At least how many new renders for an update are good enough?

Insane Erotica

Game Developer
Jun 23, 2019
Hi there,

My Future Wife is my first game. I don't have much time now. That's why I can't have a certain release date like other games. So I think I only release a new update when I make enough contents so that everyone will feel pleased when playing. The question is at least how many new renders for an update is good enough?

I think you all have experiences. Please help me with this problem.

Thanks a lot.

cover.jpg

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
I don't personally have any amount of renders as a goal.
I have sections and events I plan to finish.
In the end, the amount of renders can be a bit misleading.
Some times you can have 1000's of renders. But that may because you have animations.
Other times there are lot of 'easy' renders. Such as spot rendering for expressions or something happening in the same locations and event. Which usually only require a bit setup before you hit the render button.
While other times there can be a few renders while each one of em are big renders that takes a long time.

So imo, best to have planned events and sections done. Give it a play after to see if you like the amount of content/time it then has.

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
Short answer 100 - 150 is the min I aim for, its usually 150 - 200 by the time I finish a chapter. Thats every month with just me doing it.

Reactions: Insane Erotica

Joraell

Betrayed
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
I'm just working until new part of game is full enough with new visual content. (Wich means, player must see what happening and get idea what happening even without texts) There is nothing like enough amount of renders / animations or minimum or something like that.

Conviction07

Game Developer
May 6, 2017
There really is no correct answer, but if I had to give a number, I'd say at least 250. To me, anything less than that seems a little light.