3D-Daz Asking for some critique of my cast of characters

SpecialXSauce

Jun 6, 2018
Hi everyone. I'm making my first game. Going for a simple harem approach where the MC lives with his "land lady" and two "roommates" who by coincidence look related (or at least they should). I'm trying to go for a look that still looks young, but doesn't look like the generic michael 8 MC we see on every game. I'd love some feedback. g13_mc4.png g13_mc2.png
g13_fam_portrait.png

YaBoy

Jan 2, 2017
I like the faces and bodies on the women on the left and in the middle. For the woman on the right, there's something about her facial features that makes her look old. How old is she supposed to be? The one on the left looks early 20s, middle is a MILF in her 40s (with a bonkers body), but I can't tell much about the woman on the right. The combination of her body, face, and style don't seem to go together. She has weird legs too.

redle

Apr 12, 2017
The "bunch of people living together that are all too old to be living together for any reason," is way over-played and ridiculous. It would be nice to see a more unique storyline regardless of whether they are "landlady" or "related" or anything else.

That said, I'll agree a bit with YaBoy that the woman on the right's hollow cheekbones don't seem to fit in with the rest of the youthfulness I think you are going for. Other than that I don't really see anything wrong with her. Her pose/angle isn't the most flattering, but having someone work up to being sexy isn't a bad thing.

As for the other 2, I'd be more inclined to call them sisters. I'd say 35-40ish and be hard pressed to say which one was the older sister. The middle one seems like a homemaker, while the left gives the feel of a trophy wife or player in her own right (possibly a divorcee who got fit, or stayed fit, to go back on the prowl and likes looking good).

The guy does look like a refreshing change from the typical.

Reactions: mario1994

SpecialXSauce

Jun 6, 2018
I like the faces and bodies on the women on the left and in the middle. For the woman on the right, there's something about her facial features that makes her look old. How old is she supposed to be? The one on the left looks early 20s, middle is a MILF in her 40s (with a bonkers body), but I can't tell much about the woman on the right. The combination of her body, face, and style don't seem to go together. She has weird legs too.
Thanks for the feedback!

I'm definitely going to tweak the face and look at the legs.. I noticed those legs while making some portraits earlier and your right they are wonky. I think it's mostly due to the pose.

They're all related. To keep them similar all 3 girls share 50% or more of the "Morgana" face asset. The one on the right contains 100% of morgana. I'm thinking of lowering that down to 60% Morgana and 40% of some teen/youthful faces.

The left is the older sister, around 21. The middle is the mom (40), and the right is the youngest sister (18) who moonlights as a "twitch" streamer. I wanted to give her a dual personality where she does cosplay at night but during the day shes shy and reserved. The male MC is 20.

The "bunch of people living together that are all too old to be living together for any reason," is way over-played and ridiculous. It would be nice to see a more unique storyline regardless of whether they are "landlady" or "related" or anything else.

That said, I'll agree a bit with YaBoy that the woman on the right's hollow cheekbones don't seem to fit in with the rest of the youthfulness I think you are going for. Other than that I don't really see anything wrong with her. Her pose/angle isn't the most flattering, but having someone work up to being sexy isn't a bad thing.

As for the other 2, I'd be more inclined to call them sisters. I'd say 35-40ish and be hard pressed to say which one was the older sister. The middle one seems like a homemaker, while the left gives the feel of a trophy wife or player in her own right (possibly a divorcee who got fit, or stayed fit, to go back on the prowl and likes looking good).

The guy does look like a refreshing change from the typical.
Yeah totally get that its an over-played plot. But I've seen so many of them that for me its just something as an easy to do self-teaching project before attempting a larger project. The game is gonna be "quarantine" themed. That also makes it easy to make scenes.

Also, you're spot on about the "work up to being sexy" thing for the 3rd girl. Her arc is largely supposed to start off like that and work up to being more sexy.

I adjusted the face and the body a bit of the third girl.

g13_ysis2.png

SpecialXSauce

Jun 6, 2018
g13_ysis_YT_OT_ADULT.png
Mixed her up with the age morph from the "growing up" asset. Left to right is Young Teen, Old Teen, and Adult. The one thats been used is Adult setting. I still kind of like the adult setting. Young teen's proportions just don't feel right. Old teen does look a little smoother and younger. Adult still looks ok IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: Decus and mario1994

Arjuuni

Apr 21, 2018
Personally I think she needs a different hairstyle, I can't quite put my finger on why but I think it's making her look older than she's meant to.

Reactions: mario1994

derede

Jan 10, 2018
I like mother and older sister. Older sister is looking like or similar to younger version of mother which is nice touch. Younger sister looks alright. But different hair choice may help you instead using growing up morph. Body types are looking good.

I am also working around my own characters lately and I found out growing up morphs can be pain in the ass sometimes; cloths and hair can give you headache while trying to fix them especially if you are going to create lot of scene in short period of time. Instead using growing up morphs, I am using Teen Jane body for example. It scales down everything nicely. Even if you don't like the body portions, you can change their size and length with basic morphs.

Also, I disagree with "bunch of people living together that are all too old to be living together for any reason". It may be overused but even with average writing it will work out perfect and this is why many people still prefer this story types. Personally, people I know who go to college/university still living with their family and bunch of people who have jobs are still living with their family because it is way too cheap. Probably many people after lockdown would end up moving their parent house because economic problems. For example; if you think they are too old to be live together, lets say family members are not living under same roof, you can always write something like "they are living in the same town but some circumstances brings them or couple of them together in the same house" and these circumstances are how your game story begin. Which in this case SpecialXSauce have good story with good age range already.

Good luck with your first game and don't forget to enjoy what you are doing for healthy progress :)

SpecialXSauce

Jun 6, 2018
Thanks for the feedback everyone!

I think I'm going to keep the hair, just a personal taste of mine.

After writing the characters bios I decided to lower the translucency on her skin to make her look more pasty, since she's supposed to be a gamer girl who doesn't like the sun. Also her proportions now make her look more 18, but still have plenty of curves.

And with that I'm done with this character
ysis_port_4a.png ysis_port_4ahead.png ysis_port_nude.png ysis_port_nude2.png

MHappy

Feb 21, 2019
As for all the 4 models shared (considering the updated model for girl 3), every model looks very nice & attractive, except for thr milf. She doesn't look much appealing to me considering her face & hairstyle. This hairstyle too if very frequently used in many games here. Maybe try a bit more detailed face with a different hairstyle.
Additionally, the story concept can be changed to something better. The one mentioned in OP is way too common & uninteresting.
Hope this helps.

ReiCaixa

Apr 28, 2020
Older roommate (blonde) is my thing, and yours is on point, which is hot body, confident look, short clothes and without anything over the top like extremely huge boobs. You don't have to change anything about her, trust me.
Maybe just give her a job or her own thing she works at, making her the "one with a future" between the 3 "roommates".

The brunette roommate looks odd/nerdy in the first renders, probably because of the clothing and face.
BUT, on the next renders you posted, I understood her vibe, and can even say I like her.
I personally wouldn't mind if she looked nerdy at the start of the game, but then you accidentally see her naked and think "who is that? It can't be her!", and after that she starts wearing better clothing and being more confident.

I can't say anything about the mo... I mean, landlady cause I always ignore that character in this kind of games, as I personally have no interest on that, although I know people love it.

Overall, your project looks good, I'd love to see it going

mario1994

Nov 3, 2017
The changed character of younger girl now looks way better than at the start but I would like to see her change her skin colour to darker shade from second iteration to show how much of a change we will bring to her life with our choices. It would show how much more sociable and outgoing she became. The older one should start with darker skin. More tanned if she is to be more of an outgoing girl than her younger sis. Younger girl is spot on now. The other two need a little more work on them to be unique and charming on their own. I still wish to see younger/younger character. Both of them look over 20 if you make them now as is. So there should be at least one character that is borderline underage by looks alone to include all kinks you could think of. Just an idea you don't need to consider in findal build but just a hint from my side. Male is unique and different. Its a big plus. Younger sis looks unique and thick.. nice and unique. Big plus. Mother and older sister still need their polish.