Aspiring Adult Game Dev

GoldenWitch

May 21, 2021
Hello everyone!

I stumbled across this forum some time ago in 2021, but I've been really wanting to get into making my own adult/erotic games for years now, specifically ones with gay men. I've had a few ideas in the past, but given my complete lack of programming and art knowledge they've remained just that: ideas. I want to change that, and I hope this forum can help me on my way.

My current expertise is in writing (especially dialogue), editing, and proofreading in English. As far as design philosophy goes, I want to make adult games that are more than "just" Visual Novels, despite my specialty being writing. Visual Novels are an amazing genre, but I often find that when I'm playing adult VNs I end up fast-forwarding through everything until I get to a choice and/or a sex scene. Combining these VN elements with other forms of gameplay (as examples: puzzles, RPG elements, arcade-style action) is something I want to accomplish. Hunie Pop comes to mind as a game that managed that balance really well, Kemo Coliseum too. I also think that implementing risk into a game to incentivize the player to play closer to the edge and amp up their adrenaline for a greater reward is awesome, and something I'd like to implement in my games as well.

In terms of visuals, I tend to prefer a unique 2D style to the 3D models that seem to be the style du jour. Making pixel art sexy is a challenge, but I've seen it done well before and it's something I'd like to learn how to do too.

Lastly, I'd love to learn some basics of voice acting. I've been told I have a decent voice by many people, so learning how to utilize it effectively would be a good step for me to take I feel.

Thanks in advance for the warm welcome!