At a loss, Need help finding SFX

Dedan-1

Game Developer
Jul 1, 2018
To make a long story short, about a year ago my computer overheated and I needed to replace it. Unfortunately my hard drive went along with it and that hard drive had a credits file for my game which listed every resource I downloaded off the internet, where I got it and who made it. Once I got my PC back up and running I was able to use a backup of my credits file and with a little bit of google searching I got it back up to date, with the except of these sound effects shown below.

I've tried looking for whoever made these sound effects but I've gotten nothing so far, I checked back on some of my older projects as far back as 2018 and I noticed these files were present there as well so I must of been using them for at least 4 years but I only have a vague memory of where I got them.

I think I downloaded these from an old RPG Maker website that got deleted from the internet? But I'm not sure, I believe these were on some RPG Maker site though or at least made with a simple game engine like RPG maker in mind. I think the [P] has some kind of clue as to who made them but it's not ringing any bells to me... Does this look familiar to anyone else?

I want to use these for my games final release but I won't be able to do that if I can't credit whoever made them or if they even allow commercial use of these SFX.

Here is a link to the file with all of the SFX if you want to listen for yourself, they are in .OGG format. And to be honest, I don't even know if .OGG was the original format for them...

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
These sounds were made using FL Studio (I opened them up in Audacity to look at the meta). You most likely downloaded them as some kind of free SFX pack, if you didn't make them yourself using the app.

Dedan-1

Game Developer
Jul 1, 2018
These sounds were made using FL Studio (I opened them up in Audacity to look at the meta). You most likely downloaded them as some kind of free SFX pack, if you didn't make them yourself using the app.

FL Studio, huh? I've been downloading random SFX packs from the different RPG Maker sites for the last few days to try and find these somewhere but I've had no luck so far. Won't stop searching though.

Are you able to tell if these were made using the free trial version or not? I'm not entirely sure of FL Studios terms of service but I don't think you can sell/use SFX or music made in FL Studio if it was made in the free trial version.

Thanks for the info regardless, it certainly gives me some new things to search so I can try and find where they came from.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
FL Studio, huh? I've been downloading random SFX packs from the different RPG Maker sites for the last few days to try and find these somewhere but I've had no luck so far. Won't stop searching though.

Are you able to tell if these were made using the free trial version or not? I'm not entirely sure of FL Studios terms of service but I don't think you can sell/use SFX or music made in FL Studio if it was made in the free trial version.

Thanks for the info regardless, it certainly gives me some new things to search so I can try and find where they came from.
Each of these files appear to be one single sound from FL Studio - not composed or mixed by anyone else. For compositions, a purchased license is required for copyright/sale.

These could have been exported with either Free Trial or Full Version (but I doubt it was the latter).

As for a single 1 to 2 second sound and copyright, that is something for you to decide after consulting with an attorney should you chose to do so. You might be able to buy a "used license" from online - google shopping shows many for less than 20 USD.

Time vs. Money.