a launcher, clicking, (What I assume is the "Start Game" option) gives me the message next to it, and I'm a bit stumped. Nothing happens upon clicking the option on the message.

OrangeGoat

May 23, 2018
I have every single reason to hate that shitty hongfire patch but considering I don't really know any alternatives people can use if they're not using the mini I say go for it. But it is fair to mention that your game will have inconceivable issues and errors that arise from the usage of the thing.

おい!

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2018
I have every single reason to hate that shitty hongfire patch but considering I don't really know any alternatives people can use if they're not using the mini I say go for it. But it is fair to mention that your game will have inconceivable issues and errors that arise from the usage of the thing.
So what is supposed to be wrong with the HF Patches exactly? I have used them without any problems, in fact I tried AA2Mini and found it to be slower and less responsive than the original game. So I am going back to using the original game.

OrangeGoat

May 23, 2018
Before the Mini I ran into trouble with the state my game was in due to the patch that was only solved by using the /vg/ preinstall. The issue being a matter of texture, and the 3d model going nuts, but I do tend to do a lot of modding so the only thing I can be sure of is that dungfire stinks.

Maybe it's because I can read and follow instructions?
Care to try out the AA2Mini installation guide for once then? I've been told it's one of the most intuitive guides people have read for a game by people who understood it, and others who second guess themselves get stuck very easily.

So what is supposed to be wrong with the HF Patches exactly? I have used them without any problems, in fact I tried AA2Mini and found it to be slower and less responsive than the original game. So I am going back to using the original game.
Could you describe your issue, did you use win10fix, did you turn off win10fix and use SVP and wined3d? Or did you for some reason put something unrelated to one of these two into your games folders?

おい!

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2018
Could you describe your issue, did you use win10fix, did you turn off win10fix and use SVP and wined3d? Or did you for some reason put something unrelated to one of these two into your games folders?
Well I did not use win10fix, because I am on win7 and I turned off wined3d because it would not allow me to create a new class with it switched on. Once I turned off wined3d clicking to start up edit created a long pause before edit would start. I added some of the mods listed on mega for use with AA2Mini and then found that when I tried to add a class in play in would not allow me to.

As far as I am concerned AA2Mini is not worth the effort for me at least, I do not want to have to jump through hoops just to play a game. AA2 Original is straight forward and easy, also I have found it faster than AA2Mini without jumping through hoops to be able to play it.

OrangeGoat

May 23, 2018

if you ever do feel like its worth the effort come find me in that discord and i'll see what i or others can do

gingerbreed-man

Oct 5, 2018
You must be living in a different universe, then.

4.50 star(s) 17 Votes