Athena's Revenge [Development Thread]

deepglugs

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2018
Athena's Revenge is the third installment in the Gorgon Trilogy (Tragedy of Medusa, Euryale's Gambit). It follows Stheno and Euryale's journey into hell to save their sister, Medusa who is held captive in Athena's shield, the Aegis.

Background:
Soon after the Assault on Olympus, Athena was captured and taken to hell by the Demon Lord Abbadon (aka Appolyon) where she sealed away in a cave for over a thousand years. Meanwhile, the Demon Lords are holding three of the four succubus queens hostage and forcing Queen Igret, the youngest succubus queen, to do their bidding. Igret uses the Gorgon Sister's desire to free their sister as a way to also free her sisters. Can the sisters trust Igret?

Deeper Background:

(warning spoilers for Tragedy of Medusa and Euryale's Gambit)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Progress Tracker:
  • Basic plot/story outline
  • First release
Some early concept work:
library_capsule_3.png
Athena v2:
athena_v2_0001.png
Three of the Succubus Queens: Eisheth, Lilith, Igret
three_queens.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Saint Blackmoor

deepglugs

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2018
Done a bit of character design as well as some writing. First is an update to Stheno using blender's new hair system. Second are two entirely new characters: Naamah, the second Queen of Hell and a demon named Aden.

Stheno V3 (WIP):

As far as Stheno is concerned, going into Hell to rescue her sister Medusa is the most important thing she'll ever do. She's lived for thousands of years with a heavy burden of guilt and now she knows why. I pity the fools who stand in her path.
stheno_temple.png
Naamah:
Naamah, is the second Succubus Queen along with Lilith, Eisheth and Igret. She has power over seductive music and her song can entrance and enthrall all who hear (except those with considerable willpower). Her design draws heavily from Kabbalistic/Jewish mythology. In Athena's Revenge she is being held captive by the demon lord Maalik.
naamah_1.png

Aden:

Aden is a demon who has taken on the form of a human. Stheno, Euryale and Ashmedai meet him upon entering Hell. He rescues them from a hoard of feral Succubi. Very little is known about Aden's past. He has mastery over Chaos Energy as most with all demons, but he seems to know of Stheno as the Raven of Death -a title she hasn't been known by for hundreds of years. He wears a mysterious helmet that has two lust crystals in them.
Aden_4.png Aden_1.png

Last edited:
  • Hey there
Reactions: Saint Blackmoor

deepglugs

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2018
The steam store page is up for Athena's Revenge and the prologue is written. Check them out:

deepglugs

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2018
Chapter 1 is nearly complete! Here's some preview images:

ch1_hell_21_0001.png
ch1_hell_37_0001.png
ch1_hell_44_0001.png
ch1_hell_17_0001.png
prologue_37_0001.png
Wishlist on steam:

Robocalypse

May 12, 2021
Heya there, I manage a Steam Curator that you sent Athena's Revenge to review. I had been a bit busy with a few in progress games and another game that I helped a bit with some spelling/grammar items and continuity issues. I have since finished that game and will likely be starting to go through this game soon and was wondering whether I needed to play the other entries to understand this game. Also it seems one of the games is not on Steam? Sorry for bothering, but Steam doesn't show you any of the information once you accept the game if there is only 1 copy. I couldn't figure out how to dm you as I don't frequent these forums, so I figured I would try asking you here. If you need me to delete to cleanup your dev post that is fine.

deepglugs

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2018
Heya there, I manage a Steam Curator that you sent Athena's Revenge to review. I had been a bit busy with a few in progress games and another game that I helped a bit with some spelling/grammar items and continuity issues. I have since finished that game and will likely be starting to go through this game soon and was wondering whether I needed to play the other entries to understand this game. Also it seems one of the games is not on Steam? Sorry for bothering, but Steam doesn't show you any of the information once you accept the game if there is only 1 copy. I couldn't figure out how to dm you as I don't frequent these forums, so I figured I would try asking you here. If you need me to delete to cleanup your dev post that is fine.
I did try to explain the more mundane concepts from the others as the story progresses but there is also a couple options for recaps at the beginning the covers the previous two games. Hopefully that makes playing the other two games unnecessary (if it doesn't I have work to do). The other two are on steam as "Tragedy of Medusa" and "Euryale's Gambit". What's your steam curator name? I can send you a copy of those as well if you want.