[R>Artist 3D] [R>Programmer] Assembling Team for Mature Visual Novel Project

gchero21

Aug 14, 2019
Good Morning From the East Coast,

I've spent a lot of time on this site consuming work from so many talented developers, yet typically outside of a select few, most VN's have tended to stick to the tried and true "dad dies, kid comes home and falls in love with his family members" trope (which don't get me wrong I love, but it's oversaturated the content available). I've felt for a long time there's not enough Depraved Awakenings or Our Red String's out there, so I'd like to endeavor to create something fresh.

For background, in my spare time, I'm a very avid writer. It's something that's a passion of mine, and I take pretty seriously. I'd say most of my writing is akin to Steven Erikson in style (I have work I can share via DM). This project would be a bit of a shift from what I typically do, but it's a challenge I want to welcome and a pleasant reprieve from my personal manuscript.

The goal of this post is to recruit a programmer and artist that can help me bring my vision to life. I have a general framework already crafted for main characters, call to action, first release narrative goals, and plot overview. Responsibility wise, I will own the narrative decisions and overall game story.

Both the Artist and Coder can choose either a monthly rate we can negotiate, or we can create a patreon to share revenue after first release. Discussion can be had via DM.

Project:
- Title: What Was Left Behind
-Overview: Often in life, it's those flashpoint moments that cause us to reflect on the decisions we've made, the directions we're going, and the things that are truly important. For Kareem, a failed promotion attempt and the death of his closest friend; for Nami, the reality of her failing artistic endeavors and a family legacy she never wanted as her own . Two strangers reckoning with pivotal forks, whose chance meeting will intertwine the webs of their lives forever. What lessons in love will one teach? Will it hurt? Will it heal? Will it push them towards or away from the paths they were meant to take? Help them choose what must be left behind, that they may grow into whom they're suppose to be.

Looking for:
- Artist, Coder

Employment Type:
- Revenue Share, Negotiable Monthly Rate

Work commitment:
- Long Term

Preferred method of contact:
- DM, or Discord (if DM yield positive conversation, will share discord id)