VN Ren'Py Abandoned Astros - A Cosmic Love Story [v0.01b Demo] [biZZler and Sake-Man]

biZZler

Creating Astros - a cosmic love story!
Game Developer
Jul 15, 2017
And please don't use full name all the time in conversations.
I mostly just type in the first name or a shorter version of it in these games so I never expected people to actually type in their full names.. hehe. Anyways, that is something I'll fix up in the next version.

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
OP updated with link to online host on

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
This is one of the most promising VNs I've seen posted on f95 this year. Although a little short, it offers a good showcase of the dev's talents and is well worth a download.(y)

The premise is certainly intriguing. It's science-based setting opening suggests an exciting plot to come alongside the likelihood of a ménage a trois with two hot girls, and the threat of a vindictive ex resurfacing looms (hopefully in an extremely lewd way!) :p The writing is of a generally high quality, and it helps that the dev appears to have a scientific background (lol - in mine, I just make sciencey BS as I go - looks like biZZler actually knows what he's talking about! :LOL:)

I noticed in the comments above that not everyone is crazy about the girls... I think they're gorgeous, and that their unique and careful character design is a real plus. There are plenty of voluptuous milfs and big-titted teens elsewhere on the site, and I found the skinnies here both attractive and refreshing. I hope the dev doesn't decide to make changes to them on the basis of the feedback so far - additional characters of different shapes can always be added later if necessary! Generally, the renders are very high-quality - though I agree with others that the POV angle could use a bit of work in future.

I'll be waiting eagerly for the next instalment. Keep up the good work! :D

Reactions: Tallan and biZZler

biZZler

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2017
Okay a word about the expressions of the characters in my game.
So many of the creators use pre-existing characters and make slight changes to how they look. So they can just get the expression packs that come with them and just apply them and walah! you have all the expressions that you want.
In my case, both the models have been customized a lot. So applying expressions as is will look really weird. I had to mix and match various expressions to get things to look as it is.

But yeah I'll try to make it look more natural in the upcoming versions.
Just letting y'all know what's in my head... don't mind me..

Reactions: DA22

DrunkMonkGar

Jan 15, 2018
I'm glad you're working on the faces. Don't let anyone talk you into the complaints being some weird conspiracy against small boobs, absolutely no one I have seen has complained about the bodies. For what it is worth the bodies look great to me, slim and fit is perfectly fine and A/B-cups can be wonderful, but when I see the faces I hear cackling and threats against my non-existent little dog.

SLim_Games

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 9, 2018
I don't know if you want my help or not, but I still want to point out a view things that I noticed by looking at your renders.
(I have not played your game I just looked at the preview pics.)

I would highly suggest using the denoiser option in the daz3d 4.11 build. It's in the render settings and it makes the renders look way better imo. -> less grainy
1555531073595.png
1. I use the same hair and the hair is clipping with your model. There is a slider to lift the hair in the parameters tab. Just lift the hair a little. :)
2. I'm not sure if those dark spots are from the hair, but if you encounter any cracks or holes in a characters forehead, then your character is too far away from the center of the scene. That's a common bug.
3. This looks like your sub devision level(in the parameters tab) is at 0. Try to have it at least set to 1.

Well that's all I see right now, but I'm no expert either, just trying to share what I have learned so far :)

biZZler

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2017
I don't know if you want my help or not, but I still want to point out a view things that I noticed by looking at your renders.
(I have not played your game I just looked at the preview pics.)

I would highly suggest using the denoiser option in the daz3d 4.11 build. It's in the render settings and it makes the renders look way better imo. -> less grainy
View attachment 284598
1. I use the same hair and the hair is clipping with your model. There is a slider to lift the hair in the parameters tab. Just lift the hair a little. :)
2. I'm not sure if those dark spots are from the hair, but if you encounter any cracks or holes in a characters forehead, then your character is too far away from the center of the scene. That's a common bug.
3. This looks like your sub devision level(in the parameters tab) is at 0. Try to have it at least set to 1.

Well that's all I see right now, but I'm no expert either, just trying to share what I have learned so far :)
Thanks man. Appreciate the help, though I have already fixed the forehead part in the actual renders used in the game. Anyways I'll look into these settings while I work on the next release. (y)

zombie666

Aug 4, 2017
So both first 'choices' ends in 'No I'm good'. Not the best start.

Then he turns into our well known useless MC, getting drunk before work, making mistakes and falling over. I was worried for a minute. :D

That's where I am right now, the MC horizontal in front of class.
This x10... If you're not going to let players actually make a choice based on what they selected, don't put a choice in the game.

biZZler

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2017
Guys, what are opinions on furries?:cool:

Note : Furries in this discussion refers to sexy human girls with minimal animal features like ears, tail, etc. as opposed to human looking animals.

Apr 18, 2019
I don't intend to be mean, but I seriously got startled when I saw those angular and sharp faces of the girls. I am not sure if they are just skinny, but the bodies seem normal to me, or it is just me. I am still shaking, holy shit got a real scare there.
No seriously. Wow. That was unexpected. I guess it really seems like the body and head do not match together, like a normal body but the faces are very skinny and hence seem angular and sharp, or like starving like someone said, I dunno if I'd go that far though.

But Kudos to the dev to not use the overused cliché of a super model princess with double D boobs, big bubble but, hour glas figur and barbie face. But maybe you have overdone it, a tiny bit. And diversity is always appreciated. Medium sized boobs, small boobs, large Boobs, flat chests and huge monster boobs. Diversity is in real life and it's appreciated in games as well.

And the setting sound interesting, though. I think I will look into this game. It is definitely something fresh.

(And seriously this isn't intended to sound mean, just my thoughts about the appearance of the two women)

edit: Now I saw the Emily 2.0. That is really a difference. Also yeah maybe it had to to with the expressions as well. So the Emily 2.0 is definitely an improvement, different personal tastes aside, I think its generally an improvement. Nice!

Apr 18, 2019
Also, big tit's fans, rejoice, the next character that I wanna introduce is a girl with big tits, though it won't be oversized melon tits, lol...

And yes, faces, I hear ya.
I mean this is the first time I'm using any of these tools to build a game. I'll try my best to improve it in the upcoming versions.
Kudos again to not get yourself offended by that (partly) harsh critics about them women's faces. I wish you most success with your game!

Guys, what are opinions on furries?:cool:

Note : Furries in this discussion refers to sexy human girls with minimal animal features like ears, tail, etc. as opposed to human looking animals.
I am not sure. I like Jay Naylor’s work (Beth to be specifically), a Catgirl with tail, cat ears and fur, and slightly other cat like features, but body wise human, even with long head hair. But other than that most catgirls I find uninteresting (especially the japanese style of catgirls does not appeal to me at all)
Personally I wouldn't mind either way, if it fits your story, then go for it.
Other than catgirls I don't like furry that much and even catgirls only from Jay Naylor since furries are mostly either not enough human or too anime-like lazy with just tail and ears. I don’t think furry is not that easy, you go too far and its dangerously disgusting, you go the lazy way like japanese anime do and then its boring.

Reactions: biZZler