Ask an 82 year old failed computer programmer anything.

Jul 11, 2020
Before the questions: I am shocked there is not one good smut engine in freeware, something using software like unity or unreal, where people with limited technical experience can build something

Question one I am always asked: Are you Jewish?

Yes. My mom was Jewish by birth. I was raised Lutheran but my mom made things difficult. She divorced us when I was eleven years old. Became a Catholic Nun, all kinds of wacky stuff.

Question two I am always asked: How can I last as long as you without going senile?

Drink water. I smoked for 40 years, drank booze to excess, but I always had the memory of water rationing during the war in southern California. Always have a pint of water to chug.

• Haha
Reactions: ♍VoidTraveler

Jaike

Aug 24, 2020
What's the reason you call yourself a "failed programmer"?

Is "TIM" in your name a spelling mistake for "TMI"? :unsure:

Reactions: nvectical

rk-47

Jun 27, 2020
Well i have a question more important than all of them.... Should fortnite be renamed to Fartnite??

Sep 22, 2021
Before the questions: I am shocked there is not one good smut engine in freeware, something using software like unity or unreal, where people with limited technical experience can build something

Question one I am always asked: Are you Jewish?

Yes. My mom was Jewish by birth. I was raised Lutheran but my mom made things difficult. She divorced us when I was eleven years old. Became a Catholic Nun, all kinds of wacky stuff.

Question two I am always asked: How can I last as long as you without going senile?

Drink water. I smoked for 40 years, drank booze to excess, but I always had the memory of water rationing during the war in southern California. Always have a pint of water to chug.
How was the love life? do you regret it in the end?

papel

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2018
I am shocked there is not one good smut engine in freeware, something using software like unity or unreal, where people with limited technical experience can build something
Those two have the largest amount of tutorials, plus they have marketing departments, so it's no wonder the majority will use them. There are free alternatives for the less technical, like GDevelop, which uses visual programming like Construct. Why people don't use them, well, could be a number of things. There's nothing stopping you from using FreeBasic (which has significant backwards compatibility with QuickBasic) either, if that's something you fancy.

A question for you: when did you get into programming and when did you decide that you failed?