3.20 star(s) 9 Votes

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Well, the game is not intended to be played by changing variable values by console. I have absolutely no clue which state you put the game in. So I don't even try to answer posts complaining that their console commands don't work...

If your severe morale loss is triggered at the end of the week, I do have one general tip for you: In Preferences, tick on "More Numbers".
This gives you a new entry "Stat Changes" in the main menu. This will always show which game objects influenced which stat by how much during the last weekly effects (which happen on sunday).
Click on the "morale" stat to list the details for it, and try to figure out where your drop comes from. In the normal game, getting a drop of -89 is impossible. With console commands, who knows...

To all: The game has an intended way of cheating, which is the debug menu. Turn that on by setting "config.developer = True" in game_data.rpy. That is way safer and easier then trying console commands, because you have a gui, and because it changes the correct variables to still sane values. And yes, those values will stick. I regularly use it while testing.

I am not saying I won't continue to balance reputation, since my current plan is that 0.4 will be mostly about balancing and polishing the existing content and game loop.
But I also don't think there is a major balance issue with reputation either. The point is, if you implement all the raunchy policies at once, you present a pretty dismal picture to the outside world, and your reputation suffers.
I am going to presume you have all policies cranked up to max. Try taking you teacher leeway back to "Spankings", and your school uniform back to "No Dresscode", and see what your weekly reputation change looks like then.
Take a look at the tooltip for Reputation: In the upper right corner, it displays your static reputation value. That's the part of the reputation not dynamically calculated from student stats. Try to set your policies so it does not go down from sunday to monday.
And by the way: You do get a small weekly increase to that static reputation value for good student stats. However, that maxes out at 0.25 per week if all your stats are maxed.

So right now you have to pick and choose what to max out and what to dial back. Or live with the reputation loss and the problems that brings.

My current plan to make it possible to play with all policies maxed out, is to give high level building upgrades a reputation boost. But no guarantees, and that will only come in 0.4 as I want to properly balance that out. :)
I never touched morale with the console, the -89 was happening on its own before I even tried it, which is why I thought it might be a bug and tagged you. From what I can tell, there's nothiing that should be dropping that much morale, which is supported by your comment. The only things I touched were money and support and I did that in a panic trying to get the morale to stop taking such a big hit.

dreamchaser

Game Developer
Jan 8, 2020
ok weird, restarted my pc after installing a windows update and seems to now run fine, guess it was something in the system upsetting it on the 1st time.
Glad to hear it worked out!
Your log file just stopped in the middle of a word, making me think that your hard drive might have been full. Because normally a message either gets logged or it doesn't.
Have fun playing! :)

is there anything new in this cause it seems to be more or less the final version of the original game and in that one the female principal stuff seemed to be pretty much male content with the pronouns swapped
From the readme.txt:
Big picture overview of the changes visible to players:
- Pictures will be appropriate to the current student dresscode, if possible (if the pictures have been tagged and are applied to events based on that).
- There are way more hints and descriptions throughout the interface about how things works and which effect changes will have.
(It is only described in general terms though - The game does not spell out the exact rules. So there is some discovery left to the player.)
- Stats show the minimum value they can have
- Stats can change by a fraction (fraction changes will be displayed, but only the whole value for the stat itself)
- there is a new extra stat "Staff support" which measures how much the teachers support you. This is the new currency you pay policy unlocks and changes with.
- there is a new extra stat called "Stress" measuring how pressured your students feel. High stress will lower the achievements of your students, and makes them unhappy.
- all income and expenses are billed weekly, for quicker player feedback, and to avoid exploits
- reputation and population are capped, as is the new stat staff_support, leaving money the only uncapped stat.
- changing a policy costs you a bit of staff_support. Not all costs are equal, some changes will even give you more support. Lowering salaries, or firing staff, though....
- the punishment policies have changed significantly, and "spanking" has been added as an additional punishment level.
- Many policy effects and cost are dependent on stats. Read the hints carefully.
- getting more students is slower and harder. If you are willing to take the worse stats, then having no more than age requirements will help a lot.

I'll have to update that text. In addition Susan and Marina are new, the sensuality location is new, the outlook system is new, there are lots of new alternative pictures for old events (mostly to support multiple dresscodes), and there have been quite a few new events added (some of them pretty big and or complex) or completely rewritten.

At the end of the day, this has started out as a completely rewritten code base for the old content (I am not the author of Ashford Academy classic), and is steadily diverging from there.

Enjoyable game. As a suggestion though, maybe add more text about mc doing it with students or teachers. I think most people who play that game are aiming to get those scenes more than watching gangbangs or seeing but not touching.
Noted. Will see what I can do with lewder texts for 0.4 when polishing events.

I never touched morale with the console, the -89 was happening on its own before I even tried it, which is why I thought it might be a bug and tagged you. From what I can tell, there's nothiing that should be dropping that much morale, which is supported by your comment. The only things I touched were money and support and I did that in a panic trying to get the morale to stop taking such a big hit.
So that happened on a normal weekday, and not from sunday to monday? In that case it is most likely to be a bug in an event. To find it, you'd have to tell me in which event that happened (or which 3 events you had on that day).

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Glad to hear it worked out!
Your log file just stopped in the middle of a word, making me think that your hard drive might have been full. Because normally a message either gets logged or it doesn't.
Have fun playing! :)

From the readme.txt:
Big picture overview of the changes visible to players:
- Pictures will be appropriate to the current student dresscode, if possible (if the pictures have been tagged and are applied to events based on that).
- There are way more hints and descriptions throughout the interface about how things works and which effect changes will have.
(It is only described in general terms though - The game does not spell out the exact rules. So there is some discovery left to the player.)
- Stats show the minimum value they can have
- Stats can change by a fraction (fraction changes will be displayed, but only the whole value for the stat itself)
- there is a new extra stat "Staff support" which measures how much the teachers support you. This is the new currency you pay policy unlocks and changes with.
- there is a new extra stat called "Stress" measuring how pressured your students feel. High stress will lower the achievements of your students, and makes them unhappy.
- all income and expenses are billed weekly, for quicker player feedback, and to avoid exploits
- reputation and population are capped, as is the new stat staff_support, leaving money the only uncapped stat.
- changing a policy costs you a bit of staff_support. Not all costs are equal, some changes will even give you more support. Lowering salaries, or firing staff, though....
- the punishment policies have changed significantly, and "spanking" has been added as an additional punishment level.
- Many policy effects and cost are dependent on stats. Read the hints carefully.
- getting more students is slower and harder. If you are willing to take the worse stats, then having no more than age requirements will help a lot.

I'll have to update that text. In addition Susan and Marina are new, the sensuality location is new, the outlook system is new, there are lots of new alternative pictures for old events (mostly to support multiple dresscodes), and there have been quite a few new events added (some of them pretty big and or complex) or completely rewritten.

At the end of the day, this has started out as a completely rewritten code base for the old content (I am not the author of Ashford Academy classic), and is steadily diverging from there.

Noted. Will see what I can do with lewder texts for 0.4 when polishing events.

So that happened on a normal weekday, and not from sunday to monday? In that case it is most likely to be a bug in an event. To find it, you'd have to tell me in which event that happened (or which 3 events you had on that day).
Yes, it was a normal weekday, in fact, it was happening every time I moved to the next day. I would have to run it again to see which events, but it was all events that had no interaction from me and were completely normal an non sexual except the one where you help the one girl stand back up in the classroom. That's the only one I can remember specifically.

dreamchaser

Game Developer
Jan 8, 2020
Yes, it was a normal weekday, in fact, it was happening every time I moved to the next day. I would have to run it again to see which events, but it was all events that had no interaction from me and were completely normal an non sexual except the one where you help the one girl stand back up in the classroom. That's the only one I can remember specifically.
I recognize the class room event you mean - that is event class18 (girl with papers falling around her). I looked through the code, and while it changes morale, that looks absolutely clean. I tried out the path which reduces morale, and it correctly lowers it by 1.
You'll have to give me the other 2 events too, the class one does not seem to be the culprit.

Just to verify: You are running AAR version 0.3.2, correct?

Last edited:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I recognize the class room event you mean - that is event class18 (girl with papers falling around her). I looked through the code, and while it changes morale, that looks absolutely clean. I tried out the path which reduces morale, and it correctly lowers it by 1.
You'll have to give me the other 2 events too, the class one does not seem to be the culprit.

Just to verify: You are running AAR version 0.3.2, correct?
Yes, 0.3.2. I'll run it again when I get a chance and get those other events.

falcazoid

Nov 28, 2018
Wow awesome project. Best of luck and strength to you OP!

I remember playing the game a while back and i remember it had some mods as well - will you be porting those as well or main game planned right now?

Last edited:

FirehawkTed

Oct 30, 2018
How can i start NG+, guys? Sorry for my bad english. Thanks.
On my current save - 11 April, age 2. The game still not ended.

alkeera

May 1, 2018
Also dreamchaser did you test any old mods on your version? If so can you provide link to them please?
Those that i tried (posted link in this thread before) cause all kind of errors right from the start.

ninjasmurf73

Nov 18, 2017
View attachment 509143

Overview:
This is a completely rewritten version of Ashford Academy. Ashford Academy is a game where you take the role of the newly appointed principal (male). From this point it's up to you to decide what happens next.​

Thread Updated: 2020-01-11
Release Date: 2020-01-11
Developer: Dream Chaser
Censored: Yes
Version: 0.3.2
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - - - -
Mac: - - - -
Others:
ANDROID*

Extras:
Player Guide
Thank you realdp for the Android version and XAmsterdamX for the player guide. * This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.

View attachment 509141 View attachment 509140 View attachment 509139 View attachment 509136
Big fan of the original. First go round was frustrating. Started a new game and massively restricted new student admissions and it was more enjoyable. Will download the new update and see how the new parameters work.

dreamchaser

Game Developer
Jan 8, 2020
Also dreamchaser did you test any old mods on your version? If so can you provide link to them please?
Those that i tried (posted link in this thread before) cause all kind of errors right from the start.
I tried out some mods as examples (with an older version of AAR).
But all mods written for original AA should work with AAR too (though they may of course throw the game balance off).
If one does not, please provide a link, the error message, and at which point it crashes.
I currently know of no problems, but I am dependent on somebody reporting them before I can fix them...

One link to mods for AA:
But there are other mods hidden in the forum ( )

I guess at some point I'll have to invest the time to just collect them all and reupload them to mediafire ...

I remember playing the game a while back and i remember it had some mods as well - will you be porting those as well or main game planned right now?
I won't port them, but they should be compatible, if potentially unbalancing. If an old mod doesn't work, please speak up!

alkeera

May 1, 2018
I tried out some mods as examples (with an older version of AAR).
But all mods written for original AA should work with AAR too (though they may of course throw the game balance off).
If one does not, please provide a link, the error message, and at which point it crashes.
I currently know of no problems, but I am dependent on somebody reporting them before I can fix them...

One link to mods for AA:
But there are other mods hidden in the forum ( )

I guess at some point I'll have to invest the time to just collect them all and reupload them to mediafire ...

I won't port them, but they should be compatible, if potentially unbalancing. If an old mod doesn't work, please speak up!
Thx. I'll try them again later.
Also here's the link for all known mods combined that didn't work.

Evergrey

Aug 7, 2016
ok i checked out the debug mode and was curious about the office_slaves4 event and how to unban it

also it stated that i can be evil.....how do i do that?

Reactions: HUNUTAN

dreamchaser

Game Developer
Jan 8, 2020
Thx. I'll try them again later.
Also here's the link for all known mods combined that didn't work.
From the linked thread:
I double checked and the problem is not with the pack. You need to download the newest version of Ashford Academy. I made this pack for v5004. I should have mentioned that in the original post. Will add it now.
PS: reason for the error is that the newest version moved much of what was in the screens folder to a new location, the "Locations" folder. so the pack did not replace the planning.rpy like it would have for the new version.
->So that mod pack wants to replace a core file of AA classic, planning.rpy. AAR is rewritten from the ground up, so all the code is different. It doesn't even have a file of that name. So no, the mod pack will not work with AAR.
So yes, there indeed is a limitation to which mods AAR can support: any mod which replaces one of the game logic files (like planning.rpy here) won't work. Sorry I didn't remember that restriction when answering earlier.
Any mod which simply adds more events should work though. :)

ok i checked out the debug mode and was curious about the office_slaves4 event and how to unban it

also it stated that i can be evil.....how do i do that?
You can unban the event office_slaves4 by having sex with a teacher. But that event will only happen if you refused the titfuck from Susan during the introduction (and even then it will only happen once).

You can turn evil if you didn't answer "Yes, for the good of the students!" during the introduction. You also must not have changed your outlook to one of the especially caring ones (saint/nice/charming). (Since the debug menu states that "can_be_evil" is True, those constraints hold.)
In that case, you are offered evil choices at several events in the game. By making an evil choice, like raping somebody, your outlook will change to evil.
Amongst other things, being evil opens up the full event class_56 to you, but the event itself will offer you to turn evil too.
(I am not very good at writing evil content, so aside from event class_56 it's all just content which was ported from AA classic. But that one new evil event I am proud of. :p )

Last edited:
Reactions: alkeera

Evergrey

Aug 7, 2016
You can unban the event office_slaves4 by having sex with a teacher. But that event will only happen if you refused the titfuck from Susan during the introduction (and even then it will only happen once).

You can turn evil if you didn't answer "Yes, for the good of the students!" during the introduction. You also must not have changed your outlook to one of the especially caring ones (saint/nice/charming). (Since the debug menu states that "can_be_evil" is True, those constraints hold.)
In that case, you are offered evil choices at several events in the game. By making an evil choice, like raping somebody, your outlook will change to evil.
Amongst other things, being evil opens up the full event class_56 to you, but the event itself will offer you to turn evil too.
(I am not very good at writing evil content, so aside from event class_56 it's all just content which was ported from AA classic. But that one new evil event I am proud of. :p )
hmmm the office_slaves4 thing, is it the teacher that plays with a dildo? the substitute teacher? or is it the one that puts a smile to your face? coz i have fucked them both and its still a banned event

how do you strat class_56 event? im already evil in my playthrough

dreamchaser

Game Developer
Jan 8, 2020
hmmm the office_slaves4 thing, is it the teacher that plays with a dildo? the substitute teacher? or is it the one that puts a smile to your face? coz i have fucked them both and its still a banned event
Ah, you actually found a very small bug: The display in the debug screen is wrong (now fixed locally). But it's really just the debug display, the unbanning functionality works.
I am sure that you have already unbanned the event (either the teacher with the dildo or the one which puts a smile on your face would do it. The substitute teacher should, but didn't - I have added it now). But as I said, if you titfucked Susan in the intro, the event will never trigger anyway.
PS: Your name is now in the changelog. ;-)

how do you strat class_56 event? im already evil in my playthrough
From the release post for 0.3.0:
- and a bit more specific for this last one: There is a pretty interesting new event in class.
To access it, you need lust>50, behavior<60, must not be of outlook nice/charming and must want to corrupt the students.
As your character explains, it does need some patience. But you do get a nice payoff if you stick to it, and let your idea seduce you to the dark side. Take care: If you are evil, the event won't start its first run until you have been evil for some time.
(If you picked "Yes, for the good of the students" at game start, you are playing with the safety net of not being able to turn evil. Sorry, but there is no way to experience the full event then.)

Reactions: Evergrey

08/15Wixxer

Sep 1, 2017
I tried a couple of mods that seem to work. I did noticed a few errors though, but I was able to fix them.

So if anyone is interested, I did combine these mods in a little pack. You can find it here: Combined Event Pack

/Edit: Added new link and info for v0.2
/Edit2: I created a thread in the Mod section. You can find the latest version / informations there.

Last edited:

dreamchaser

Game Developer
Jan 8, 2020
I tried a couple of mods that seem to work. I did noticed a few errors though, but I was able to fix them.

So if anyone is interested, I did combine these mods in a little pack. You can find it here:

Mod info:
(y)

Very cool! It appears to work fine (I just downloaded it and started a game with it. I see the new events, and didn't get any crashes during the first game days. :D).
If anything breaks, give a holler. ;)
I have added a link to your post into the download post for the game. I am linking to your post so that you can easily switch out versions should you change anything on your end. :)

EDIT: I have noted that artistery gets defined later than it should. If that gives you a crash during the first game day, reloading the game from the autosave fixes it. I still have to chase down why the initialization happens so late...
EDIT2: Found the bug and fixed it locally. In 0.3.3 the backwards compatible variables will correctly initialize at game start.

PS: I would have expected the mods for classic AA to go into the directory game/images/mods. Interesting that it works in game/mods just as well...

Last edited:
Reactions: 08/15Wixxer
3.20 star(s) 9 Votes