[R>Artist 2D] Paid Artist wanted for backgrounds and interior art, as well as UI

Anorak

Feb 28, 2017
Project:
- FF7 - Locked Heart (Name might be changed later)

Developer:
- Well, not sure what to call it... 'Anorak Studios'? Me, an artist, a composer and a programmer anyway.

Looking for:
- Artist to handle everything except characters, CG's or animation.

Employment Type:
- Paid, preferrably monthly but possible to be paid weekly

Work commitment:
- Long term, I am hoping to use you for the entire game. Though that isn't as much as it may sound, as the sex scenes will be new all the time, the backgrounds won't.

Preferred method of contact:
-
Send me a PM, or if that doesn't work, write here. You'll get my discord eventually.

Job Description:
- I mean... I wrote that in 'looking for'.

Additional comments:
- I hope you have a passion for Final Fantasy 7 (moreso the classic version), that is really the look and feel I want you to be able to emulate, at least somewhat.
I am thinking the type of artstyle for the backgrounds and such could be in a style without lineart, similar to what I'll upload here (concept art I found, unsure who the artist is). However, this is a preference rather than a strict must.

Now, I have come to the realization that working with just one artist might make this an eternity project, so I think I will keep him drawing only the sprites, CG and animations, while I need another artist to do the rest.

That is where you come in! (Hopefully). I want to hire an artist to draw the rest, that includes the main maps, backgrounds for the scenes, things like UI and the like.

Some specific requirements: I want for example the main map to be interactable, so you can hover your mouse over an area and click it to go to that scene. So for the main map, I'd like certain buildings to have two 'states' to it (for when the mouse is hovering over that part, maybe it will light up or change in any other such way)

Secondly is that this is a Final Fantasy 7 game, so I want you to be able to draw some dirty, gritty styles. The slums of midgar is built out of refuse materials, old spare parts, metalwork and whatever they had around, and I really want you to be able to embody that. This is specifically FF7 classic Wall Market, so pipes, walked dirt paths and neon lights galore.

As for the UI, I will likely come up with more ideas as we're going along. Such as a button for 'inventory' and other such things that I all want to be reminiscent of FF7 (maybe like a green materia?)
You will be paid for all this work, none of this 'future patreon shares' pinky swear promise. I don't know what to price for this, but I hope it's negotiable regardless.

Last edited: