Asian girls (poll)

Would you like to see more asian girls in your games?

• Yes

Votes: 335 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 9 2.5%
  • I don't care

Votes: 21 5.8%

• Total voters

Bilbael

Jan 27, 2019
Hello everyone, I noticed there is not so many games with Asian girl characters. What do you guys think about it? Should wee see more of them? Or just "meh"? Games from Japan or using Illusion softwares, such as Honey Select, do not count.. I am talking about the other games using Daz, 2D illustration, etc.

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
It's very hard to make a decent looking Asian in DAZ and do it justice in my opinion. I have two in mine and are not really happy with either of them.

Reactions: u z i

Bilbael

Jan 27, 2019
It's very hard to make a decent looking Asian in DAZ and do it justice in my opinion. I have two in mine and are not really happy with either of them.
But I have already seen some nice looking Asian girls on Daz Asset Store.. Can you show the ones you have in your game? I checked the pictures you posted in your thread but I didn't see any.

I mentioned that there is not so many Asian girls, but there is even less as main characters. Right now the only one I have in mind is the sister from Cure My Addiction..

There is lot of incest games with Caucasian mothers and sisters. What about a step family with an Asian mother and sister instead? (I know it's not really incest anymore).

u z i

lurker
Uploader
Donor
Nov 9, 2018
There is lot of incest games with Caucasian mothers and sisters. What about a step family with an Asian mother and sister instead? (I know it's not really incest anymore).
this i would like to see! don't think it has been done before (i voted for idc)

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
But I have already seen some nice looking Asian girls on Daz Asset Store.. Can you show the ones you have in your game? I checked the pictures you posted in your thread but I didn't see any.

I mentioned that there is not so many Asian girls, but there is even less as main characters. Right now the only one I have in mind is the sister from Cure My Addiction..

Mine are only NPC's. The ones from the DAZ store are made by people better at making things than me. Just from my experience to make something original is hard for the average hack like me, thats why I don't think you see many in games.
This is the maid in my game
maidroom2.jpg

Exu

Dec 28, 2018
Should wee see more of them?
If every letter in your post was a 'yes' and every letter forming those 'yes' was another 'yes', and you were to post the same as a reply nonstop in this thread for a full week, that amount of 'yes' wouldn't be even close to the amount needed to express the vehemence of the YES I just voted for.

• Haha
Reactions: u z i

Bilbael

Jan 27, 2019
Mine are only NPC's. The ones from the DAZ store are made by people better at making things than me. Just from my experience to make something original is hard for the average hack like me, thats why I don't think you see many in games.
This is the maid in my game
View attachment 426511
Thanks for sharing! the model seems ok, don't discredit yourself. If you are not happy with your models the best advice I can give you is to use references. Also, you should not hesitate to give more shapes to your model, Asians are not all shapeless despite what people think.. The following two pictures, one is Korean, the other one Chinese (both are 18+ models huh).

17934586_1768241143487177_3568493201587175424_n.jpg (39).jpg

(Is it alright to post these pictures? I tried to find something about it in the rules thread but didn't find anything)

They don't have lot of D and E cup, mostly because they have less fat people.

I also feel like when I mention Asian characters people are mostly thinking about Japanese, but there is slight differences. And Thaïlandaise, Filipino, Indians, etc.. are Asians too.

i also had the same opinion, but recently i found some well made Asian models(opinions may differ of course). for example Izumi from High-Rise Climb and Mei from Primal Instinct.
I forgot about High-Rise Climb but I don't specially like this model. I prefer the one from Cure My Addiction. Nevertheless it's true that there is not so many Asian hotties among the characters of the available games, but it's my personal taste I guess..

Deleted member 229118

Oct 3, 2017
At the risk of sounding racist.
To me asian girls look so much alike that it is hard to tell the difference between them.
I am not against them as asian are hot.
I just have trouble telling who is who.

Exu

Dec 28, 2018
To me asian girls look so much alike that it is hard to tell the difference between them.
Perhaps not racist (At least for that reason, I don't know you), but simply you are not used to see asian faces in your day-to-day life. If so, the most prominent facial features to you, the ones that first catch your sight, maybe eclipsing the rest of them are those shared racial features. I think it happens with every race you are not used to. I remember, when I was a child, the same happened to me with every race or etnicity other than mine. Then my city changed, became more diverse, I got accustomed and began to overlook the shared features and learned to focus in those subtle features that make a face unique.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I noticed that as well when I was trying to tweak one of the characters in my mod to look more asian. Gen 3 at least seems to have very few asian characters and I'm not good enough with face morphs to figure out what to tweak for it manually. The best I could come up with was a setting that angled the eyes a little.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I don't think that's an asian thing, that's just a natural reaction to most people's impulse to kind of sort themselves into a neighborhood with more people of their own race. If you mostly see white people every day you're going to be better at recognizing their facial features. If you live in Chinatown then you'd probably be better at recognizing asian features.

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
"Would you like to see more asian girls... [...]"was the only part of the sentence i was able to read, then i felt my blood flowing away from my brain. some seconds later a one eyed worm looked at me, telling me to vote for yes.

Bilbael

Jan 27, 2019
As they said above, it's not racist, it's normal. Lot of Asians have the same problems with Caucasians, they are not able to tell the difference between us.
Well, I'm including one in my game.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Can't see well your model's face.. but it seems good.

I wonder what is the girl's archetype you have in mind when you are modelling your Asian characters (a shy girl? a bitch? a prude? etc.). Same question for the players.

Btw do you prefer an Asian american/Eurasian or an expatriate? (the mindset and style can be very different)

hehe6666

Jul 31, 2020
the model in wifey dilemma is really so good. And someone plz save it. And btw, just don't introduce many asian ppl's face like many ones in the traditional movie or picture. Asians have big eyes, especially some girls.

Reactions: Deriawan

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
Coincidentally, I was just watching a tutorial on exporting Daz models to blender for "fine sculpting" that is more difficult to do in Daz Studio.

It seems that the shortcomings Daz has along these lines are not limited to just creating oriental features.

Edit: This guide also recommends a custom morph pack ($22) that has 200 head and face custom morphs for genesis 8 females that really raise Daz morphs to a much finer degree.

Tutorial in question:

Last edited: