asset flip games disscussion

Deleted member 1322027

Born of the void, powered by cringe.
Mar 24, 2019
heya everyone thought id make this thread to enable a discussion on the matter

I would like to know what makes a poor game in your opinion and have some names of the games in the future
while I'm not innocent in this I do post the games in this "enigma" category
not all games are good but we can filter the junk by listing games and threads here. and hopefully this will make the site better for those whom it disturbs.

sincerely Dr Phil

Last edited:

saugdian

Nov 20, 2021
Have a very high suspicion for She Will Punish Them being largely asset flipped, though I don't have enough knowledge to prove it. The only things the devs seem to put work into are poses and clothing.

Deleted member 1322027

Born of the void, powered by cringe.
Mar 24, 2019
Have a very high suspicion for She Will Punish Them being largely asset flipped, though I don't have enough knowledge to prove it. The only things the devs seem to put work into are poses and clothing.
I never tried it but I believe one exclusion for an asset flip game IMO is it either being funny or having a goodstory or gameplay
another one of the reasons for this thread is for me to get games that haven't been posted and get steam links so I can make a collection thread :) I do apologize for some junk :KEK:

-Nothing-

Aug 16, 2021
heya everyone thought id make this thread to enable a discussion on the matter

I would like to know what makes a poor game in your opinion and have some names of the games in the future
while I'm not innocent in this I do post the games in this "enigma" category
not all games are good but we can filter the junk by listing games and threads here. and hopefully this will make the site better for those whom it disturbs.

sincerely Dr Phil
Hello Dr Phil
It is not an easy question to discuss about which game is bad and why, because of great amount of objectivity and subjectivity in it.
Objectively
Everything is learned by comparisons, logic and subjective feelings.
Often you can feel one game worser than other because of less quality graphics, sounds, etc.
But if you have lack of experience, who are you to judge the quality of games ?
Of course, we can talk about playability, when the game have no critical bugs, controls are responsive and comfortable, maps of the game are interesting and understandable, such also goes for plot. But how you know it without experience ?
Also, do you know why oldschool gamers complaining about newer games ? Because they born and raised on games, that usually has good variety of interactions with the game's universe, as well as an interesting plot, but modern games usually focus on graphics and entertainment. So, again, it's about experience and comparison
Overall, objectively, you can tell which game is bad by:
1) comparing it to other games you played or know

Yes, only one point. And by this you judge if the current game is better or worser than ones you are already played.
So the basis of judging quality of the game (or even anything) is the experience and comparison.

Subjectively
And here we go again...
Do I need to tell how people's preferences, impulsiveness or even their mood are influencing their opinion about games ? If the game could be objectively bad, 100% there will be perverts who like kinky or bad quality games, whatever amount of experience they have.
Anyone, potentially, can find fun in anything...

I guess it's just closes this discussion...

Last edited:

-Nothing-

Aug 16, 2021
Ah, also, if you want to review some game here, be ready for a fun rule:
"Do not mention other games or other developers in your review, this is to prevent cross promotion."
And you need to be objective here... not telling why do you have any opinion ? Haha !
So they letting people review without making them show their experience. It's sad.
Oh well, what in a world we live...
When you can't tell something like: "Oh, this game is just basically Team Fortress on drugs !"
Instead of this you must tell something like: "It kind of similar to cartoonish red/blue team game", what is still mentioning an other game, but not so obvious.
And don't you dare call someone a pervert here ! Because unholy inquisition, which don't understand human language and logic, will kick your ass :3

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
Ho, I remember Pewdiepie played the first game for lols.
And now looks like the second game can't be played even for that purpose? :LOL:
I never played either version. I watched part of Markiplier's let's play of the first game and I read the comments on here about the second game. I did like the "Megabitch" in HunnyPop 1 but other than that I found the game just meh.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: -Nothing-

-Nothing-

Aug 16, 2021
I never played either version. I watched part of Markiplier's let's play of the first game and I read the comments on here about the second game. I did like the "Megabitch" in HunnyPop 1 but other than that I found the game just meh.
Didn't like both games, but jokes around hentai are something you need to see at least once in your life :D

Reactions: Succubus Hunter

fass

Sep 10, 2017
It was pretty much confirmed by the players on the game's own forum that game has some stock assets in it, but I'm not sure if we can call a game like that an "asset flip" fairly. Surely using some premade assets is a reasonable thing? It is done in mainstream entertainment all the time (stock sound effects especially and music gets resused many times). "Asset flip" for me applies only when it is a quick pump and dump game for the $$$ that leaves you with a broken game. The absolute bottom tier where they gather up as much free or cheapest junk assets and just throw it together and out there for a dollar on Steam and then they run off to do the next one and so on until they retire or move on to scamming people in other ways. If someone uses premade assets but puts in time to blend it all together well or has some fun gameplay or story then it deserves to be accepted for what it is. A fun game or trash.

Does it really matter if an outfit or hair piece for a model was custom crafted or bought off the rack if it blends in to the game perfectly? I've seen a few games that turned out pretty good that used significant amounts of these sorts of assets. Especially with one person or very small teams that are going to lack key skills for all needed in a game development. Maybe only programmers but no 3D and 2D artists.

Likewise an absolute trash game that has all original assets is still trash and isn't going to get any credit or big success for that one thing.