Ren'Py - Abandoned - Ashford Academy Redux [v0.5.3] [Dream Chaser]

1. 1.00 star(s)

lnomsim

Definitely not worth the grind.
    I have nothing else to say because that's all this "game" is.

But apparently, I have to add characters, so let's add characters.

The base of the gameplay is to "plan" what you want to do day to day.
    Then you have 3 CGs, and you do that for 30 days and you finally get some money (not much)
    With that money, you can or cannot buy some building, that might or might not increase your stats.
    With those stats you can buy "things"...

And that's it.

Apparently, there is a story? I'm not sure, because it seemed like it and suddenly nothing.

All in all, avoid unless you are really bored and don't mind getting even more bored.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

xandeross

A somewhat tedious grind for CG images harvested from the internet. Not terrible, I came, it killed some time. That being said, if you play this game, READ THE PLAYER GUIDE LINKED UNDER EXTRAS. Following its advice will save you time and annoyance.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Rodita

Simply the best school setup game you can find on internet...No more,no less.
    Many images,and possibility to create yor own mod and do your development under no time limit (i guess since passed 3 Years and the game don't end to me),many hot chicks and many new functions on the redux. And he better is OUR SECRETARY DON'T DIE!
  4. 1.00 star(s)

WindIsHowling

For a redux, it doesn't even hold a candle to the original.

Gameplay: More grindy
    Content: Lacking horribly
    Bugs: About the same, this has more grayscreens though.

It's just the worst type of game - it isn't fun.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

consumptionist

I don't often post reviews but this one warranted it as I do enjoy stat management games with sexual elements.

as I say (technically write) it is a stat management game, but unlike any other good stat management game, this fails miserably to be any good.

the premise is there but it loses out in implementation. the art is google ripped so a lot of development time was saved there, but very little has been put into story/writing. this means you have just got an endless repeat of scenes that you will soon be skipping.

the moment you start skipping, for weeks at a time, just to get a change in screen, thats when you will see why I rate this as poor. other stat management games have shorter periods between scene changes or have enough gameplay to hold interest, this one is just 'hit skip button', make minor change, rinse and repeat. this got to the point where i was pressing skip more than anything else.........not a good thing for ANY game
  6. 2.00 star(s)

Paarl

I'm sorry, it starts well and while I played it, some images came out only with the 800x600 white background but what I just got out of the game was to see an image of zero two with hiro hahahahaha no so no
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Oshitari Azumi

As far as I can see, the game doesn't have everything that the original did, but then again this is just starting out, so I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. As long as content keeps on flowing, and maybe some custom content that can be added at will, I will be sold.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

rhev

v0.3.1 review
    An excellent remake of a classic adult game

First off, I'd played Ashford academy years and years ago, well before I ever found out about F95 (I suspect before F95 existed) and loved the game but it was never quite finished and it never quite worked correctly. Often the original would have bugs and crashes that were frustrating to say the least.

So right off the bat, this redux steps out on the right foot by being 100% bug free in the several hours I played it. That alone is a huge hit.

Taking the idea that we've seen in things like Hentai High School but packaging it in a much easier to understand form with less choices that leads to a better and more cohesive narrative, A.A. really delivers on the premise.

I will say that as of 0.3.1 there is a little lack of polish, and some missing images. I also feel like the game needs more development. But the game is still in development, so these are barely criticisms at all

The game starts out difficult, especially if you try to rush lewdness. It's an actual game and you have to build up your school, your reputation, and your students happiness, discipline, and scores BEFORE you really begin corrupting them. But by year 3 in game, I had students stopping me in the locker rooms for mutual masturbation or deep dicking sessions. After which I'd gladly walk around my school of nude school girls, peeping, fondling, and fucking randomly from week to week.

Really a 10/10 game in my opinion and the current dev, DreamChaser, has done an amazing job simplifying the systems from the old game, keeping true to the vision, and putting out a high quality (while obviously still in development) game.

Check this one out.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

rontantes

Still missing a bunch of stuff, but this is already awesome. There are rules, events, clubs and so forth to play around with.

Avoid if you hate any grinding though. There is a lot of gridinding.

On the flip side, come check this out if you like corruption.