arkopand

May 7, 2018
Imagine being so assmad you write this wall of text over a forum post you know to be factually untrue. A reasonable person would have chuckled and moved on.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Kisama33

belladore

Dec 26, 2023
Mirthal, I'm sorry that I pissed you off with my comments today. I know it's annoying to see people like me making comments about you not finishing the game because of Patreon money. If it's any consolation, I did review Aurelia 5/5 here, and I paid several months to your Patreon, and I'm always recommending Aurelia everywhere as I think it's a great game. So I'm not a hater or troll who is just whining from the sidelines, I'm a huge fan of the game who is disappointed after seeing a mountain of dungeon content and minigames instead of finishing the main plotline.

You keep satirically using words like "GREEDY", while I had no intention of attacking your character. The way I see it, you're creating and selling games - it's a business, and there's nothing wrong with making money. I genuinely think that the Patreon model is incentivizing the prolonged development for many games, Aurelia included ("prolonged" in negative connotation here, as opposed to actually finishing the games). That's a flaw of the system, not a character flaw of game developers. If I was personally earning $10k per month on Patreon for a single-project Patreon account, I would definitely try to find ways to prolong the development, and I don't consider myself to be an evil or greedy person.

You posted some numbers with the implication that the way to maximize revenue would be to release the game on Steam as soon as possible. You made it sound like the Steam revenue stream will shrink or disappear if the Patreon development is prolonged. That's not going to happen. If Aurelia stays longer in Patreon development, then the Steam revenue will simply come later. That Steam money is not gonna evaporate into thin air, you just get it later. So it seems to me that the way to maximize revenue would be to prolong development to collect Patreon money, while polishing the game such that it will ensure great reviews on Steam upon release, and finally, release the game on Steam as late as possible. (I don't pretend to know exactly what is the optimal time point to finish the game for maximizing revenue. Of course there are many factors are at play, like how much the game is gaining or losing interest across time, when is the game fully polished to have great reviews on Steam, etc. The optimal timepoint is not going to be "delay release indefinitely", I'm not claiming that.)

I would just love to see Aurelia finished, I didn't want to bash on you or anything like that. You've said that you're focusing on the important stuff now, and that's great to hear. And if that truly was the case then perhaps my comments were entirely unwarranted. Sorry to have pissed you off like this, and sad to see this was enough to get me banned from your Discord. I'm just gonna sit on the sidelines and stop commenting on Aurelia altogether, I don't wanna be a thorn at your side. I wish you all the best and I'm planning to buy the game when it's finished.

Reactions: arkopand

Mirthal

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2018
Mirthal, I'm sorry that I pissed you off with my comments today. I know it's annoying to see people like me making comments about you not finishing the game because of Patreon money. If it's any consolation, I did review Aurelia 5/5 here, and I paid several months to your Patreon, and I'm always recommending Aurelia everywhere as I think it's a great game. So I'm not a hater or troll who is just whining from the sidelines, I'm a huge fan of the game who is disappointed after seeing a mountain of dungeon content and minigames instead of finishing the main plotline.

You keep satirically using words like "GREEDY", while I had no intention of attacking your character. The way I see it, you're creating and selling games - it's a business, and there's nothing wrong with making money. I genuinely think that the Patreon model is incentivizing the prolonged development for many games, Aurelia included ("prolonged" in negative connotation here, as opposed to actually finishing the games). That's a flaw of the system, not a character flaw of game developers. If I was personally earning $10k per month on Patreon for a single-project Patreon account, I would definitely try to find ways to prolong the development, and I don't consider myself to be an evil or greedy person.

You posted some numbers with the implication that the way to maximize revenue would be to release the game on Steam as soon as possible. You made it sound like the Steam revenue stream will shrink or disappear if the Patreon development is prolonged. That's not going to happen. If Aurelia stays longer in Patreon development, then the Steam revenue will simply come later. That Steam money is not gonna evaporate into thin air, you just get it later. So it seems to me that the way to maximize revenue would be to prolong development to collect Patreon money, while polishing the game such that it will ensure great reviews on Steam upon release, and finally, release the game on Steam as late as possible. (I don't pretend to know exactly what is the optimal time point to finish the game for maximizing revenue. Of course there are many factors are at play, like how much the game is gaining or losing interest across time, when is the game fully polished to have great reviews on Steam, etc. The optimal timepoint is not going to be "delay release indefinitely", I'm not claiming that.)

I would just love to see Aurelia finished, I didn't want to bash on you or anything like that. You've said that you're focusing on the important stuff now, and that's great to hear. And if that truly was the case then perhaps my comments were entirely unwarranted. Sorry to have pissed you off like this, and sad to see this was enough to get me banned from your Discord. I'm just gonna sit on the sidelines and stop commenting on Aurelia altogether, I don't wanna be a thorn at your side. I wish you all the best and I'm planning to buy the game when it's finished.
Mucho texto.

I'll unban you, but be careful with throwing accusations around man.

Madman4527

Jul 29, 2017
Mucho texto.

I'll unban you, but be careful with throwing accusations around man.
Don't listen to the haters Mirthal. This is by far one of the greatest adult games ever made. That holds true with even the current content, let alone the final release. I can't wait to see what's next after 1.0.

Catkong80

Jan 18, 2018
Indeed.

It can't be that a final release takes more time, as announced:

View attachment 3547207

It can't be that they are animating old stuff, as promised many times and even shown publicly:

View attachment 3547214 View attachment 3547218 View attachment 3547220 View attachment 3547225

It can be that they are translating the game to several languages and adding mod support for any non-official language:

View attachment 3547229

No, no, no.
It is ALWAYS DEVELOPER GREED. Because 10k on Patreon is mad money dude! Nothing comparable to Steam!

You know, unless you are completely ignorant of how Steam works and the amount of money releasing a game actually makes:

View attachment 3547313
This is what a NSFW game made in a bit more than year btw. And it's not even that popular (has a 20% the amount of reviews Aurelia has here in F95 to put some sort of comparison.) Almost like there is a reason why everyone is migrating there.
I'm keeping the dev anonymous because I don't want anyone to get shit for this screenshot.

I mean, trust me broh! Fallout New Vegas was done in two years!

And all they had is:
  1. An incredibly popular IP
  2. The engine used for the previous game.
  3. Lore and worldbuilding of said game
  4. Like half the assets to build said game. (UI, enemies, buildings, items, etc...)
  5. Being published by a multi-million dollar corporation.
  6. A budget most likely exceeding a million
It's a fair (and very nuanced) comparison!

View attachment 3547304

And if they post anything! They already had it done and didn't release it! Obviously!

They are SO METICULOUS that they even keep a fake tracking of the scenes left to do: View attachment 3547336

And an entire fake discord server where they have entirely fake discussions about content:

View attachment 3547344
Just in case someone hacks them like I did. Tips fedora.

Because lets be serious people, what is more plausible?
Developers working on a project like they've done until now for 6 years?
Or...
Dark secrets the government developers don't want you to know!? Think sheeple! THINK!

And yes, this is in fact, satire.
And yes, I'm finishing the game.
And for the theory crafters, you can find like-minded friends . Have fun.
I would at the very least post your twitter posts to your Patreon or something to make it look more lively, it makes it look like the project has been dead since October and I think that's where all the milking comments come from, you could also have a lot more supporters that way. This is the first time I have seen this game and I thought it was dead because the Patreon is the first thing I click on. Also, I know you didn't intend it, but this long post makes it look like you couldn't care less about your supporters since they only give you 10k compared to other people making more on steam rather than the fact that you are just working hard on a final release, just a heads up.
Edit: Also good luck on the full release, its great to see a game actually finish on this site haha.

Reactions: arkopand

Mirthal

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2018
I would at the very least post your twitter posts to your Patreon or something to make it look more lively, it makes it look like the project has been dead since October and I think that's where all the milking comments come from
Random comments making shit up are inevitable and I've received them over the years irrelevantly of how much content I put out.

Trying to "please" or "minimize" assholes is pointless because... Well, they are assholes. They don't care about reasoning. They just want to throw shit because they know there is no consequence and makes them feel powerful.

Which is why I only really answer if I think I can have fun (and make others have fun) by mocking them.
And boy, do I have a lot of fun sometimes.

Also, I know you didn't intend it, but this long post makes it look like you couldn't care less about your supporters since they only give you 10k compared to other people making more on steam rather than the fact that you are just working hard on a final release
As I said, if someone reads my post in such bad faith that after me saying:
"Patreon doesn't give that much money compared to Steam, so the whole elongating release isn't as lucrative as people think"
they think I said:
"HAHAHAHA, I REALLY HATE MY PATREON SUPPORTERS"

What I'm even supposed to do at that point? I could say whatever and they'll just make up in their mind some ludicrous bullshit like me "hoarding content in a HDD", it is a pointless endeavor to try to please those individuals.

Jonte555

Feb 22, 2023
Random comments making shit up are inevitable and I've received them over the years irrelevantly of how much content I put out.

Trying to "please" or "minimize" assholes is pointless because... Well, they are assholes. They don't care about reasoning. They just want to throw shit because they know there is no consequence and makes them feel powerful.

Which is why I only really answer if I think I can have fun (and make others have fun) by mocking them.
And boy, do I have a lot of fun sometimes.

As I said, if someone reads my post in such bad faith that after me saying:
"Patreon doesn't give that much money compared to Steam, so the whole elongating release isn't as lucrative as people think"
they think I said:
"HAHAHAHA, I REALLY HATE MY PATREON SUPPORTERS"

What I'm even supposed to do at that point? I could say whatever and they'll just make up in their mind some ludicrous bullshit like me "hoarding content in a HDD", it is a pointless endeavor to try to please those individuals.
It is saying app is not compatible with device android 12 ,Is there a 64 bit version available?Or a fix for it

Yazros

Mar 2, 2018
Hey Mirthal, are the Ginny and Lily mentioned in the V0.30.0 EXTRA change log in the current playable version of v0.31? And if so can you point in the direction of how to get them because there is nothing in the wiki about 'em and I haven't found anyone else talk about them in this thread.

SomeoneX22

Dec 1, 2017
Personally, I think that completing game and do full release in Steam is a great thing to do. Without bullshit like Episode 1, Early Access etc...
I can't support you on Patreon, but gladly will buy finished game in Steam. P.S. don't forget Cloud Saves.

Evergrace

Apr 2, 2018
Hey Mirthal, are the Ginny and Lily mentioned in the V0.30.0 EXTRA change log in the current playable version of v0.31? And if so can you point in the direction of how to get them because there is nothing in the wiki about 'em and I haven't found anyone else talk about them in this thread.
They are not, the .30 Extra is a patreon build and has the extra scenes behind that wall, the .31 is a public build and doesn't include those scenes.

Reactions: Yazros
4.80 star(s) 162 Votes