RPGM - Artificial Blood [v0.3.5 Public] [Hyanmaru Games]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Onbunga

Great ntr game. Most characters are really hot and the fact that there will be a futa and a femboy is very cool.
    Best part about this game is the story and the way the sex scenes work. Looking forward to seeing how the lategame will work.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

ADDolf

TL;DR: the game is still at a buggy early build, but has a promising story with some interesting gameplay decisions, which may or may not turn out really well. Seems more exciting than the bunnies RPG from the same dev.

Spoilers ahead!

So far this game seems to have way more gameplay potential than the bunnies RPG one. The artstyle remains good. From the comments I see that the open-ness of Lucille about all the ntr stuff is a controversial topic, I trust the dev has the plot and gameplay mechanics to support this, but so far it does seem like there's little tension. I presume the plot will be more focused on the protagonist dealing with it and reflecting on it.

I really enjoyed the metroidvania aspect, especially the idea that it would require other NPCs to join the party and therefore lay their eyes on Lucille. However, the only NPC that is available to travel with so far (at least from what I discovered, I may have missed something) for some reason didn't take any initiative except for one cutscene that repeats each time when unlocking holy locks. I don't know if it was Lucille's affection that was too high or was it a bug of sorts. Maybe adding some gauges that would make it clearer about the state of Lucille's relationships could help with that, numbers aren't too helpful because it's unclear what they mean exactly. Maybe another option would be asking Lucille what she thinks of others or something like that.

Completing the cultist-demon area became pretty repetitive at some point. There were some super nice scenes, but there were a lot of cultists who kept doing very similar things with very similar CGs, and I believe two of them were almost or completely identical, maybe it was a bug or something.

In any case, the story seems pretty interesting so far and has a lot of potential. Looking forward to see future updates.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Weilibuilt

the art is very nice and the story is alright. All the different scenes are super nice too and the game has already outlined what's next so there is a lot to look forward to. There Is a decent bit of content there as of right now, but I find it a bit difficult to know how much I am missing as of right now so can be a bit confusing.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

Siderophilia

Hi, my name is Siderophilia and I've played Artificial Blood [0.2.5 Free] by Hasselnut (or Hyanmaru Games?).

Seeing as this is a first release, this review is bound to reflect a rather short impression. I will try to update it if factors change in latter releases.

As it stands I can't even speak much of the gameplay from what I've experienced. What there is so far is really just the most basic of RPG maker combat with basic attacks and healing. It's rather lacking in depth and feels a little grindy at times but it may come to improve in that regard in future releases. Time will have to tell if things improve and I won't keep the basic combat too much in mind for my scoring.

The art is what I would shout out as this game's strong suit so far. While CGs are nothing spectacular, there's a decent amount of them for a game so early in development. I'm not sure I would call the game gothic horror, mostly since it so far isn't very horrifying, but the theme is certainly there, and the desaturated 16x16 tileset gives the maps a unique looks and feel among RPG maker games. The character designs also fit well with the theme and Lucille's design also screams dommy cuckoldress.

The writing is per usual what I am the most passionate about when writing a review and in this case I don't find it quite up to par. This game is an interesting case because I have a hard time pointing to what in specific doesn't work, it simply feels a bit too rushed to be impactful. I think the intro sequence after the characters arrive at the villa is a good example of this. I assume it's supposed to convey the passage of time and the characters growing close to one another, but the writing is so hasty it doesn't quite feel that way. I think maybe a little more attention ought to be paid to moments like when the characters share that they don't have anyone else close to them. After all the emotional bond should be an important part of a cuckolding story.

Now I'm not suggesting the dev should just stuff the current intro sequence with more words or it might get long winded. I think ideally such moments of familiarity between the characters should be interspersed with gameplay.

I think a lot of times important story beats are also left vague. Like what is Eadric's (the male MC's) disposition to Lucille having sex with other men? I guess that's in part for the player to decide but I think there should be a clear stance communicated from the start. Is he uncomfortable at first and gradually warming up to it, or does he just accept it from the start? I think a bit of clarity could help make the characters feel more like real people.

The game has some rather interesting sexual content and ideas floating around that aren't quite implemented yet. I think if you're in the bi male cuckold demographic just the content alone might be rare enough for you to get into this (though content with Eadric is rather limited so far). So far I don't see a lot of bulls hitting on Lucine and sexual content is mostly based around some guy saying "suck my cock to reach this objective". I guess that might change once the other party members get more fleshed out. Other advertised features like the day/night cycle and fatigue system mostly serve to pace out the content. I suppose if in future builds there is more variety to combat and ways to earn affection points this might prove to be an interesting game.

As it stands I give it 3/5 for a relatively bug free experience for an early build, decent art and interesting themes.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

Shin969

Game has massive potential, looking forward to later updates!

As of 0.25 Free
    Gameplay 4/5
    Story 4/5
    Art 4/5

Currently not much in the game at the moment but as the dev has said, this is the initial free release. If you are really keen on getting all scenes budget for 3-5 hours so far