Asking for advice on patreon tiers

AlmightySpoon

Game Developer
May 12, 2017
Good day!
First of all im not native english so pardon for any mistakes.

Little about the project:
Im working on my very first game that will be strongly based on people ideas and demands. Im making it in unity with koikatsu assets and its like a visual novel rpg (sandbox,animations). I made my system very flexible so i can implement anything, like really anything (you see vn first but if you want it can have platformer parts too). When i collected enough people around the project i will make a discord where they can share their ideas and vote on ideas and on game changing decisions.

Right now im allmost done with the feature showcase version, so i started making a patreon page for that and i want to be sure i will be fair with everyone from the start.

i want to ask your opinion on this tier list:
(at the start there wont be anything about discord)

1$ Tier 1:
-Discord access
-Special role on discord
-Vote on ideas
(they can vote on ideas on discord)

3$ Tier 2:
-Special role on discord
-Share your ideas
(they can share their ideas in a special discord channel)

5$ Tier 3:
-Special role on discord
-Access to each update 1 week before the public!
-Access to vote poll thet help me decide on content.
-Cheat Codes!

10$ Tier 4:
-Special Role on discord
-Bigger impact on votes. (your vote worth 2)
-Access to each update 2 week before the public!

20$ Tier 5:
-Special Role on discord
-Your name in the game! (If you choose so)
-(thinking about giving them pictures with asked character and pose or their vote can worth 3)

If you have any other advise for me, it would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

zaplayer

Jan 14, 2018
(thinking about giving them pictures with asked character and pose or their vote can worth 3) Good luck with that if your game evolves very fast. Also dont forget to put all from above since tier 5 should get everything from t1 to t4. Would delete the t1 thou. 1$ is not worth it. Who gets the game 2 weeks after the first release? Is your game free or ? Instead of 20 put 15 since they dont get that much in return, unless you want to sweat for the 20$. Try to be more original, give higher tier patreons posters in HD or something, put their names in the game as credits, or tell them to name your female characters etc. Also since you see this work in progress some things may change over the year. Just some small suggestions.

AlmightySpoon

Game Developer
May 12, 2017
oh yes this game gonna be free and height tiers gonna get all the previos rewards. On most patreons 1$ is like "i dont need anything i just want to help a little" and they dont get anything, most people only donate that much. i give them discord acces coz i need lots of people voting to make the best decisions. Oh and i forgot add sneek peeks as reward but i dont know wich one should get it.